Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you turn if all your favorite sports teams in your town moved away?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL: Raiders - I used to be a bit of a Raiders fan. Rich Gannon is one of my all time favorite players, and then there was Tim Brown, Charles Woodson, Jon Ritchie, Jerry Rice, etc. I loved watching those Raiders teams. Although I do kind of like the Lions too.

MLB: I really don't know. Probably Baltimore, but not sure.

NCAA: Boston College - What is this one team for football one for basketball garbage? Pick one school.

Hate the NBA and don't watch NHL.

Comment

I would turn to the barrel of a 12-gauge shotgun.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

NFL - Follow them
        MLB - Stop watching
        NHL - Follow them
        NBA - Follow them / Clippers
        NCAA - if both ASU and Miami were destroyed in a epic accident then probably Zona
        Last edited by fenikz; 02-14-2011, 05:17 PM.

Comment

NHL — Buffalo Sabres
          NFL — Green Bay Packers
          MLB — I wouldn't care about any of them
          NBA — I never cared about any of them
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Considering the only local professional sport is the OKC Thunder, which we acquired recently, I'd probably go back to being a Hornets fan. I'm not a big basketball fan though.

How does a college move though? It's not a possibility but I would stay a Sooner fan. I'd also move with the college since I'm a student.
            Last edited by nrk; 02-14-2011, 05:30 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Can't believe how many people would just abandon their team.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                Seriously. Do you really have that much pride in your city or something? It's not like you'll never hear about/won't be able to watch the team again if they move.

Comment

NFL - I'd follow the Saints even if they moved. If they were contracted then I'd follow the Steelers.

MLB - I don't follow MLB so it doesn't matter.

NBA - If the Hornets moved I could care less. I'd pull for either the Thunder or Celtics, more than likely the Thunder who I pull for now.

NHL - If the Penguins moved I'd follow them. If they were completely wiped away then I'd pull for the Bruins.

NCAA - If LSU was destroyed in some horrible fire the I don't know who I'd pull for. I'd probably just watch CFB w/o a team to root for.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                    I thought it was a better question if keeping the same team wasn't an option, so that's how I answered it.

Comment

Let's assume they disband and not move for future answers.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                        previous: 49ers, SF Giants, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars, Texas A&M

NFL - Oakland Raiders
                        MLB - Texas Rangers or Oakland A's
                        NBA - OKC Thunder or Sacramento Kings
                        NHL - San Jose Sharks
                        NCAA - Sam Houston State or whatever grad school I end up at.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

So if all the Cleveland teams left (Browns, Cavs, Indians)

NFL- Detroit Lions
                          NBA- LA Clippers
                          MLB- Florida Marlins (I used to like them as a kid)

I think deep down I'm afraid to like a team that's any good...

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post

NBA- Chicago Bulls. Used to love them back in the MJ/Pippen days and D-Rose is one of my favorite players. Also would cheer for the Thunder, hard not to.

MLB- Colorado Rockies. I like Tulo and Ubaldo.

NHL- Casual observer, only during the playoffs.

NFL- 49ers. I've always kinda liked them and I like their uniforms. Frank Gore is a beast.

NCAAB- Marquette or Georgetown

NCAAF- No one
                            Last edited by yo123; 02-14-2011, 08:59 PM.

Comment

If they disbanded, huh?

NFL - New Orleans Saints. I picked via which QB I'd most like to see succeed.
                              NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder. Kevin Durant is the right kind of superstar. Westbrook is super exciting as a #2.
                              MLB - Minnesota Twins. Meh, not a big baseball guy.
                              NCCAB - Marquette. Trying to stay in state.
                              NCAAF - TCU. Like them more then BSU and they killed my Badgers this year so props.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Boston sports...if any left, they're ******* dead to me and there's no picking new teams for my situation. ****, I was ready to jump ship when the Pats threatened to move to CT and held a grudge against the Bruins and C's when the Garden was torn down. I'd probably give up sports, which would probably be a good thing.

Sure, I like the KC teams, but only because they're local and feed my desire for more football/baseball. If the Patriots and Red Sox weren't around, I'd stop giving a **** about the Chiefs and Royals, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information