Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About To Pop the Big Question to My Girl...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About To Pop the Big Question to My Girl...

Thought I'd ask here since none of my friends will talk to me about it, lol, but yeah gonna propose to my girlfriend on her birthday in March was looking to see if anyone had any ideas on how to do it. I am notorious for not being romantic at all and being awful with gifts so I really want to make this one time special. Anyone have any ideas for me that aren't the standard just getting on my knee or ring in the cake type thing? I need something clever.

+rep for good ideas

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Tie the ring to your dick and make her give you head.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
      hahahhahahahhahahahahaha congrats tho bro

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Haha, that's awesome.

Seriously, I don't know. Take her to a fancy dinner or something, just let things go naturally.

Comment

That's more along the lines of my thought process, lol, if only for her parents who will be there :)

Comment

Why won't your friends talk to you about it? Seems quite odd.

You could always be an asshole and use the reverse psychology approach. At dinner suddenly pull her aside and tell her you need to talk. She might get excited.. then start going on about how this isn't working for you and things just don't feel right.. let her get worked up.. then continue into "I just can't stand not being married to you any longer." and do the knee thing.

Then again, I'm a sarcastic jerk that likes ******* with people.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Absolutely do not do what Sportsfan said.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                Absolutely do not do what Sportsfan said.
                Come on, dude. It'd be fun. He could film it, too, for youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                  Why won't your friends talk to you about it? Seems quite odd.

You could always be an asshole and use the reverse psychology approach. At dinner suddenly pull her aside and tell her you need to talk. She might get excited.. then start going on about how this isn't working for you and things just don't feel right.. let her get worked up.. then continue into "I just can't stand not being married to you any longer." and do the knee thing.

Then again, I'm a sarcastic jerk that likes ******* with people.
                  Hah you haven't met my buddies, I mentionword marriage and they disappear. Funny enough the only people I have talked to this about not including my mom and sister is my ex girlfriend who bartends at a bar I always go to. I don't know maybe it's just me and always being in that sports environment but I don't feel comfortable talking with my buddies about anything not "manly."

Anyways yeah I couldn't pull off your idea, I am so laid back she'd probably start freaking out and hit me if I started that haha.

Comment

Come on, dude. It'd be fun. He could film it, too, for youtube.
                    Filming it is something I have planned. Well obviously though I won't be the one filming.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                      Filming it is something I have planned. Well obviously though I won't be the one filming.
                      Hmm. Okay, let me think up a more serious idea here. None of the standard jazz, huh?

What about getting her parents in on it? Get her parents to give her a gift that's actually the ring, so she is completely caught unprepared when she opens it and there's a ******* ring. Then drop down and ask her. She's probably sniffed out you're planning to cuz you know women and she obviously wouldn't expect it from something her parents gave her.

Plus it shows you asked her parents "for their permission" blah blah and chicks like that. Also makes it easier to film it without giving it away. And even better, have her open all your presents first so she gets a bit disappointed.

Comment

Hmm. Okay, let me think up a more serious idea here. None of the standard jazz, huh?

What about getting her parents in on it? Get her parents to give her a gift that's actually the ring, so she is completely caught unprepared when she opens it and there's a ******* ring. Then drop down and ask her. She's probably sniffed out you're planning to cuz you know women and she obviously wouldn't expect it from something her parents gave her.

Plus it shows you asked her parents "for their permission" blah blah and chicks like that. Also makes it easier to film it without giving it away. And even better, have her open all your presents first so she gets a bit disappointed.
                        I have been giving it thought using her Dad. He's a dead serious southern guy who has worked for anhueser plant his whole life, I'm thinking about staging a whole thing about him getting mad at me telling my girlfriend that we shouldn't be together. Although my parents think he's racist so not sure how that will fly with my parents there as well. Damn just hard to think of something. Your idea is good.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                          I have been giving it thought using her Dad. He's a dead serious southern guy who has worked for anhueser plant his whole life, I'm thinking about staging a whole thing about him getting mad at me telling my girlfriend that we shouldn't be together. Although my parents think he's racist so not sure how that will fly with my parents there as well. Damn just hard to think of something. Your idea is good.
                          I would be careful if there is some animosity there, don't want to start a fight. Plus, hey, maybe if he does that for you it'll make your parents like him a bit more.. which is important if you're going to be family-in-law.

I actually think it could be pretty entertaining if you worked up to how you got her a really special present.. she gets excited.. opens all your stuff.. and is completely let down but obviously can't show it 'cuz expecting an engagement ring isn't fair.

Comment

def dont mess with her. she'll never let you live it down. you dont wanna deal with that hell.

get her to a restaurant. your not actually gunna eat here. make sure the people that work there know that youre leaving. be prepared to leave a nice tip for the help.

sit and get your menus. Somewhere nice. no the best lighting kinda dark dim, somewhere she likes or thats meaningful for you guys. before you really get going, have her parents show up "hey is that your mom and dad? what are they doin here?"

shes surprised, goes to get up and say hi. grap her hand. say kinda quietly "actually, i think i DO know what they are doing here" as you give them a wave and the father nods to you (she needs to see that, girls love it its old school)

now she knows somethings goin down. tell her whatever it is you wanna say, get down on a knee, and get it done. Then up and bounce to a nice place where a bunch of her and your friends are to celebrate the engagement. and get some serious action that night haha

you could also have the dad give you the ring and the box when he shows up. that works good too.
                            Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                            Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

I would be careful if there is some animosity there, don't want to start a fight. Plus, hey, maybe if he does that for you it'll make your parents like him a bit more.. which is important if you're going to be family-in-law.

I actually think it could be pretty entertaining if you worked up to how you got her a really special present.. she gets excited.. opens all your stuff.. and is completely let down but obviously can't show it 'cuz expecting an engagement ring isn't fair.
                              haha yeah we are huge Caps fans I might incinuate my present being caps tickets and hit her with some Nats tickets. She might break down and cry on the spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information