HOMEWORK HELP Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
    i'm not really nerdy either. i played in rock bands.
    it's alright. there's not that many nerds.

it also depends on what your programming on how big of nerds you'll encounter. if you stick with ajax, .net, cfml, sql and oracle based programming, you'll be among the least nerdy.

when you start programming in ancient technology, then then nerds come out.

the pay is good. i don't dress up all the time. and i'm not really a 'programmer'... i used to be by trade... even though i'm an engineer (and not a CS style engineer, like a real, bread and butter Mechie)... nowadays, i just oversee programmers and data analysts and suck off a few middle management gurus and project managers to make sure what i'm planning goes without hitches. lots and lots of analysis. (i'm what you'd call a business analyst)
    sounds kinda boring lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
      sounds kinda boring lol
      its not if you like problem solving...
      which is all i do.
      haha.

and the pay is well worth it.
      let me assure you. it's well worth it when you make the transition from programmer to BA (and eventually i'll get into the Project Managment position and then i'll take everyone out for white castle)
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

then i'll take everyone out for white castle)
        You're my hero.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
          You're my hero.
          30 crave cases should do it.
          40 pounds of fries and rings.
          three gallons of ketchup.
          and a direct line of fountain coca-cola to the mouth.

now i have the crave.
          great.

Comment

30 crave cases should do it.
            40 pounds of fries and rings.
            three gallons of ketchup.
            and a direct line of fountain coca-cola to the mouth.

now i have the crave.
            great.
            yep, 900 burgers is sounding pretty good right now.

Comment

• answers.yahoo.com

aka Homeworkhelp.com

people will do your work for you, and not just one 3 people every time, trust me its more than legit its freakin amazing

former #1 in post count on this site
              first to 500 posts

Comment

• what are some Adherents/Non-adherents of Theocracy?

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                  what are some Adherents/Non-adherents of Theocracy?
                  currently or in the past?

Comment

currently or in the past?

current but both if you know the past as well

Comment

• Iran is run by a group of shia clerks who allow certain individuals to run for office. In that particular manner, where it's not specifically run by the monastic element, it is dictated by it.

Vatican City is definitely a theocratic city state with itself being run by Archbishop Lajolo. He's basically 'in charge' of it all. Delegating printing, security, and all taxation of vatican lands. (all .44 square miles of it)..

Uh. Branch Davidaism (think david koresh), did that on a smaller scale outside of waco. Where it wasn't a full fledge government, but on a small scale of trying to secede from the 'outside world' to protect themselves from the oncoming apocolypse.

Jonestown and Peoples temple, it was a settlement in guayana... theocracy by way of brutality. Most of you kids were too young. I was even too young.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                        the branch davidians and jonestown are the first things that come to mind? how weird. i mean, if we're speaking in the past, the taliban would've been a pretty easy adherent example.
                        haha. i like creative examples?

hell we could have even talked about early american history, the spanish inquisition, it all depends on what you define as religion? a set of common ideals? you could have cold war russia in that state. the state religion which controlled the government was the sole belief in the stalinist state and his essential ultimate control as the leader (because honestly, why would you have the battle of st. petersburg if you didn't have some fanatical fervent of pseudo-relgious ideals?)

okay. so yes. the taliban too was a good example. teachers like creativity too? because everyone saying the taliban would be boring to discuss...

i forgot the non-adherent examples.
                        sorry.

norway. official state church - lutheran. constantly trying to detach the the church from the state due to rising muslim populations.

england. official state church - anglican. the head of the anglican church is technically queen elizabeth the second, or the current head of state for england. but. the vestigal parts of the monarchy exist but hold no power, and thus is not a theocracy. ditto canada and australia (in some grand way).
                        Last edited by awfullyquiet; 09-20-2007, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
                          well, when im done with football, ill do that, even if i major in it, cause at a specialty school u can always get better, btw whats ur Bro-n-law do?
                          he has his own programming company, someone tells him what they want, and he makes a program that does it

Comment

• any history buffs wanna help me out on how the Great Awakening led to the seperation of church and state?
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• A couple problem solving questions...

1.) What could be the next term in this sequence:

2, 10, 202,...

2.) An unusual die has six faces labeled 1,2,3,5,7,9. If two of these dice are rolled and the numbers showing on the upper faces are added, what is the probability of rolling a sum of 10?

Comment

• Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
                                2.) An unusual die has six faces labeled 1,2,3,5,7,9. If two of these dice are rolled and the numbers showing on the upper faces are added, what is the probability of rolling a sum of 10?
                                You can only get a sum of 10 by rolling 1 and 9 or 3 and 7 or 5's. Obviously the numbers can occur on each dice so there are 2 ways of getting 1 and 9, 3 and 7, 5's. So there are 6 ways of rolling a sum of 10. There are 6 possibilities on each dice so 36 different combinations can be achieved in total. Therefore the probability is 6/36 or 1/6.

There's probably an easier way of explaining what I said, but I am pretty sure it's right. I'm having a brain fart on number 1, I'll have a think.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information