Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steelersfan43
    Originally posted by duckseason
    If you go by the literal definition of the word "sport", then yes, cheerleading is a sport.
    Not in my book though. To me, cheerleaders are an unnecessary annoyance. Just a sideshow of the real sport.
    were talking about competition cheerleading not the nfl cheerleaders...
    Right. No difference. NFL cheerleaders compete as well. What makes you think I was referring to NFL cheerleaders anyway? Fact is, cheerleaders are an aside to a real sport. They cheer for a particular team. They don't score points, there is no goal in their "sport" other than to look skanky and not screw up. If cheerleading is a sport, then so is being a mascot. Beauty Pageants are more of a sport than cheerleading. Just because you get tossed in the air so everyone can see up your skirt, and you do a bunch of leg kicks for the same reason, doesn't change the fact that you're still just a sideshow. If cheerleading is a sport, then college marching bands are on the same level.

But, like I said, if you just go by the literal definition of the word, cheerleading (along with many other activities) is a sport.
    .....Just not in the same way that a game like football is. Not in the way most people think of "sports".

Comment

1. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

2. A particular form of this activity.

An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

it is a sport and there is no two ways about it so all you who voted no are wrong

Comment

You can gets college scholarships for cheerleading...but I'd say its a competition
        Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
        Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
        Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
        A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

when they are cheering on the football team - no
          when they are travling places competed for a placement - yes

Comment

Originally posted by Titans10
            No. If there are judges, its not a sport. You dont get judged on performance in the NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, Nascar, either you win or you lose. If there is judging involved to determine a winner than its not a sport, its a competition.
            so you dont think gymnastics, ice skating and a ton of olympic sports are sports?

Comment

Not at my school. Our cheerleaders and fat and ugly and terrible. Explain to me how a top 5 team in the state has 6 bad cheerleaders.

And TCU, as far as it being a spectating sport, at my school, that is girls volleyball, which may be the best sport ever.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

There are only 6 REAL sports-

Football
                Baseball
                Basketball
                Hockey
                Soccer
                Tennis

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan

Football
                  Baseball
                  Basketball
                  Hockey
                  Soccer
                  Tennis
                  And girls volleyball.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

Yes, I would say that it is a sport. But not at my school. There is a reason why the squad at my school is secretly known as the second team offensive line.... :?

Comment

i guess it is. But the cheerleaders at our high school do the same damn dance at every pep rally and game so I see no talent becuz as many times as I've seen it done I could do it too.

Comment

I am not talking about highschool cheerleading. I am talking about, competitive, where you have to try out, travel around for competitions. I know that my sisters will be going to I think like 4 different states this year for competitions.

1. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

2. A particular form of this activity.

An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

it is a sport and there is no two ways about it so all you who voted no are wrong
                        ^ ^ This is true

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Sport: sport consists of a physical activity carried out with a recreational purpose for competition, for self-enjoyment, to attain excellence, for the development of a skill, or, more often, some combination of these. A sport is typically charactized by physical activity, competition, self-motivation and a scoring system. Sports differ in their dependence upon a set of individual or team skills, as well as in the ways in which they have their participants compete.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Cheerleading in spandex is a sport for my eyes. :D

Comment

Originally posted by elway777
                              Cheerleading in spandex is a sport for my eyes. :D
                              yeah i certainly have to agree with that.

former #1 in post count on this site
                              first to 500 posts

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                                Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan

Football
                                Baseball
                                Basketball
                                Hockey
                                Soccer
                                Tennis