No announcement yet.

HOMEWORK HELP Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got to take Calc 3 and technically that's that last math course I'm taking, though I'll be using it for a long time. Not very complicated math though.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      Ew, math. Humanities ftw.
      Humanities are awesome until you need a job.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        Guys...I desperately need help working my TI-83 calculator. I need to make a graph that has two variables on it...how would I go about doing that? +rep and such
        Like descendency asked, 2 independent variables (x, y, z) or just 2 variables (x, y)? Makes a huge difference. Pretty sure you can't do it with 3 total variables on the TI-83, but I'm sure a few people could walk you through it with 2.

Originally posted by njx9
        myth. all you need is a piece of paper. the only benefit to any degree are the connections you get.
        Definitely easier to get your foot in the door and get specific jobs with certain degrees, but yeah I generally agree with this.

Comment

• myth. all you need is a piece of paper. the only benefit to any degree are the connections you get.
          Works VERY differently over here. If you don't have the degree that are prerequisites then you aren't even getting a call. You aren't working in any job that is really worth it without a degree. The only exception being teaching at universities, which whilst technically is teaching, actually only requires the degree you are teaching in...

But yeah, you aren't working as a geologist, engineer, accountant, in finance, medical, teaching, veterinary or anything of the likes without the degree in that subject. You don't need a degree if you want to work in fast food, labouring or driving a truck but if you want any of the really good paying jobs then you need a degree.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
            myth. all you need is a piece of paper. the only benefit to any degree are the connections you get.
            Statement only holds true if you go to a college in which all degrees are considered worthless. Otherwise completely false.

Comment

demonstrably untrue. otherwise, i'd be doing the same thing brent and cj are doing. beyond the fact that i went, not a single interviewer has ever cared what i actually did in college for my major, given what i could demonstrate ability doing.
              And you also work in sales/tech support... Please find me some humanity majors that are working in desirable positions. Lets say analyst positions at investment banks, management consulting, and engineering firms. At my school most of these positions are only on the engineering or business job boards, which are restricted from everyone else.

Comment

demonstrably untrue. otherwise, i'd be doing the same thing brent and cj are doing. beyond the fact that i went, not a single interviewer has ever cared what i actually did in college for my major, given what i could demonstrate ability doing.
                If you are going to use my name in an argument, you have to capitalize it; that's only fare.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                  If you are going to use my name in an argument, you have to capitalize it; that's only fare.
                  WTF is this ****, English teacher? ;)

Comment

• Besides, I am allowed to make a few extra mistakes this year as I am not teaching English, but Robotics.

Comment

• Besides, I am allowed to make a few extra mistakes this year as I am not teaching English, but Robotics.
                      How quickly it goes!

I'd be interested what jobs you applied for njx in which they threw out any prerequisite degrees, it just seems unreal to me that it could be that different in the USA to Australia that the degree just doesn't matter?

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                        How quickly it goes!

I'd be interested what jobs you applied for njx in which they threw out any prerequisite degrees, it just seems unreal to me that it could be that different in the USA to Australia that the degree just doesn't matter?
                        The only difference in the job markets is that Australia enjoys 10 page resumes, and America throws yours away if it is over a page.

Comment

• The only difference in the job markets is that Australia enjoys 10 page resumes, and America throws yours away if it is over a page.
                          Would love it cleared up whether they just throw it out and don't even call or if they just assume it will be good and call... either way, can't see say an accounting firm hiring someone with a humanities degree or even an engineering degree for that matter.

Now whether the degree should matter is another issue, I know I basically had forgotten everything I learned when I started and I honestly think that my degree requiring job could be done by a well trained monkey if one was so inclined but I know I don't get it without the degree for sure.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Yo,

I have an essay to write, What are the Pros and Cons of Living in Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia. WTF kind of subject is that? I can think of plenty of cons, but pros? Damn.

You can see the stars better at night? ****

RIP ST

Comment

• No smog
                              You never have to shovel snow
                              You get to party with King Tut

Comment

• And according to the Bible, you got a big wang.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information