Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • im in for an mma draft.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

    Comment


    • I'll do the MMA draft, and I won't miss it like last time.

      Comment


      • UFC 63 is on tonight, im still not sure on whether im gonna buy it. I looked at the card and I saw that Danny Abbadi from TUF 3 was on it. I hope he gets pummeled.

        Here are some of my predictions for a few of the fights.

        Matt Hughes vs. BJ Penn

        Mike Swick Vs. David Loiseau

        Jason Lambert Vs. Rashad Evans

        Gabe Ruediger Vs. Melvin Guillard

        Danny Abbadi Vs. Jorge Gurgel


        Here is the full fight card.

        http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=Even...htCard&eid=206

        Comment


        • Charm, yeah you can have this for an avatar, I got it from the gif thread at Sherdog, link is http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3...14525718js.gif

          and SARF it's gone from my sig, didn't realise until now how big it was making my sig.

          XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rob Schubert
            im in for an mma draft.
            Cool, should hopefully go better than the boxing one has :evil:

            XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

            Comment


            • Originally posted by UKfan
              Charm, yeah you can have this for an avatar, I got it from the gif thread at Sherdog, link is http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3...14525718js.gif

              and SARF it's gone from my sig, didn't realise until now how big it was making my sig.
              If you look real close...I think you can see a footprint on his ribs...
              "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

              Comment


              • So should we get an MMA draft set up? I can do it but I'm not on when you guys are all the time due to the time difference so it might be better if someone else runs it.

                XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

                Comment


                • Winners from UFC 63

                  Tyson Griffin
                  Jorge Gurgel
                  Joe Lauzon
                  Rashad Evans
                  Melvin Guillard
                  Mike Swick
                  Matt Hughes

                  Comment


                  • Pretty exciting card as well, good to see Rashad finish a fight and a couple of good other finishes.

                    I do wish that I could change 2 things on the card though:

                    I wish BJ Penn would concentrate on his cardio, since the guy has mad skills and flexibility. (One legged sprawls with your other leg tucked under your body anyone?)

                    I wish David Loiseau had been more aggressive, that final round when he pressured Swick and closed the distance he looked a totally different fighter. I know Swick may have been gassed but IMO Loiseau threw away the first 2 rounds simply because he was too passive.

                    XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by UKfan
                      Pretty exciting card as well, good to see Rashad finish a fight and a couple of good other finishes.

                      I do wish that I could change 2 things on the card though:

                      I wish BJ Penn would concentrate on his cardio, since the guy has mad skills and flexibility. (One legged sprawls with your other leg tucked under your body anyone?)

                      I wish David Loiseau had been more aggressive, that final round when he pressured Swick and closed the distance he looked a totally different fighter. I know Swick may have been gassed but IMO Loiseau threw away the first 2 rounds simply because he was too passive.
                      The PPV pissed me off as a whole. BJ dominated Hughes until he gassed...The crow sat around for 2 rounds and htan dominated the 3rd but it was too late. The Lambert-Evans fight was my favorite. Just finally getting to see Evans finish off someone was nice and Lambert was probably his toughest opponent yet. Some were talking about Lambert possibly being next in line after Tito to get a title shot. Seein pulver lose was kind of sucky becayse i was excited he was back. I dont know i just wasnt too thrilled with this PPV. Guillard will be the LW champion sooner or later.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                        Originally posted by UKfan
                        Pretty exciting card as well, good to see Rashad finish a fight and a couple of good other finishes.

                        I do wish that I could change 2 things on the card though:

                        I wish BJ Penn would concentrate on his cardio, since the guy has mad skills and flexibility. (One legged sprawls with your other leg tucked under your body anyone?)

                        I wish David Loiseau had been more aggressive, that final round when he pressured Swick and closed the distance he looked a totally different fighter. I know Swick may have been gassed but IMO Loiseau threw away the first 2 rounds simply because he was too passive.
                        The PPV pissed me off as a whole. BJ dominated Hughes until he gassed...The crow sat around for 2 rounds and htan dominated the 3rd but it was too late. The Lambert-Evans fight was my favorite. Just finally getting to see Evans finish off someone was nice and Lambert was probably his toughest opponent yet. Some were talking about Lambert possibly being next in line after Tito to get a title shot. Seein pulver lose was kind of sucky becayse i was excited he was back. I dont know i just wasnt too thrilled with this PPV. Guillard will be the LW champion sooner or later.
                        I guess I just like to see MMA in general, as long as its not a fight similar to that first Gonzaga one I normally enjoy it.

                        XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by UKfan
                          So should we get an MMA draft set up? I can do it but I'm not on when you guys are all the time due to the time difference so it might be better if someone else runs it.
                          Just thinking about it, I wouldn't have the time to run a draft, back to uni next week. But I'd love to participate in one if anyone else wants to set one up...

                          XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by UKfan
                            Originally posted by UKfan
                            So should we get an MMA draft set up? I can do it but I'm not on when you guys are all the time due to the time difference so it might be better if someone else runs it.
                            Just thinking about it, I wouldn't have the time to run a draft, back to uni next week. But I'd love to participate in one if anyone else wants to set one up...
                            based on the boxing fiasco, I dont think i should be running another draft.
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                            Comment


                            • Weren't your fault Rob, just a lack of participation.

                              XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by UKfan
                                Weren't your fault Rob, just a lack of participation.
                                yeah i know
                                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information