No announcement yet.

MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yea Kongo will not know what hit him when Lesnar takes him down.

Comment

• Anyone see the Dana White/GSP/MS press conference yesterday? That Bell Centre UFC is gonna be awesome.

Comment

• Lesnar to me was extremely impressive... put him up against a guy who isn't a word class BJJ practitioner in his next fight so he can get a win.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Lesnar made a cool $250,000 on Saturday, before taxes and other stuff. Not a bad nights work.

Comment

• Champ Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson (for middleweight title)
            Heath Herring vs. Cheick Kongo
            Yushin Okami vs. Evan Tanner
            Jon Fitch vs. Chris Wilson
            David Bielkheden vs. Diego Sanchez
            PRELIMINARY CARD

Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O’Brien
            Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti
            Dustin Hazelett vs. Josh Koscheck
            Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson
            Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara

I cant believe AA and Kosheck are on the preliminary card and wont be aired:(

but anyway that is the card for UFC 82

Comment

• looks like a good card, hopefully there will be a few quick KO's or Subs so that they show the AA & Koscheck fights

Comment

• I'd rather see Leben v Sakara than Kos tbh, although I think Kos is a good MMA guy, his style is so dull...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• yes I agree both are way to talented to be on a preliminary card.

Comment

• so who should Wand next opponent be? I would like to see him VS. Jardine. Winner gets a rematch w/ Chuck then winner gets a title shot.

Comment

• Kos on the prelim card that sucks I love that guy. He beats Diego and gets a fight on the same ppv only on the undercard? How does someone whos last two fights were against sanchez and gsp get this treatment.

Comment

• heath herring over kongo. he was robbed against nog, even though im a big nog fan.

pretty underrated fighter in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                          Kos on the prelim card that sucks I love that guy. He beats Diego and gets a fight on the same ppv only on the undercard? How does someone whos last two fights were against sanchez and gsp get this treatment.
                          Him being boring as sin may have something to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
                            heath herring over kongo. he was robbed against nog, even though im a big nog fan.

pretty underrated fighter in my opinion.
                            Other than the very near KO Big Nog schooled him in the stand up. He was landing combo after combo and I thought the right decision was made.

Not knocking on Herring because he might be underated but if he stands up with Kongo he has no shot.

stephenson86

Comment

• I just saw Shogun VS. Forrest and Shogun did better then how I thought he did from what I heard, he came in unconditioned and a horrible gameplan, he went for takedowns when his bread and butter is his striking. I expect him to look totally different against Chuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwillie26 View Post
                                Since when has Kongo shown he has any hint of a ground game? Kongo has little clue what to do on the ground. Lesnar would take him down at will and likely pound him out.
                                Lets try this same statement only plugging in Kongo and striking instead of Brock and takedown:

Since when has Brock shown he has any hint of a stand up game? Brock has little clue what to do standing up. Kongo would stand up and likely knock him out.

Not that this is how I feel necessarily. Just showing that Kongo's strengths could expose Brock just as easily as Brocks strengths could expose Kongo. I'd give the fight to Kongo if the two went at it, far more experience and world class muay thai beats out 2 career fights and world class wrestling IMO. This would be a far more difficult fight for Brock then you all are making it out to be. Sure Kongo has had trouble with wrestlers before, but he at the very least has experience going against ground guys. Lesnar has no experience going against a world class striker. If you are looking for a stepping stone match for Brock, I do not think against Kongo is a wise choice. Kongo is a top 10 HW in the UFC right now and some (not myself) would say top 10 in the world.
                                Last edited by ccB; 02-11-2008, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information