Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
        what's 1 + 1?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post

no its 11enty

Comment

• Are there any history guys in here? How did mercantilism effect the formation of the european nation states in the 1600's forward?

Comment

• anyone good with government?

sig by fenikz
              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
              You are just a terrible person.
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              I have an iPhone.

Comment

• What is the purpose of schools and education? Why do we go? What is it suppose to do for us?

Comment

• Oh, I could write a book on this one.

To be really brief - I'll send you some stuff later if you'd like - the initial purpose behind the American compulsory education system stems from the industrial revolution. Due to a lack of basic skills in many vocational areas, schools were established as a means to not only educate, but to take care of kids when parents were working (this being far more predominant in larger cities). The mannerism in which it has grown from those beginnings to the NCLB monster you see today have a great deal to do with the "American Dream" concept that an education leads to success.

In 2009, any fool can see the need for a basic compulsory education, but the manner in which it is delivered is now flawed (IMO), because so much has changed. Why we go and what it is supposed to do for us is the same; to provide a basic academic platform in order to prepare us for the vocational field.
                  The problem as it stands now is this:
                  Arguement side A - Not everyone is going to be a doctor, lawyer, astronaut so why give them that much. Prepare them for the field they will most likely end up in.

Arguement side B - Since when did we become a society that decides and casts people into certain vocational fields. People should have everything they need in order to choose which they wish to be.

I could go on, give me more specific questions and I'll help you out.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    What is the purpose of schools and education? Why do we go? What is it suppose to do for us?
                    That is a question sounds like it's asking more for your opinion than anything else. There is really no one answer to those questions. I'm guessing that the textbook is asking you for your opinion.

Comment

• for a small piece of paper signed by your dean or principal, which later you will for get about and stop caring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                        Are there any history guys in here? How did mercantilism effect the formation of the european nation states in the 1600's forward?
                        Dude, that is way to vague to answer without writing a multipage essay on it. But I will just write what I would use as a thesis.

Mercantilism led to a rapid increase in wealth among the European nations, after which, they began colonizing the world.
                        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                          Oh, I could write a book on this one.

To be really brief - I'll send you some stuff later if you'd like - the initial purpose behind the American compulsory education system stems from the industrial revolution. Due to a lack of basic skills in many vocational areas, schools were established as a means to not only educate, but to take care of kids when parents were working (this being far more predominant in larger cities). The mannerism in which it has grown from those beginnings to the NCLB monster you see today have a great deal to do with the "American Dream" concept that an education leads to success.

In 2009, any fool can see the need for a basic compulsory education, but the manner in which it is delivered is now flawed (IMO), because so much has changed. Why we go and what it is supposed to do for us is the same; to provide a basic academic platform in order to prepare us for the vocational field.
                          The problem as it stands now is this:
                          Arguement side A - Not everyone is going to be a doctor, lawyer, astronaut so why give them that much. Prepare them for the field they will most likely end up in.

Arguement side B - Since when did we become a society that decides and casts people into certain vocational fields. People should have everything they need in order to choose which they wish to be.

I could go on, give me more specific questions and I'll help you out.
                          Originally posted by Libid21 View Post
                          That is a question sounds like it's asking more for your opinion than anything else. There is really no one answer to those questions. I'm guessing that the textbook is asking you for your opinion.
                          My professor gives us a journal entry question before every class to "warm us up." This was today's and I found it rather interesting. I'll admit it myself that I'm not really good at thinking outside the box, which is what I use this board for other than football; for other perspectives.

Comment

• Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                            Dude, that is way to vague to answer without writing a multipage essay on it. But I will just write what I would use as a thesis.

Mercantilism led to a rapid increase in wealth among the European nations, after which, they began colonizing the world.
                            you can't forget greed when you bring in mercantilism. with greed lent to nationalism which lead to... lots of wars, the annexation of countries. the french revolution... great philosophers

look at what the dutch did. go read probably one of the greatest pieces of literature in the english language: heart of darkness.
                            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                              you can't forget greed when you bring in mercantilism. with greed lent to nationalism which lead to... lots of wars, the annexation of countries. the french revolution... great philosophers

look at what the dutch did. go read probably one of the greatest pieces of literature in the english language: heart of darkness.
                              There has always been lots of wars. There has only been something like 150 years of peace in all of recorded human history.

It's just that the European countries were so poor during the Middle Ages that only a few of them could hold places not under there direct control, and even then only for brief periods of time.
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• PM me if you have any insight on this because it's a sure fire to get this thread locked.

Define racism.
                                How does racism effect authority?
                                How does authority effect racism?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information