MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    that deduction on Lesnar was BS, he was in the middle of hammer fists to the face and if someone wants to give up their back you are gonna get hit in the head, he couldnt stop it. I think Lesnar is going to be a monster, send any MMA begining out against Mir and they will probably get submitted. I say he has the belt by 2009.
    I disagree, I can clearly see why Mazzagatti stood them up and took the point away. Brock was throwing so furiously that he didn't care where he was landing or what he was hitting, by the time Mazzagatti could do anything Mir had taken more than 1 clean hard shots to the back of the head and Mir was cleary dazed. At that point what is Mazzagatti to do? Warn him? the fight will be over after he says stop hitting the back of the head. So Stevey boy made a judgment call and stepped in to save Mir from being KO-ed by hammer fists to the back of the head, which was completely fair. I think there'd be far more controversy had Brock ended the fight by TKO-ing Frank with punches to the back of the head than there was for him standing them up and taking away a point. I am not positive but there may be a rule insisting on taking a point away if you stand up a fighter for that reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwillie26 View Post
      Ankle locks are painful given the right leverage on the foot, which wasn't the case last night. It was applied, but certainly not one of those deep ankle locks you have to tap because your ankle is about 2 seconds from being snapped.

As I said, Lesnar just needed to take his off foot, put it on Mir's butt and push. His leg would have popped right out and the match would've continued, but probably with his ankle a bit sore.
      Frank spent time training submissions with wooden dowels to simulate breaking Brocks bones via submission. This on top of his past track record for bone breaking (SEE: Tim Sylvia) I think Brock was smart to tap.

Comment

• CCBG, Mazzigatti did warn about head strikes in previous fights, if person turns there back in the middle of hammer fists the top man cant stop mid strike, he only got 1 shot on Mir head.

Comment

• http://www.mmafightline.com/news/200...c_315355.shtml

CC may leave the UFC

Comment

• I hope Cro Cop decides to stay.

I want to see him vs. Big Nog again, although I know he'll need to prove himself before he gets a title shot.

Comment

• Montreal will be the host to the biggest UFC event to date in UFC 83: Serra vs St. Pierre II.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0...mma_ufc_canada

Comment

• Just got done watching the full Lesnar vs Mir fight, all though i pretty much knew Lesnar was going to be subbed he still surprised me, if Lesnar keeps training hard and learns enough BJJ to defend it he will be the HW champion eventually

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  Just got done watching the full Lesnar vs Mir fight, all though i pretty much knew Lesnar was going to be subbed he still surprised me, if Lesnar keeps training hard and learns enough BJJ to defend it he will be the HW champion eventually
                  I agree, he has crazy speed for a man his size, it really is impressive. However, he still has a tattoo on his chest that looks like a *****...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• yea I like Lesnar and how he compares it to wrestling but that tattoo is redicoulsly dumb.

Comment

• Who should be Lesnar opponent? I hope Kongo, it will be a easy victory against a semi-known man. I got GnP in 3 minutes 4 Lesnar

Comment

• I think he needs to actually face a low level opponent, because he has a following right now but if they keep putting him against the top HW's in MMA he is going to keep losing, he still has a lot to learn

Comment

• yea that is why Kongo is perfect for him, he will take him down in 10 seconds then GnP the day lights out of him, plus Kongo is kind of a known fight so it would be great for the UFC

Comment

• Chuck him in there with Eddie Sanchez, he's coming off of a win, but let's face it, he isn't great. Kongo is a decent shout, but he would kill Lesnar IF it stayed on the feet, Sanchez IMO is less risky.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Kongo would beat Lesner fairly easily imo, Sanchez would be a good match up for Lesnar

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                                Kongo would beat Lesner fairly easily imo, Sanchez would be a good match up for Lesnar
                                Since when has Kongo shown he has any hint of a ground game? Kongo has little clue what to do on the ground. Lesnar would take him down at will and likely pound him out.

Kongo is a very good standup fighter, but offers nothing else to his game.

I'd personally put Brock in there with Soa Palelei or possibly bring back Justin Eilers to get knocked out one more time. :)

Soa, even though he got stopped against Eddie Sanchez, looked like a promising heavyweight coming into his UFC debut. It'll give both Soa and Brock a chance to cement a bit of a spot for themselves in the UFC while picking up a win. Either way, someone will get some footing in the UFC while the other falls even farther down the rungs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information