No announcement yet.

MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen the Nogueira v Barnett fight yet, I've heard some say that it is a clear win for Barnett and some say Nog should have won, thoughts? Nog is one of my favourite guys so I'd hate to hear he was screwed, what's everyones thoughts on that fight?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

I hate that Pride isn't shown in the UK live :( This even will be on over here next year probably.

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan
        I haven't seen the Nogueira v Barnett fight yet, I've heard some say that it is a clear win for Barnett and some say Nog should have won, thoughts? Nog is one of my favourite guys so I'd hate to hear he was screwed, what's everyones thoughts on that fight?
        It was split could have easily went either way. I wouldnt say Nog got robbed but if he would have won I wouldnt say Barnett got robbed either. I was kind of bummed out i wanted to see Nog vs Cro Cop

Comment

Ok thanks man, I'll have to find it on youtube or something.

Comment

You really should it was probably the best fight on the card from a technical standpoint. Great ground skills we shown. Classic fight IMO

Comment

I once saw a pride match and this guy went for a tackle and got kneed in the face and got knocked out, interesting to say the least.

Comment

My boy Shogun is indeed back. Hopefully he will fight Arona next and KO him again.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                  You really should it was probably the best fight on the card from a technical standpoint. Great ground skills we shown. Classic fight IMO
                  yeh, it was a sweet fight from a technical aspect. If u appreciate the science of fighting, then u will love the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Schubert
                    yeh, it was a sweet fight from a technical aspect. If u appreciate the science of fighting, then u will love the fight.
                    If you know nothing about great ground skills watching that fight would be a great place to start. Both fighters show 2 completely different styles almost to perfection.

Comment

So sad to see Cro Cop demolish my two favorite Pride guys. I thought the Snake looked very good and he clearly had an advantage on his feet against SHOGUN, basically nobody in the world can do that, if he improves his wrestling & ground game he could be a force.

What is with Alistair Overeem? He continues to lose fights on odd tap outs and having the towel thrown in. This guy has all the physical ability in the world and is an explosive fighter but he seems a bit soft and mentally weak. When things start to go bad for him he folds quickly and often isnt in good enough shape, Im a fan of his and would like to see him right.

How about Cyborg? He looked absolutely vicious out there, standing up he took it right to his pro boxer opponent then showed off his ground and jiu jitsu abilities that everyone said he didnt have. Training with Chute Boxe now is really going to help his overall game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerv
                        So sad to see Cro Cop demolish my two favorite Pride guys. I thought the Snake looked very good and he clearly had an advantage on his feet against SHOGUN, basically nobody in the world can do that, if he improves his wrestling & ground game he could be a force.

What is with Alistair Overeem? He continues to lose fights on odd tap outs and having the towel thrown in. This guy has all the physical ability in the world and is an explosive fighter but he seems a bit soft and mentally weak. When things start to go bad for him he folds quickly and often isnt in good enough shape, Im a fan of his and would like to see him right.

How about Cyborg? He looked absolutely vicious out there, standing up he took it right to his pro boxer opponent then showed off his ground and jiu jitsu abilities that everyone said he didnt have. Training with Chute Boxe now is really going to help his overall game.
                        Cyborg looked more like Wandy than Wandy did. He really impressed me. How about Aleksander Emelianko completely demolishing Kharitonov. Some vicious kness you could just see the blood exploding on Aleksanders knees.

Comment

Cyborg looked more like Wandy than Wandy did. He really impressed me. How about Aleksander Emelianko completely demolishing Kharitonov. Some vicious kness you could just see the blood exploding on Aleksanders knees.
                          Yeh, Cyborg looked great and so did aleksander.

Comment

Aleksander doesnt get enough credit. If he was in UFC he would completely dominate but since hes in land of the heavyweight he dont get the respect he deserves.

Comment

Aleksander doesnt get enough credit. If he was in UFC he would completely dominate but since hes in land of the heavyweight he dont get the respect he deserves.
                              Yeah he is better than sylvia imo.

Comment

Yeah he is better than sylvia imo.
                                He moves to well for Sylvia... He could just dance around him. I cant wait til someone like Brandon Vera beats Sylvia.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information