Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roidrunner
    Originally posted by Moses
    I'm sure your brother will appreciate the advice you gathered from an NFL Draft forum that is primarily populated by people 16 and under.
    that really doesnt matter, its more of that we just wanted to see what other people would do if they had to choose, what woudl they pick, and hearing why you guys like each of the schools.
    It's not about what we would do, it's about what your brother wants to do. Tell him to go visit the schools and research them as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by elway777
      I'm sure your brother will appreciate the advice you gathered from an NFL Draft forum that is primarily populated by people 16 and under.
      My thoughts exactly :?
      I doubt that this will be a major part in his decission. It's nice to get many opinions though.

Comment

I don't know about you guys but I always come here for advice on my life, especially girls. (sarcasm)

It is just for the sake of someone else's opinion, saying why would you ask that here is pretty lame.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
          I don't know about you guys but I always come here for advice on my life, especially girls. (sarcasm)

It is just for the sake of someone else's opinion, saying why would you ask that here is pretty lame.
          Asking for advice on what university to go to is just going to be a bunch of biased opinions.

Comment

Asking for advice on what university to go to is just going to be a bunch of biased opinions.
            Umm, well yeah. Coming to a forum expecting anything different (save a few forums I guess) is just foolish. Doesn't mean it was dumb to ask the question.

Comment

If you're looking purely for quality of education, I would choose Stanford from that list. But you should be looking at other options as well, like California Institute of Technology, UC Berkeley, etc.
              The only thing I smoke is mid. Counterstrike, my anti-drug.

Comment

Personally I would rely on guidance counselours and his general thoughts of the schools when meeting/contacting them but you can never go wrong with more opions. So I would have to go with the school that has the best program in what he wants to go into (don't know enough about the fancy colleges you listed to give a specific).

Comment

vanderbilt

Comment

Originally posted by hardhitz56
                    Originally posted by roidrunner
                    the kids got the brains for it a 34 on his ACT and a 4.0. At one of the top private schools in america. He's #2 in his class, behind his ex girl friend.
                    what a smart couple

Does he just have a 4.0? Because I have a 3.95 and am 65th in my class. :? What did he get on the SAT?

Vandy is a really hard school to get into. I got a 1300 on the SAT and the only way I am getting in is because my brother goes there now. He has like a 4.8 and got a 1370 on his SAT. :? If your brother can get into Vandy, he should go there.
                    GPA's are completely irrelevent, they're done completely differently at some schools than they are at others. For instance, my cousin is going into sophomore year of HS with a 4.5 and is second in his class, but his HS offers honors classes as a freshman and an A in an honors class is a 5 for him and an A in an AP is a 6 (for his GPA). At my HS they dont offer honors classes until sophomore year and only AP US is offered sophomore year, all other AP's are junior and senior year. An A in an honors is a 4.67 and an A in an AP is a 5.33, but kids do very well on AP tests and honors and AP classes are FAR more challenging than standard classes, whereas at his school an honors class means you have to do an extra project or get a few extra hard questions on a test. At my school you could sleep through a standard and get 100's on every test (I've done it many a time) but struggle a bit (B, B+) in an honors or an AP paying attention and studying a little bit. I'll be a senior and I have a 3.6 (I'm barely in the top quarter) but have legit SAT scores to go along with it, but if I went to his school my GPA would be well above a 4.5 and my SAT scores wouldn't be nearly as good. That's the whole purpose of SAT's and ACT's, as well as class rank, to seperate students based on how challenging schools are and how they do GPA's. If he's second in his class and got a 34 out of 36 on his ACT's, he could probably get in almost anywhere he wanted, especially if he has good extra-curriculars.

And he should look at the schools and depending on what size school he wants, how the programs he wants to go into are, class sizes, and intensity of students, and figure it out from there. If you want an opinion, Stanford is probably the best school on there from an education perspective and Duke is no slouch either, but UNC and Vandy are pretty awesome places to go from what I hear though, I'd probably go to one of those two.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information