HOMEWORK HELP Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
    Pretty sure it's 5,000 at 8% and 15,000 at 12%...
    It is that definitely

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• The revenue, R, recieved for selling x computers is given by the formula
      R= -x2/5 + 80x-500. How many computers must be sold to obtain the maximum revenue?

***x2 means x squared

Sig by Me

Comment

• anyone here know binary or hexadecimals?

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
          anyone here know binary or hexadecimals?
          kinda, i am in AP computer science a.k.a the nerdiest class ever, this year

Comment

• Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
            kinda, i am in AP computer science a.k.a the nerdiest class ever, this year
            isnt it the gayest **** uve ever heard? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
              The revenue, R, recieved for selling x computers is given by the formula
              R= -x2/5 + 80x-500. How many computers must be sold to obtain the maximum revenue?

***x2 means x squared
              this is how you do it.
              for my 1k post.

you take the derivitave of the equasion. r=(-x^2)/5+80x-500.

the derivitave of that is r'=-2x/5+80 (if you don't know how to get that let me know)

you solve for r'=-2x/5+80 (which is 200). 200 is the tangent point on the r equasion.

200 = 7500
              201 = 7499.8
              199 = 7499.8

200 is the correct answer.

and i know binary and hex too gbs
              i do the computer science thing kinda well.
              considering i am a programmer.
              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Binary is really easy, hexadecimals are kinda hard, also adding and subtracting them, but i just think its stupid

hey quiet, im majoring in computer science and want to be a programmer, in really anything, but am not to nerdy, how is it being a programmer?

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                  this is how you do it.
                  for my 1k post.

you take the derivitave of the equasion. r=(-x^2)/5+80x-500.

the derivitave of that is r'=-2x/5+80 (if you don't know how to get that let me know)

you solve for r'=-2x/5+80 (which is 200). 200 is the tangent point on the r equasion.

200 = 7500
                  201 = 7499.8
                  199 = 7499.8

200 is the correct answer.

and i know binary and hex too gbs
                  i do the computer science thing kinda well.
                  considering i am a programmer.
                  Thank you very much, but can you tell me how you got the derivative of the initial problem?

Sig by Me

Comment

• some kid in my class made a calculator program to convert binary to decimal and vice versa, so i never learned how to do it, i just used the program. so far it is kinda cool, i felt like a loser when i learned something in math today, and said "i could make a computer program that could do that", probably my nerdiest thought ever

Comment

some kid in my class made a calculator program to convert binary to decimal and vice versa, so i never learned how to do it, i just used the program. so far it is kinda cool, i felt like a loser when i learned something in math today, and said "i could make a computer program that could do that", probably my nerdiest thought ever
                      hey, chicks dig the smart guy.....with MONEY!

im too stupid to be in a smart career, i seriously think ive takin more Asprin last year than anyone has in their lifes, during games, id take 16 of them lol

Comment

hey, chicks dig the smart guy.....with MONEY!

im too stupid to be in a smart career, i seriously think ive takin more Asprin last year than anyone has in their lifes, during games, id take 16 of them lol
                        chicks dig me anyway, so i don't need the help. and i am in the smart classes anyway, but that is the only one i could actually call "nerdy"

EDIT:ITT tech could really help you out getting a career in computer programming, that is what my brother in law did

Comment

chicks dig me anyway, so i don't need the help. and i am in the smart classes anyway, but that is the only one i could actually call "nerdy"

EDIT:ITT tech could really help you out getting a career in computer programming, that is what my brother in law did
                          well, when im done with football, ill do that, even if i major in it, cause at a specialty school u can always get better, btw whats ur Bro-n-law do?

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                            Thank you very much, but can you tell me how you got the derivative of the initial problem?
                            no prob.

to get to -2x/5+80 from -x^2/5+80x-500 comes to reducing the power of the variable by one.
                            so x2 would become x... and you multiply the coefficient by the power you reduced it from (which would be two). so it becomes -2x^1... since 80x is already at the first power 80*1 is still 80. and x^0 will always = 1. 500, since it doesn't have a variable attached to it becomes 0. and then you mark it as r'= -2x/5+80 because it's the original equasion derived (the r' is noted as r prime)...

so... i hope that worked? you're probably just starting calc one right?
                            it's a basic concept that you'll get really good at soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                              no prob.

to get to -2x/5+80 from -x^2/5+80x-500 comes to reducing the power of the variable by one.
                              so x2 would become x... and you multiply the coefficient by the power you reduced it from (which would be two). so it becomes -2x^1... since 80x is already at the first power 80*1 is still 80. and x^0 will always = 1. 500, since it doesn't have a variable attached to it becomes 0. and then you mark it as r'= -2x/5+80 because it's the original equasion derived (the r' is noted as r prime)...

so... i hope that worked? you're probably just starting calc one right?
                              it's a basic concept that you'll get really good at soon.
                              Second half of Math B actually

Thank you much

Sig by Me

Comment

Binary is really easy, hexadecimals are kinda hard, also adding and subtracting them, but i just think its stupid

hey quiet, im majoring in computer science and want to be a programmer, in really anything, but am not to nerdy, how is it being a programmer?
                                i'm not really nerdy either. i played in rock bands.
                                it's alright. there's not that many nerds.

it also depends on what your programming on how big of nerds you'll encounter. if you stick with ajax, .net, cfml, sql and oracle based programming, you'll be among the least nerdy.

when you start programming in ancient technology, then then nerds come out.

the pay is good. i don't dress up all the time. and i'm not really a 'programmer'... i used to be by trade... even though i'm an engineer (and not a CS style engineer, like a real, bread and butter Mechie)... nowadays, i just oversee programmers and data analysts and suck off a few middle management gurus and project managers to make sure what i'm planning goes without hitches. lots and lots of analysis. (i'm what you'd call a business analyst)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information