Barry Bonds Countdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Bonds Countdown

The BIG Question is, how many? How many of Bonds' home runs are honest? And how many came courtesy of his reported juicing?
    -Barry may have been on steroids (take it how you want it, they may not help hit HR's...but they are a banned substance

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/...e=hruby/060512

Please read this article

how many of his HR's would have been taken away if he wasnt on steriods?

• 1999: four home runs out of 34.
    • 2000: nine out of 49.
    • 2001: 18 out of 73.
    • 2002: 11 out of 46.
    • 2003: 10 out of 45.
    • 2004: 13 out of 45.
    • 2005: one out of five.
    • 2006: zero out of five.
    Last edited by Jimmy; 04-05-2007, 10:18 AM.

I don't want him to break it, but I am resigned to the fact that it will happen. Ultimately, it's irrelevant, because Alex Rodriguez is just going to turn around and break it in about five or six more years...

Comment

Go Barry! He is the man. He has just got a bum rap from the media.

Comment

How can you say they may not help hit home runs? They help make you stronger, which helps you hit the ball farther and if you hit it far enough, you get a home run.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
          How can you say they may not help hit home runs? They help make you stronger, which helps you hit the ball farther and if you hit it far enough, you get a home run.
          I agree. I don't really see how you can argue the fact that steroids help hit homers.

Comment

You still have to be able to actually hit a ball to hit a homerun.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

He already had that ability, the steroids enhanced it. It made him stronger, faster and allowed him to heal from injuries quicker. If someone already has the ability to hit a baseball, steroids make them better. The whole "you have to actually be able to hit a baseball" routine simply doesn't work. Not directing that towards you because you said it, but more-so the entire premise in general, because you weren't the first to say it and you won't be the last...

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                You still have to be able to actually hit a ball to hit a homerun.
                He obviously was a very good player pre-steroids, but he never could have reached a level of power anywhere near this without them. I heard somewhere that over the roid years he grew more than a teenager does during puberty. You (not you DG) can't deny that he has done something.

Designs by D-Unit

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                  He obviously was a very good player pre-steroids, but he never could have reached a level of power anywhere near this without them. I heard somewhere that over the roid years he grew more than a teenager does during puberty. You (not you DG) can't deny that he has done something.

Night and day. Plus look at how much his head grew. Typical sign of steroid use.

Comment

I'm not as pissed off about this as some people are. No one was complains about Bret Boone being juiced. It was a bad baseball generation. Would he have hit all those homers if he wasn't on juice? Probably not. All things considering, was he the best player of his generation? Probably not if Ken Griffey Jr. was clean. Still, he was the best player among the dirty players. And considering the names in that group, that's saying something. And who was on what. And we may never know either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                      I'm not as pissed off about this as some people are. No one was complains about Bret Boone being juiced. It was a bad baseball generation. Would he have hit all those homers if he wasn't on juice? Probably not. All things considering, was he the best player of his generation? Probably not if Ken Griffey Jr. was clean. Still, he was the best player among the dirty players. And considering the names in that group, that's saying something. And who was on what. And we may never know either.
                      Because Brett Boone isn't challenging the most well-known and sacred record in baseball.

Designs by D-Unit

Comment

Well, here's the flip side: how about Jason Giambi, an everything but admitted steroid user. In 2003 he hits two HR's, the second of which barely makes it over the fence, and gives the Yankees their first two runs off the Red Sox in game 7 of the ALCS. If he doesn't hit one or either of those HR's, and without taking the steroids, there's no guarantee he's even there, the Red Sox might have been celebrating back to back World Series titles in 2004. Something to think about...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                          Well, here's the flip side: how about Jason Giambi, an everything but admitted steroid user. In 2003 he hits two HR's, the second of which barely makes it over the fence, and gives the Yankees their first two runs off the Red Sox. If he doesn't hit one or either of those HR's, and without taking the steroids, there's no guarantee he's even there, the Red Sox might have been celebrating back to back World Series titles in 2004. Something to think about...
                          I'm sure the Red Sox have their fair share of juicers as well...

Comment

That's not the point. People treat that differently. It's the same damned thing. For every big name who's juiced, theres 10 Bret Boone's we never hear about. It's horrible, but that's the way it is for this generation of players.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                              He already had that ability, the steroids enhanced it. It made him stronger, faster and allowed him to heal from injuries quicker. If someone already has the ability to hit a baseball, steroids make them better. The whole "you have to actually be able to hit a baseball" routine simply doesn't work. Not directing that towards you because you said it, but more-so the entire premise in general, because you weren't the first to say it and you won't be the last...
                              You're absolutely correct. Barry hits way more pops up than he used to.

However, to defend the man, he has better stats than Griffey in the 90's.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information