No announcement yet.

MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd plan a vacation to Japan strictly to see a PRIDE event.

Comment

What do you guys think about Renzo Gracie fighting Pat Miletich. I think Miletich will destroy...opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan
        http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.FightCard&eid=206

Looks pretty good to me, except somehow Danny Abbadi has snuck onto another card, I hope they just using him to build up Gurgel who is a good fighter.
        The most exciting match besides hughes penn will be Swick vs Loiseau i cannot wait for this fight. This will be where Swick proves himself as a top MW contender.

Comment

Yeah, I'm taking Swick over Loiseau also.

I doubt Penn will beat Hughes again.

Also wanna see Jens Pulver, I think he wins this fight and eventually gets his title back.
          "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX
            Yeah, I'm taking Swick over Loiseau also.

I doubt Penn will beat Hughes again.

Also wanna see Jens Pulver, I think he wins this fight and eventually gets his title back.
            Yeah im taking swick too. I also think hughes takes Penn but im pulling for Penn hes one of my favorite fighters.

Comment

I love Penn, I simply think he is amazing.

As for Swick, I dont think he will KO the crow seeing as he lasted all 5 with Franklin and sustained a ton of punishment, so it will be interesting to me to see swick go 3 rounds.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Does anyone have any clue when Anderson Silva's next UFC fight will be? He looked amazing destroying Chris Leben, I wanna see him against one of the top middlewieghts though. He'll probably take down anyone not named Rich Franklin without much problem.

EDIT- nevermind, just found that Silva and Franklin will be fighting for the title at UFC 64, October 14.

Also Sean Sherk will fight Kenny Florian for the vacant lightweight title...and the right to be beaten by Jens Pulver.

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX
                  Does anyone have any clue when Anderson Silva's next UFC fight will be? He looked amazing destroying Chris Leben, I wanna see him against one of the top middlewieghts though. He'll probably take down anyone not named Rich Franklin without much problem.

EDIT- nevermind, just found that Silva and Franklin will be fighting for the title at UFC 64, October 14.

Also Sean Sherk will fight Kenny Florian for the vacant lightweight title...and the right to be beaten by Jens Pulver.
                  The UFC was gonna prep Penn to be LW champ until GSP got hurt from what i heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                    The UFC was gonna prep Penn to be LW champ until GSP got hurt from what i heard.
                    If that's the case., if he loses to Hughes he'll probably drop down to 155.

Pulvers last UFC fight was a majority decision over Penn. That could eventually be a good rematch.

Comment

Pride is good. UFC is ok. However, I must say that I was a much bigger fan when UFC had like no rules or weight classes and it was banned in like 40 states.

Comment

Originally posted by bigrick0016
                        Pride is good. UFC is ok. However, I must say that I was a much bigger fan when UFC had like no rules or weight classes and it was banned in like 40 states.
                        When eye gouges and groin kicks were legal :D

Comment

Ill never forget the Gracie vs Kimo fight, where to keep Kimo in his guard on the ground Royce just gripped kimo's ponytail and never let go.

Comment

Exactly! Violence at it's best.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerv
                              Ill never forget the Gracie vs Kimo fight, where to keep Kimo in his guard on the ground Royce just gripped kimo's ponytail and never let go.
                              Yeah the Gracies are notoriously dirty fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerv
                                Yeah the Gracies are notoriously dirty fighters.
                                That wasnt really dirty, I think any fighter with long hair is asking for it to be pulled. Its like RB's with dreads, they are begging for it to get yanked.
                                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information