No announcement yet.

Help My little Brother Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol there are tons of websites with rankings of various schools for particular undergraduate programs... of that list tho... it should be pretty obvious that Stanford is one of the top schools in the nation. If he can make it in there, and likes the campus/atmostphere/etc, that's the place to go. Vanderbilt, Duke, Wake Forest, and Northwestern are also great schools.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Anything but UL.

I picked Stanford. Great weather. Beautiful girls. Good academic atmosphere. Great reputation.

Comment

If all he cares about is academics then he should go to Stanford because its the most prestigious college on that list. Not that that really means anything in the long run but he will get a better job coming out of college.

Comment

Originally posted by Simms2Clayton
          Anything but UL.

I picked Stanford. Great weather. Beautiful girls. Good academic atmosphere. Great reputation.
          whats wrong with UL???

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan54
            Originally posted by America
            I'd say BC or Northwestern. I have relatives who went there/are going there. BC is a great school, great campus, and I love Boston so that's all good. NU is a great campus, real good school, and I also love Chicago, but its ridiculously cold there in the wintertime. Depends on the climate he likes, big school small school and whatever. Those are my two favorites. Plus they've got decent football teams. Or Stanford, good school and California is very nice.
            PSHH. You little girl. It is not super cold, I we have kids wearing shorts in 30 degree weather here. 20 is when we start to get a little more on.

I said Vandy, I hear its a good college. And then BC,NW and Stanford would also be good choices
            PSHH. You little girl.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Ho0k Em'
              To be #2 in your class at a nice school and have the credentials to get he almost has to have above a 4.0. Because I would think he would be in a bunch of honors/AP classes and they count for more if you get an A i'm pretty sure.
              His school might not the the weighted GPA thing. There are other ways to rank students.

As for where you brother should go, I'd put a lot of faith in the schools conselors, especially if the school is as good as you say. Vandy is a really nice school, as is Stanford, although if he is seriously considering the west coast he should read up on UC Berkeley, which is one of the top chemistry schools there is (also was the top ranked public school in the nation a few years back).

Truth be told, I'd but a lot of stock into which school he feels most comfortable with. He will likely get into a good school, and a degree from one is practically as good as another. Let him go to one he is excited about.

Comment

I know about 10 kids who are at Vanderbilt who graduated from my school and they are all really weird for some reason everyone of them. I know its a great school i just have a weird perception of Vandy because of that.

former #1 in post count on this site
                first to 500 posts

Comment

North Carolina!!

Comment

so i take it no one likes Wake or Purdue. Any reasons why?

Comment

Originally posted by roidrunner
                      so i take it no one likes Wake or Purdue. Any reasons why?
                      I know someone who recently transfered from Wake Forest, he didnt like the grading system, ive heard its weird and its either you love it or hate it.

former #1 in post count on this site
                      first to 500 posts

Comment

Northwestern.

Comment

dude, it just depends on what's important to him...academics, climate, atmosphere, looseness/hotness of women. kinda hard question to answer considering we don't know a damn thing about your bro except that he's smarter than us morons.

but, the universal criteria for college picking...just go to the place where you can pound the most crotch.

Comment

I don't no much about US schools...but I picked Stanford...as I always heard it is a really smart school...and It is also in Cali...so u can;t go wring with that
                            Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                            Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                            Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                            A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Stanford and Cal are real good schools.

Comment

Originally posted by smittyjs
                                Vanderbilt FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Exactly. Ivy league of the south.

Also I love the cold, but I refuse to go to Chicago because I don't want to freeze my arse off.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information