No announcement yet.

MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn it, why do I keep clicking this thread when I dont get to see TUF until Sunday, Lutter vs Cote in the finals I hope, COTE, COTE COTE COTE!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX
      That fight sucked. Lay and pray at it's finest, Lutter got him on the ground and delivered some weak elbows that barely did any damage. Completely unimpressive to me. I hope Cote or Bam Bam knock his ass out.
      I think Cote or Dewees are in for the same as Drago. Get taken down and held there for majority of the round. With some less than vicious elbows thrown in sparingly.

Comment

• COTE COTE COTE COTE

Been wanting him to win since this thing started, those French Canadians are such nice guys! So I will say again:

COTE COTE COTE COTE

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerv
          COTE COTE COTE COTE

Been wanting him to win since this thing started, those French Canadians are such nice guys! So I will say again:

COTE COTE COTE COTE
          Even though I hate french Canadians

COTE COTE COTE COTE

Comment

• BAM BAM! BAM BAM! BAM BAM!
            "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

• Cote vs Dewees tonight. God i pray for a stand up war.

Comment

• Cote was slugging for the fences. WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!!! Im suprised some of those shots didnt even rock Dewees, He has a pretty good chin. It doesnt matter though because Lutters gonna win the finals.

Comment

• Cant wait for GSP-Hughes. Haven't been this excited for a fight in a while.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Schubert
                    Cant wait for GSP-Hughes. Haven't been this excited for a fight in a while.
                    Especially a UFC fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                      Cote was slugging for the fences. WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!!! Im suprised some of those shots didnt even rock Dewees, He has a pretty good chin. It doesnt matter though because Lutters gonna win the finals.
                      Kinda what I expected. I wanted Bam Bam to win but Cote is clearly the better fighter. Bam Bam definately has heart and a good chin though.

I kinda hope Lutter wins the finals...just cause iwhoever wins is gonna get murdered by Silva.

Comment

• Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX
                        Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                        Cote was slugging for the fences. WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!!! Im suprised some of those shots didnt even rock Dewees, He has a pretty good chin. It doesnt matter though because Lutters gonna win the finals.
                        Kinda what I expected. I wanted Bam Bam to win but Cote is clearly the better fighter. Bam Bam definately has heart and a good chin though.

I kinda hope Lutter wins the finals...just cause iwhoever wins is gonna get murdered by Silva.
                        I actually think that Lutter would have the best chance of beating Silva (not that i think it could happen in any way shape or form) But i think Silva would KO Cote right away because Cote would try and slug with him. If Lutter could get a bunch of takedowns he could POSSIBLY grind out a win. But in reality Lutter would probably gas before Silva leaving Silva room to KO him.

I do think Cote has a chance against Lutter though because Cote has faced great takedown guys before (tito ortiz) and he took it to a decision so anythings possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                          I actually think that Lutter would have the best chance of beating Silva (not that i think it could happen in any way shape or form) But i think Silva would KO Cote right away because Cote would try and slug with him. If Lutter could get a bunch of takedowns he could POSSIBLY grind out a win. But in reality Lutter would probably gas before Silva leaving Silva room to KO him.

I do think Cote has a chance against Lutter though because Cote has faced great takedown guys before (tito ortiz) and he took it to a decision so anythings possible.
                          Silva's ground game is really underrated. It's certainly not as good as his stand up, but still, he's better than Lutter in every area.

Sure, Lutter may have a better chance against than Cote, but we're talking about 1 in 1000 vs. 1 in 999. Neither of them have a chance really.

Comment

• Cote vs Anderson would be entertaining as hell. I think Cote could stand with him for a round before getting KO'd. Honestly I think Cote matches up better than Lutter vs Silva, he has a punchers chance. Mark my words, Lutter will NOT be able to take Silva to the mat, he will just eat knees & kicks everytime he shoots.

As for Cote, he already has a decent takedown defense and has had months to work almost entirely on defending the takedown and ground positioning. I think Lutter vs Cote is pretty much dead even as they both dominate an aspect of the game against each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerv
                              Cote vs Anderson would be entertaining as hell. I think Cote could stand with him for a round before getting KO'd. Honestly I think Cote matches up better than Lutter vs Silva, he has a punchers chance. Mark my words, Lutter will NOT be able to take Silva to the mat, he will just eat knees & kicks everytime he shoots.

As for Cote, he already has a decent takedown defense and has had months to work almost entirely on defending the takedown and ground positioning. I think Lutter vs Cote is pretty much dead even as they both dominate an aspect of the game against each other.
                              Yeah but Pete Sell got completely dominated on the ground and Sells ground game/BJJ is better than Cote's so Cote better have used his time to train correctly.

Comment

• Cote's takedown defense looked excellent vs. Edwin. He ended up on top every time Dewees went for a takedown.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information