Originally posted by CGF 216/137
    that was my line of thought.
    Whats the worst that could happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings Fan
      that was about yuor previous post its just with the poker game my reaction time is limited.

Comment

that was about yuor previous post its just with the poker game my reaction time is limited.
        Oh, carry on then.

Just a little cooking tidbit to be safe: Stew is always a fantastic idea, it is hearty, can be used for Lunch or Dinner, cheap, easy to prepare and it easy to time: Just cook it hours before you want to use it and then heat it up agian!

Comment

I am going to be making a 5 Course meal and I need a suggestion on the last course, so far I have:

1st: Bruschetta

2ed: Gazpacho

3ed: Lamb Stew

4th: Milkshakes

I need to fit another course in here but I dont know what or when. Suggestions?
          I would suggest preparing something else for dessert besides milkshakes...CGF is right, it is a very liquidly spread...Maybe you could serve cake or pie instead or even fruit...

Comment

Originally posted by dx13579

I am going to be making a 5 Course meal and I need a suggestion on the last course, so far I have:

I would suggest preparing something else for dessert besides milkshakes...CGF is right, it is a very liquidly spread...Maybe you could serve cake or pie instead or even fruit...
            fruit for dessert? are you a dentist? although, i am kinda fat, so what do i know. make some pie.....mmmmmmmm...pie.

Comment

Hm..... thats a good point, but it would be nice to build up with Smooth Gazpacho to pasta salad to heavy stew and finish with a smooth and creamy Milkshake. The whole point of my being able to make a 5-course meal is because of how easy it is and baking a pie isnt easy.

Comment

Hm..... thats a good point, but it would be nice to build up with Smooth Gazpacho to pasta salad to heavy stew and finish with a smooth and creamy Milkshake. The whole point of my being able to make a 5-course meal is because of how easy it is and baking a pie isnt easy.
                Very true...I'm just thinking if I'm eating Gazpacho then pasta salad and then stew and then a milkshake! Just seems like a lot of liquids...More than I prefer...

But it still all sounds really good...

Comment

Very true...I'm just thinking if I'm eating Gazpacho then pasta salad and then stew and then a milkshake! Just seems like a lot of liquids...More than I prefer...

But it still all sounds really good...
                  Well the stew is very chunky and only 2 quarts of liquid thats not much and then you reduce my 1" its pretty thick and creamy and tasty.

Comment

Well the stew is very chunky and only 2 quarts of liquid thats not much and then you reduce my 1" its pretty thick and creamy and tasty.
                    Ahhh...I usually have my stews a little more on the watery side...So I was imagining that...But that should be fine ending to your meal...

What/Who are you making this lavish 5 course meal for?

Comment

Alright, these are the food stuffs that I have readily available:

Peanut Butter (creamy)
                      Peanut Butter (crunchy)
                      Jelly
                      Croissants (from Costco)
                      Bread
                      Swiss Cheese
                      Turkey
                      Mayo
                      Lettuce

What's the best sandwich I can make using these ingredients? (and no, not using ALL of them)

Comment

Re: The Cooking Thread II

After the other thread got locked I decided it was time to re-create it agian after some down time. Also I have news: I have begun to take up cocktail making and bartending. I am attempting to create a list of things I can make:

Bloody Mary

hey, what do you put in your bloodys?

Comment

Ahhh...I usually have my stews a little more on the watery side...So I was imagining that...But that should be fine ending to your meal...

What/Who are you making this lavish 5 course meal for?
                          My family and a friend of the family is coming over.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe
                            After the other thread got locked I decided it was time to re-create it agian after some down time. Also I have news: I have begun to take up cocktail making and bartending. I am attempting to create a list of things I can make:

Bloody Mary

6oz V8 Juice
                            6 Ice Cubes
                            3oz of Gin
                            Lime Juice
                            Slice of Lime
                            Celery Stick

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804
                              Alright, these are the food stuffs that I have readily available:

Peanut Butter (creamy)
                              Peanut Butter (crunchy)
                              Jelly
                              Croissants (from Costco)
                              Bread
                              Swiss Cheese
                              Turkey
                              Mayo
                              Lettuce

What's the best sandwich I can make using these ingredients? (and no, not using ALL of them)
                              Bread + Mayo + Lettuce + Swiss + Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by drowe

Bloody Mary

6oz V8 Juice
                                6 Ice Cubes
                                3oz of Gin
                                Lime Juice
                                Slice of Lime
                                Celery Stick
                                i'm intrigued by the fact that you use Gin, but that sounds kinda bland...here's a the recipe i've been using:

Mr & Mrs T's Bloody Mary Mix (bold and spicy sounds good, but i always get the original, so i can add my own spices...btw, this is just the name for the base, not the entire recipe...its in most liquor stores)
                                Vodka
                                ice
                                worstechire sauce
                                lemon juice
                                tobasco sauce
                                celery salt

and then whatever you want for garnish...pickles are always good, but if you can find pickled okra, those are GREAT in a bloody mary.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information