HOMEWORK HELP Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me!

I have an essay (only 3 pages) due tomorrow... The topic what is the existentialist themes in Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis. Use examples from the text and relate it to Stephen Kries' The Existentialist Frame of Mind.http://www.historyguide.org/europe/lecture12.html
    I need some help because I didn't read either thing...
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
      Help Me!

I have an essay (only 3 pages) due tomorrow... The topic what is the existentialist themes in Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis. Use examples from the text and relate it to Stephen Kries' The Existentialist Frame of Mind.http://www.historyguide.org/europe/lecture12.html

Well you probably should have read it, but in The Metamorphosis, the main character wakes up one day and is a bug and his family like hates him, and in the end he kills himself. Not much help, I know. Look for a summary of it cause I'm sure you could find some cliff notes that talk about it and existentialism.

At least one of these should help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Metamorphosis
      http://www.123helpme.com/view.asp?id=15642
      http://www.historyguide.org/europe/lecture12.html
      Last edited by dolphinfan2k5; 10-21-2007, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• ok so i need a calculator function similar to a factorial, but instead of multiplying, adding the proceeding numbers. I think its probably something to do with probability but i cant remember.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
          Help Me!

hahah we just read this. Are you in AP Senior English?

It's mostly the isolation, depression, guilt, etc. he feels because he's unable to provide for his family. His family honestly doesn't really care about him when he was in human state, they were all about the cash he brought in. They eventually become disgusted with him and are actually overjoyed that the monstrosity died, but the story is basically the huge disconnect that becomes wider as a result of him getting animalized.

OH OH also, as a human, he pretty much was robotic. He doesn't appreciate art or beauty, doesn't form friendships, has no soul but to work and support his family. Wasn't even love anymore for them, more like instinct. But when he becomes a bug, he becomes "human", and appreciates the beauty of his sister playing the violin, gets aroused sexually, and loves his family and desires their love in return. In a sense he's more human as a bug than as a man.

If you need anymore help just ask, I know i didn't really relate it to the prompt real well but we finished it a couple weeks ago and i tried to get my thoughts all down just now.
          Originally posted by 7-11
          Originally posted by Renji
          Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
          But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

• Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
            A couple problem solving questions...

1.) What could be the next term in this sequence:

2, 10, 202,...
            You put the 2 and 10 together=210. Subtract backwards from the original, 10-2=8. 210-8=202. So.. 10202,202-10=192. 10202-192=10010

I quarantee Im wrong, thats just how my mind works.

Comment

• I need some help with a college assignment folks . . .

I am having some difficulty coming up with an idea to write a story on for one of my Journalism classes . . . The assignment is to identify a growing trend among college students or a trend of universities.

Can anyone think of some good ideas? +Rep for anyone who helps me out.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                I need some help with a college assignment folks . . .

I am having some difficulty coming up with an idea to write a story on for one of my Journalism classes . . . The assignment is to identify a growing trend among college students or a trend of universities.

I really don't know if this is helpful but I would say 3 out of every 5 kids I see around my campus are listening to iPods between walking to class. Not really sure it is a growing trend but with some research I bet 7 years ago it was a lot different.

You could probably make an argument for the use of laptops in class / lectures also and see if there is a connection between how high tech the school is.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                  I really don't know if this is helpful but I would say 3 out of every 5 kids I see around my campus are listening to iPods between walking to class. Not really sure it is a growing trend but with some research I bet 7 years ago it was a lot different.

You could probably make an argument for the use of laptops in class / lectures also and see if there is a connection between how high tech the school is.
                  Funny you mention those ideas . . . the I-Pod story is alreayd being done by more than a couple people in my class. I don't want to do the same story.

But as for laptop usage, I consider that as a possibility at this point. Seems like a lot more people are bringing laptops to class these days . . . my University has wireless internet all over campus . . .

I'm just not sure if there are any true statistics available that I could use to make my argument for this . . . I'd like to consider more options . . .

Thanks
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Sorority girls at the university of texas wearing these:

Comment

You people not motivated by rep points anymore? I thought that was all you cared about?
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Just curious Xio what college do you go to?

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by familyguy555 View Post
                          Just curious Xio what college do you go to?
                          Oakland University
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

The impending increase in brain cancer thanks to cell phone usage imo.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Oakland University
                              i got an idea, compare people's prefered movie with cumulative GPA.
                              by preferred i mean by genre. like comedy, drama, action, scary, thriller, documentary, etc.
                              i think it would be investigative.
                              is that oakland university in oakland, ca or somewhere else?
                              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                                The impending increase in brain cancer thanks to cell phone usage imo.
                                That topic may be a little too ambitious for me . . . I only have until Friday to write the article . . . that topic would take me years to research, lol.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information