No announcement yet.

MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow, rapid fire was terrible. Maybe bc Im comparing it to ufc 79 but to me it just felt empty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
      wow, rapid fire was terrible. Maybe bc Im comparing it to ufc 79 but to me it just felt empty.
      What makes you say it was terrible, lack of big names, looking at the fights if you didn't know who the guys were, I thought they were interesting.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
        What makes you say it was terrible, lack of big names, looking at the fights if you didn't know who the guys were, I thought they were interesting.
        The lack of big names didnt bother me much, it was the lack of excitement surrounding it. To me it just felt like the UFC was trying to get past this ppv, maybe it was just me.

Comment

• yea well they are planning bigger ppv for UFC 81-82 and 84, I agree w/ UKfan, granted there weren't any big names except Penn, but I enjoyed every fight.

Comment

• I dont like when the UFC is in the UK because they dont hype the PPV enough to even be worth it being on PPV one of the main reasons i didnt buy it at 3 but i did catch the reair and the PPV was pretty good but expect the UFC to produce bigger events in the future.

Comment

• all the fights are on this site on the right side

http://www.mmatko.com

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                all the fights are on this site on the right side

http://www.mmatko.com
                I get errors. Am I the only one?

stephenson86

Comment

• UFC probably got them off by now.

Comment

• idk they are still working for me

Comment

• you know what impressed me is when they were getting ready for the fight, BJ Penn had a six pack of abs.

1) six packs are ard to get in a short amount of time

2) this shows that he really trained for this fight because, people always questioned his work ethic, and thought he relied too much on his own talent.

now he just shows how crazy he can be/is if he combines his talent+work ethic. He'll be tought to beat in this weight class.

Comment

• yea I would love to see a fit BJ Penn VS. GSP. That is a dream match up.

Comment

• Hasn't been a post in here in a while.

UFC 81 tommorow! Can't wait to see how Brock Lesnar looks in the Octagon.

Hopefully Big Nog and Sylvia's fight will be watchable, Sylvia has been in some baaaad fights.

It's nice to see Jeremy Horn fighting again, he has a chin of steel and I think he's going to beat Marquardt.

stephenson86

Comment

• I really hope Big Nog beats Slylvia, I don't think I could stand another reign of him as the HW champ

I don't think Lesnar is going to do anything in MMA

Griffin vs Tibau should be pretty insane

Comment

• I think if it goes to decision Lesnar wins, if it is ended early then Mir wins.

Comment

• Lesnar purely on athletic ability has great potential, but I really hope he's trained his ass off and isn't taking this as a joke, or he will get KTFO. His jits needs to be up to par or Mir will take advantage, even if Lesnar dumps Mir on his back with his wrestling. Anyway, I'm going Mir, simply because Brock is unknown in terms of MMA, and inexperienced.

Anyway I strongly think Nog vs Sylvia will go Nog's way, I'm struggling to see a way for Timmy to win, granted I'm a Nog fan, but Nog can strike with Tim I think and his ground game is better. I'm not disrespecting Timmy, but I think Nog has great head movement and hands.

I think Marquardt and Horn could be great, and this one I am struggling to call, but I think I am going to go Marquardt by UD. No real logic, but I think he can hang with Horn on the ground and edge it on the feet.

I love watching Tyson Griffin, so him and Tibau I'm expecting to be a contender for fight of the night. I think Tyson takes it.

I've got to say I don't know anything about Yundt at all, he's undefeated but he has an underwhelming resume, I'll go for Almeida.

The undercard on paper looks underwhelming, but Martin, Emerson, Lytle and Heath are my picks, Martin by KO.

Let me know what you think. We should try and get some sort of prediction contest going if enough people are interested.
                                Last edited by UKfan; 01-31-2008, 06:43 PM.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information