Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by UKfan View Post
    Alongside probably Big Nog.

    Kind of a stupid question but since I haven't seen too many Anderson fights, how's his cardio? With Hendo's solid chin and clinch game, the fight could go into the later rounds and I know Hendo has mad cardio, so I just wondered how Anderson compared.
    hmmm...he never really goes the distance as of late, but he has the build of a guy who seems like he wouldnt get tired. I know he doesnt run at all really, but that can actually help with his cardio because as pedro rizzo says, runners run, fighters fight. The one time I remember for sure that he went more than ten minutes was his loss to Ryo chonan, but i dont remember him gassing. Other then that his last 9 fight have been over in the first 2 frames.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      hmmm...he never really goes the distance as of late, but he has the build of a guy who seems like he wouldnt get tired. I know he doesnt run at all really, but that can actually help with his cardio because as pedro rizzo says, runners run, fighters fight. The one time I remember for sure that he went more than ten minutes was his loss to Ryo chonan, but i dont remember him gassing. Other then that his last 9 fight have been over in the first 2 frames.
      Yeah, he doesn't look like the type to gas, but it could play a role in the fight maybe if it goes long I think, being in there with Hendo I doubt Anderson finishes quickly. Thanks anyways.

      XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

      Comment


      • Though it has still yet to be confirmed as Montreal the UFC 84 event is shaping up to be a great one. Along with GSP vs. Serra there is Thiago Alves vs Karo Parisyan and also there are rumors that both Shogun Rua and Sean Sherk will make their return to UFC on that card. If Sherk were to fight than I would hope it woul be against Penn and that would make it 2 title fights on the night. There are also a few Canadian MMA stars scheduled to fight which is a smart move by UFC.

        The rumored card is this right now.
        Date: April 19
        Location: Montreal, Canada
        Venue: Bell Centre
        Broadcast: TBA

        Champ Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre (title-unification bout)
        Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
        Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. TBA
        Sean Sherk vs. TBA
        Jason MacDonald vs. TBA
        Jonathan Goulet vs. TBA

        Damn, that's a fine lookin card already.

        And I want to say this. UFC has never seen fans like the ones in Montreal. If they have this event they will end up returning at least once every year. The fans in Montreal are actually crazy and they love their wrestling/mma. I've been to a WWE PPV at the Bell Centre and that was wild, I can only imagine what's going to happen with a top-notch MMA event.

        I would also like to say. I WILL be in attendance at this event. I'm doing everything in my power to get tickets and I even have some connections that these tickets might be pretty good. Going to a UFC event live is definately something i've always wanted to do and I will make my dream come true.

        stephenson86

        Comment


        • your lucky JF4 that does look like a sick card.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JF4 View Post
            Though it has still yet to be confirmed as Montreal the UFC 84 event is shaping up to be a great one. Along with GSP vs. Serra there is Thiago Alves vs Karo Parisyan and also there are rumors that both Shogun Rua and Sean Sherk will make their return to UFC on that card. If Sherk were to fight than I would hope it woul be against Penn and that would make it 2 title fights on the night. There are also a few Canadian MMA stars scheduled to fight which is a smart move by UFC.

            The rumored card is this right now.
            Date: April 19
            Location: Montreal, Canada
            Venue: Bell Centre
            Broadcast: TBA

            Champ Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre (title-unification bout)
            Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
            Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. TBA
            Sean Sherk vs. TBA
            Jason MacDonald vs. TBA
            Jonathan Goulet vs. TBA

            Damn, that's a fine lookin card already.

            And I want to say this. UFC has never seen fans like the ones in Montreal. If they have this event they will end up returning at least once every year. The fans in Montreal are actually crazy and they love their wrestling/mma. I've been to a WWE PPV at the Bell Centre and that was wild, I can only imagine what's going to happen with a top-notch MMA event.

            I would also like to say. I WILL be in attendance at this event. I'm doing everything in my power to get tickets and I even have some connections that these tickets might be pretty good. Going to a UFC event live is definately something i've always wanted to do and I will make my dream come true.
            Its great to see the UFC fnally bring the UFC to canada I have been waitng for this for a while now lets just hope it wont be canceled like the others. Im definitely driving up to Montreal to see this one

            Comment


            • makes me wish they would have one in Baltimore I would be the 1st one in line.

              Comment


              • If they ever brought it to Phoenix it would sell out instantly, you have to wait at hooter's for an hour just to get a table & that is an hour before the thing even starts

                I kind of wish we were still a small city

                Comment


                • try a hooters outsideof phoenix it probably won't be as crowded.

                  Comment


                  • Man UFC is coming in Montreal. I'm gonna be there for sure.

                    #MoncriefArmy

                    Comment


                    • http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/01/...chuck-liddell/


                      either Wand or Jardine will be Liddell next match. I say someone that Liddell hasn't fought yet.

                      Comment


                      • I think that the winner of Ortiz VS Machida will fight Lidell and it is said that Machida wants to fight Lidell nexthttp://www.mmafightline.com/news/200...c_312715.shtml. but im hearing alot of things like Lidell wanting to fight Jardine again a fight against Shogun and another rematch against Wand. http://www.ufcdaily.com/2008/01/03/c...va-whats-next/

                        Comment


                        • ehhh I dont wanna see Liddell VS. Ortiz 3 if Tito wins.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                            ehhh I dont wanna see Liddell VS. Ortiz 3 if Tito wins.
                            yeah, that would be a horrible fight.

                            it'd be like shamrock ortiz 3.

                            Comment


                            • Ortiz Vs Lidell 3 I wouldnt want to see either but who said Ortiz would beat Machida I can see Machida getting the victory over Ortiz by submission in that one.

                              Comment


                              • I'd be willing to bet my left nut that if Machida beats Ortiz he gets a title shot. Thats the reason they put him against their cash cow Ortiz, to build up his name.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information