No announcement yet.

MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very true I see this fight as nothing more then a preview for fans to see what Machida can do in the octagon once he gets his title shot.

Comment

• I hope my boy Ortiz beats his ass, Machida is one of the most boring fighters out there IMO. Sylvia holds that honor btw.

Comment

• Yeah but even if Machida is a boring fighter Tito is a cocky ass hole that dont deserve a title shot since all he does is run his mouth and when he runs his mouth and cant back it up he runs off from the company to be on the Apprentice. Tito needs a reality check he cant be running his mouth about beating up a 40 year old man 3 times forever and plus I guarntee you Machida will trap him in a submission and then whats he goona run his mouth about after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by TapouT View Post
          Yeah but even if Machida is a boring fighter Tito is a cocky ass hole that dont deserve a title shot since all he does is run his mouth and when he runs his mouth and cant back it up he runs off from the company to be on the Apprentice. Tito needs a reality check he cant be running his mouth about beating up a 40 year old man 3 times forever and plus I guarntee you Machida will trap him in a submission and then whats he goona run his mouth about after that.
          Titos one of the best personalities in the UFC and brings in mad money. You can hate him all you want but in the end he brings in what they want.. $$$$$$

Comment

• Tito Ortiz is a huge PPV draw for whatever reason people love him. The UFC often puts him against young fighters that they want to be super stars (Rashad Evans, Forrest Griffin) Thus the reason I think they put Machida against him, they want to introduce the biggest audience possible to Machida, and other than Liddell no one pulls the crowd and PPV numbers Tito does.

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
              Titos one of the best personalities in the UFC and brings in mad money. You can hate him all you want but in the end he brings in what they want.. $$$$$$
              Yeah ill agree with you Tito brings in the $$$$$ but the best personality in the UFC you have to be kidding the guy is the opposite of a great personality guys like GSP in my mind is the personality that the sport is lacking but me personally im not a guy that likes such serious fighters I like trash talking to but to a certain point like Rampage jokes and trash talks but wont push it over the edge guys like Tito he also is ungrateful and will abandoned the company when things arent goin his way unlike guys who are loyal like Lidell who rarely complain about there title shots or PPV spot. In my mind the reason I pay money to see Ortiz on PPV is just so I might see him get his ass kicked you can like Tito all you like but ive never liked Ortiz plus this is his first fight back after coming off a loss and tie he dont deserve a shot yet.

Comment

• yea I like Tito fighting style but I hate his trash talk. I wanted to see Dan Henderson kick his ass but they didn't get the fight set up.

Comment

• Originally posted by TapouT View Post
                  Yeah but even if Machida is a boring fighter Tito is a cocky ass hole that dont deserve a title shot since all he does is run his mouth and when he runs his mouth and cant back it up he runs off from the company to be on the Apprentice. Tito needs a reality check he cant be running his mouth about beating up a 40 year old man 3 times forever and plus I guarntee you Machida will trap him in a submission and then whats he goona run his mouth about after that.
                  He has a very bad back. The reason he was able to go on the apprentice was because he needed time to rest up his back.
                  Peyton Manning Fanboy
                  Originally posted by Complex
                  They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• how does everyone like my new Dan Henderson sig? I hope he takes Anderson, I think he will if he greco clinchs him and gets takedowns.

Comment

• Hollywood Henderson is still a better nickname, I've never been a fan of giving yourself a nickname, but nice sig

Comment

• the thing about Hollywood Henderson is there is nothing hollywood about him. I could see if he had a Phil Baroni/Tito Ortiz like attitude and style but he seems more blue collar so I dont see how Hollywood would fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                          the thing about Hollywood Henderson is there is nothing hollywood about him. I could see if he had a Phil Baroni/Tito Ortiz like attitude and style but he seems more blue collar so I dont see how Hollywood would fit.
                          I believe they call him Hollywood because of where he lives, not because of the attitude he carries. For the record my favorite nickname for him is 'Hendo'

Comment

• Anyone know what the name of the position Ryan Schultz is in CCB's sig?

it has to be one of the most dominate i could think of, i can't think of a way to get out of it, or even a way how to get someone into it

he has his legs split and his left arm trapped behind his back

Comment

• I know in wrestling when you have his arm like that it is called a hammerlock, I guess a half-guard hammerlock.

Comment

• don't you have to be behind someone for a hammerlock

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information