No announcement yet.

Dontrelle Willis or Carlos Zambrano?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I'd say Zambrano. While Willis is a great pitcher when he wants to be, he isn't consistent enough. He was top notch last season, but he hasn't shown the same dominance this season. The last few years, Zambrano has been consistently great and consistence is the key.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Ok, well I was using this for a draft, and I think I'm going to go with Zambrano. This was my gut and initial decision, but I didn't want to make the wrong choice, so I wanted to check. Thanks for your opinoins etc. it honestly helped!
      Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Carlos. Dontrelle is a great young picther and won 22 last season, but if you are 12-3 with the cubs you are dominant.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito
          Dontrelle. If he were on a powerhouse team he would be unbelievable.
          cuz zambrano is on a powerhouse team :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by DMoneyHoneySF
            Originally posted by ny10804

It's a shame he has to play for the Cubs.
            He just has better stuff and is a much better pitcher and is finally putting it all together. I always knew he was going to be the Ace of that rotation.

Plus he hass a CY Young which is something the D-Train doesn't have.
            um.... Unless you're talking about this year... Carlos doesn't have a Cy Young.

Funny that both these guys are Cubs products. I wish we would've never traded Willis, although who knows if he'd have been nearly as good.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

I'd take Carlos.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
              Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                The Marlins have thrived on pitching for many years. So when Dontrelle is on the mound, he has the game essentially on his shoulders.

Up until this year, the cubs have been pretty good on offense. So if Zambrano were to give up 5 runs, the game would not be over.

Comment

The Marlins have thrived on pitching for many years. So when Dontrelle is on the mound, he has the game essentially on his shoulders.

Up until this year, the cubs have been pretty good on offense. So if Zambrano were to give up 5 runs, the game would not be over.
                  that makes your statement completely pointless. Zambrano has done better than Willis this year even with a terrible offense

Comment

that makes your statement completely pointless. Zambrano has done better than Willis this year even with a terrible offense
                    you're wrong... what makes the statement pointless is that it is absolutely false.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

If I had to pick one for my team it would be Dontrelle. That is all I will say.

Comment

What are you talking about?

Comment

The d-train is pitching before the worst rated defense in the league.

He has already posted 22 wins, and won a Cy Young. He has already won a World Series. He pitches on a team with a payroll 1/8 that of the Cubs.

I will take Willis also because from a marketing sense he is one of the best faces in the majors. The guy has that aura and love of the game you can market. Black, Spanish, White, Green, Grey, everyone loves guys with personality like that.

He is just one of those kids it is impossible to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsfan79

He has already posted 22 wins, and won a Cy Young. He has already won a World Series. He pitches on a team with a payroll 1/8 that of the Cubs.

I will take Willis also because from a marketing sense he has one of the best faces in the majors. The guy has that aura and love of the game you can market. Black, Spanish, White, Green, Grey, everyone loves guys with personality like that.

are you gay?

anway Zambrano is more experienced, has a better career ERA and is an all around better pitcher than Dontrelle.

Comment

I will take Willis also because from a marketing sense he has one of the best faces in the majors. The guy has that aura and love of the game you can market. Black, Spanish, White, Green, Grey, everyone loves guys with personality like that.

are you cool?

anway Zambrano is more experienced, has a better career ERA and is an all around better pitcher than Dontrelle.
                              He means marketing wise..

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan

are you cool?

He means marketing wise..
                                i was just kidding

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information