MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    Anyone know what the name of the position Ryan Schultz is in CCB's sig?

it has to be one of the most dominate i could think of, i can't think of a way to get out of it, or even a way how to get someone into it

he has his legs split and his left arm trapped behind his back
    I think it's just a more dominant version of the halfguard to be honest.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

don't you have to be behind someone for a hammerlock
      yea but if you are behind someone you can turn them and keep their arm like that. I think UKfan is right it is just a dminating half/guard. I doubt it has a name

Comment

• Originally posted by JF4 View Post
        Though it has still yet to be confirmed as Montreal the UFC 84 event is shaping up to be a great one. Along with GSP vs. Serra there is Thiago Alves vs Karo Parisyan and also there are rumors that both Shogun Rua and Sean Sherk will make their return to UFC on that card. If Sherk were to fight than I would hope it woul be against Penn and that would make it 2 title fights on the night. There are also a few Canadian MMA stars scheduled to fight which is a smart move by UFC.

The rumored card is this right now.
        Date: April 19
        Venue: Bell Centre
        Broadcast: TBA

Champ Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre (title-unification bout)
        Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
        Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. TBA
        Sean Sherk vs. TBA
        Jason MacDonald vs. TBA
        Jonathan Goulet vs. TBA

Damn, that's a fine lookin card already.

And I want to say this. UFC has never seen fans like the ones in Montreal. If they have this event they will end up returning at least once every year. The fans in Montreal are actually crazy and they love their wrestling/mma. I've been to a WWE PPV at the Bell Centre and that was wild, I can only imagine what's going to happen with a top-notch MMA event.

I would also like to say. I WILL be in attendance at this event. I'm doing everything in my power to get tickets and I even have some connections that these tickets might be pretty good. Going to a UFC event live is definately something i've always wanted to do and I will make my dream come true.
        And it only get's better. According to rumors from thefightnetwork.com Rich Franklin might fight Travis Lutter on the April Card in Montreal. And Patrick Cote may fight too.

Also, I don't know if you guys saw this but...

Former PRIDE heavyweight champion and current M-1 Global fighter Fedor Emelianenko will meet with estranged UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture on Thursday — likely to discuss the bout that the two fighters have long desired.
        http://mmajunkie.com/2008/01/14/fedo...t-on-thursday/
        Last edited by JF4; 01-14-2008, 09:47 AM.

stephenson86

Comment

• good we need them 2 fight

Comment

• Anyone watching the PPV? Kendall Grove got KTFO again! Poor spyda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
              Anyone watching the PPV? Kendall Grove got KTFO again! Poor spyda.
              can you keep the rest of the results to yourself, i wasn't waking up at 12 to watch that shiz so i'm going to hooters later

anyone know what time it's reairing?

or maybe a link to it online
              Last edited by fenikz; 01-19-2008, 02:36 PM.

Comment

can you keep the rest of the results to yourself, i wasn't waking up at 12 to watch that shiz so i'm going to hooters later

anyone know what time it's reairing?
                Its on right now, started at 3 pm not 12. Just avoid the thread.

Comment

• 3 your time is 12 mine

Comment

• Very good card, I won't reveal any results, but whatever you do, watch the first 30 seconds of the Taylor v Kelly fight, wow!
                    Last edited by UKfan; 01-19-2008, 07:30 PM.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• This UFC was surprisingly very entertaining. Bravo for my favorite fighter dominating.
                      Peyton Manning Fanboy
                      Originally posted by Complex
                      They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• that event was so sick. dude got dominated.

Comment

• BJ Penn is a beast, Lambert go KOed hard. I liked the card. But I am looking forward to the HWT title match next card.

Comment

• I hate B.J. Penn but I admit he is really good, Sherk could take him though IMO

Comment

I hate B.J. Penn but I admit he is really good, Sherk could take him though IMO
                              nah i disagree. the thing about BJ Penn is he rushes you from the beginning. For everyone else if you rush, it's easy for you to lose your balance, but that's Penn's strength to be able to rush you yet at the same time keep himself upright.

I honestly don't know what sherk would do. Bring BJ Penn to the ground? that's where BJ is strongest.

Comment

• yea I got BJ Penn against Sherk.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information