• Show
Clear All

• I'm still paying attention.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• im folllowing.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• sorry guys ive been kind of swamped with reading for school that i actually have to do. i will definitely pick this up tonight though, cause its the fricken weekend!(no friday classes)
        Packers 2008 record prediction: 9-7 w/o Favre, 11-5 with Favre

Comment

• Some possible free agent signings. I dont really want to go overboard but a few would be nice either for young depth or for veteran leadership for a season or two.

players are listed by name,overall rating, age(ask me for more specific ratings)

QB: none
          RB: none
          FB:
          Fred Beasley,97,31
          WR:
          Peter Warrick,81,29
          Jabar Gaffney,79,25
          Tyrone Calico,77,25
          TE: none
          LT:
          Courtney Van Buren76,26
          LG:
          Fred Matua,73,22
          Stever Sciullo,79,25

i will post the rest after my next class.

Comment

• RG: none
            RT: none
            LE: none
            RE:
            Ray Edwards,75,21
            DT:
            Dan Wilkinson,86,33
            LOLB:
            Jamie Sharper,91,31
            MLB:
            Chris Claiborne,83,28
            ROLB:
            Saleem Rasheed,76,25
            Chris Clemons,75,24
            CB:
            William Peterson, 85,27
            FS:
            Marcus Demps,75,23
            SS: none

Comment

• looking back on this list i dont think it would be a bad idea to pick up veterans like:

FB Fred Beasley(we have no starting caliber FB)
              DT Dan Wilkinson(our current DTs like to get pushed around)
              LOLB Jamie Sharper(hes a stud in a position that we are below average)

with that said i think we could add a few other guys as young depth to develop, or a few to step into a starting role. here they are:

LG Fred Matua,73,22(depth)
              MLB Chris Claiborne,83,28(especially if we are trading Smith)
              CB Williams Peterson,85,27(starter)

Comment

• well let me know what you guys think.

Comment

• Tyrone Calico as a slot Wideout could be nice, also if you are planning on still running 3-4 defense Dan Wilkinson would be a good pick up, and another decent and cheap vetran MLB if you do the trade. Also adding Fred Matua would be nice, but IMO you should sign a vetran FS, instead of a CB.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                  XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                  Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                  http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• i would sign a veteran FS but the best one is only 82 overall. our secondary is slow so they keep getting beat when i play with the 49ers in play now games so i dont think it will be much of a different story in a franchise. peterson is a strong cb that could add some aggressiveness. he is a better upgrade over our current starter at corner than a veteran FS would be, he is also younger.

should i stay with the 3-4 or should i go to a 4-3 or 4-6. i get a great pass rush with the 4-6 but get beat deep on occasion. with the 4-3 our defense is probably most consistent and in the 3-4 occasionally i get slashed with a 10 yard run up the middle, but am unable to consistently get a pass rush with our current personel. dan wilkinson should help that.

Who we want to sign:

DT Dan Wilkinson
                    LG Fred Matua

i think another solid addition for our young and below average starting back would be fred beasley. let me know what you guys think. chris claiborne would be a good upgrade over tj slaughter if we do decide to trade ulbrich or smith.

heres the questions i have for you guys:

do we trade erich johnson, ulbrich and a 3rd rounder for detroits 1st, 5th, and 6th rounders?

do we sign fred beasley?

do we sign williams peterson?

do we sign jamie sharper?

do we sign tyrone calico?

Comment

• Originally posted by Favre4
                      i would sign a veteran FS but the best one is only 82 overall. our secondary is slow so they keep getting beat when i play with the 49ers in play now games so i dont think it will be much of a different story in a franchise. peterson is a strong cb that could add some aggressiveness. he is a better upgrade over our current starter at corner than a veteran FS would be, he is also younger.

should i stay with the 3-4 or should i go to a 4-3 or 4-6. i get a great pass rush with the 4-6 but get beat deep on occasion. with the 4-3 our defense is probably most consistent and in the 3-4 occasionally i get slashed with a 10 yard run up the middle, but am unable to consistently get a pass rush with our current personel. dan wilkinson should help that.

Who we want to sign:

DT Dan Wilkinson
                      LG Fred Matua

i think another solid addition for our young and below average starting back would be fred beasley. let me know what you guys think. chris claiborne would be a good upgrade over tj slaughter if we do decide to trade ulbrich or smith.

heres the questions i have for you guys:

do we trade erich johnson, ulbrich and a 3rd rounder for detroits 1st, 5th, and 6th rounders?

do we sign fred beasley?

do we sign williams peterson?

do we sign jamie sharper?

do we sign tyrone calico?
                      I think you should do that trade and run a 4-3 defense, and just sign Dan Wilkinson. Calico would be a good slot wideout, i don't know about beasley, i don't think you need peterson, you can live with your starting CB till the offseason and the draft.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                      XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                      Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                      http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• depending on the cap room, sign Wilkinson, and Sharper to one year deals, cause they are old...
                        Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                        Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                        Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                        A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

• alright i guess we will go without peterson. i think we will be throwing about 50 times a game if we dont sign beasley. we do have brandon williams from wisconsin who is a rookie and already better than calico. hes fast too. i will probably wait til tonight to do these transactions cause i have to work in a little while.

Comment

• i would sign sharper wilkinson and beasley

Comment

• Sounds good to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information