X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will post my picks later.

Word is Chuck VS. Shogun in June.

Comment

• Im goin Lesner all the way, I think he's gonna be the HW champ very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        I will post my picks later.

Word is Chuck VS. Shogun in June.
        Chuck vs Shogun look sick!

I've got Sylvia and Lesnar winning 2morrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by cordscords View Post
          Chuck vs Shogun look sick!

I've got Sylvia and Lesnar winning 2morrow.
          I got Silvia winning and Lesnar winning as well. Lesnar has a steller wrestling background but its still to be seen if he is any good at martial arts. Not to mention Vera kicked Mir's ass not too long ago in like 45 seconds. Lesnar is far and away bigger than Vera is.

For Silvia to win he has to stay up. Nogeuira is too powerful with submissions. I took Silvia because he has a huge reach advantage.

Comment

• Can't wait for the Lesnar fight, he has looked pretty good in pride

Comment

• Originally posted by energizerbunny View Post
              Can't wait for the Lesnar fight, he has looked pretty good in pride
              Huh? Lesnar hasn't fought in PRIDE as far as I know, he fought Min Soo Kim in K1 for his MMA debut, and that's it until now a big reason I picked Mir in spite of Lesnar's obvious physical and wrestling advantages.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• i bet it's pretty hard to sub lesnar too because he can just power through them.

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
                  i bet it's pretty hard to sub lesnar too because he can just power through them.
                  Depends, he still needs to know the correct escapes. At the end of the day if he gets caught in a serious armbar and tries to power out, Mir will snap it, he's done so before.

Like I say previously, as freaky an athlete as he is, he still needs to be knowledgable enough or it won't matter, and until I see it, I'll take Mir.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• "A few other notes. Lesnar's hands are the largest for any combat sports athlete in the history of the state of Nevada. He needed 4XL gloves, and even they were slightly on the small side. The only fighter ever to wear 4XL gloves was South Korean giant Choi Hong-man, who is 7-3 and 367 pounds. While we didn't get the exact number, people were also stunned by Lesnar's reach, as it was longer than Tim Sylvia's. However, that probably won't play much of a part because boxing at range probably isn't in his strategy."

from Dave Meltzer

Lesnar has everything needed to be a champ one day.

Comment

• Did anyone but me find the point deduction and stoppage in the Lesnar - Mir fight a bit odd?

No warning and a quick point deduction. If the fighter had even been hurt from a shot to the back of the head, his equilibrium would be totally off and no way he could continue that quickly.

Then the stoppage when the fighter tapped 8 times before Mazzagatti even decided to jump in, when the fighter was tapping about 2 feet directly in front of him.

Mazzagatti was acting like he was clueless out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwillie26 View Post
                        Did anyone but me find the point deduction and stoppage in the Lesnar - Mir fight a bit odd?

No warning and a quick point deduction. If the fighter had even been hurt from a shot to the back of the head, his equilibrium would be totally off and no way he could continue that quickly.

Then the stoppage when the fighter tapped 8 times before Mazzagatti even decided to jump in, when the fighter was tapping about 2 feet directly in front of him.

Mazzagatti was acting like he was clueless out there.
                        Completely agree. Did not like the reffing in that fight.

*SPOILERS BELOW*

Lesnar looked like he was going to finish Frank early....then the inexperience showed up. He swept Mir's legs and took him down 5 seconds into the fight. He started pounding away landing some hard clean shots, but got a point deducted for a hit to the back of the head (which I thought was a BS call). They stand them both back up, and Lesnar drops Mir with a nasty right hook. He goes back to the ground and pound landing more good shots. Lesnar got a little over confident and put some space between him and Mir so he could try to finish him. His leg was free and Mir grabbed onto it, turned Lesnar over, and get him to tap out with the legbar.

Definitley a lot of potential in Brock, and I think he will become a star with more fights under his belt.
                        ----------

Sylvia was outstriking him and avoided the takedown for 2 rounds, then Nog finally took him down and got him to tap. Very impressive. He showed a lot of heart.

Comment

• How exactly does talking about something that has already happened qualify as a spoiler?

In any case, Lesnar was a little baby in tapping. The knee bar was not that deep in. All he had to do is take his foot, put it on Mir's butt and push himself out of the knee bar attempt. I'm guessing he was not well schooled enough to know this, though.

The point deduction was just plain stupid. No warning and it may have been 20-30 seconds into the first round. Lesnar is raining down punches on Mir and looks like it could be coming to a stop, but Mazzagatti not only steps in, but takes a point. Just plain weird.

Lesnar may have only lasted 1:30 or so, but it was pretty obvious that if he becomes taught well in BJJ defense, he could become an outstanding heavyweight in a year or two. Mir was just a horrible matchup for his skills he has right now. I just hope Lesnar keeps at it like he said, because he has endless potential in this sport if he continues to work.

And Nog .. that has to be the biggest snake in the grass I have ever seen. Sylvia said it best "the guy always gets his a** kicked for a couple rounds, then he pulls out a submission and thats why he's one of the best in the world." Sylvia was just picking him apart and should have ended this fight easily in the 1st round when he dropped Nog. But somehow Nog withstands the fury and gets him two rounds later.

I have to say, that submission made my night. I've met Sylvia before and in 10 minutes of knowing him, I have to say no one has ever ticked me off as much as he did. He better be glad he is a giant and could kick my butt in 30 seconds, otherwise he would be in for a hurtin'! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by bwillie26 View Post
                            How exactly does talking about something that has already happened qualify as a spoiler?
                            Because I could still spoil it for someone who didnt order the PPV.

Comment

If I didn't order it on PPV, which I didn't, i'd come here to find out what happened.

Comment

Well then they would be looking for the results somewhere, so why not post them as they happen in this thread as they happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information