No announcement yet.

MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenflo is moving down to 145 with hopes of potentially fighting Aldo down the line, interesting. Definitely a good career move for him if he can get down to 145 comfortably given how wrestling heavy 155 is. Still though for his first 145 bout I'd feed him to the wolves right away and give him Chad Mendes to see how he deals with a dominant wrestler. TBH I might go with the upset pick and favor Mendes if he were to fight Kenflo.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• I can't stand KenFlo.

Comment

• I love KenFlo

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
        Originally posted by TitanHope
        R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
        He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

• Got UFC 129 TICKETS *************.

Gonna be the biggest UFC event ever by far. Sold 42000 seats in 10 minutes.

Comment

• It's quieter than usual for an upcoming Fedor fight. Normally there is a lot of hoopla, but it seems to be flying under the radar on the eve of the event. Part of it is because of Anderson adding another highlight for the ages and Jon Jones being spectacular. At the same time Fedor always has a lot of buzz around him, but this time it's not as big as normal.

Anyway, I'm excited to finally see him fighting again. In the past few years I haven't felt like much of a Fedor fan. He's kinda like Batman. I have loved Batman since I can remember. I still read his comics and watch movies, so I still love the character. The Batfanbase is just so ridiculous that a lot of times I catch myself arguing against Batman because of the utter stupid stuff some Batnerd said. Fedor is the same. Not all Fedor fans are cultists, but the cultists are just so damn annoying that I find myself arguing against Fedor when in reality I have loved watching the guy fight for going on seven years now.

I really hope he takes it to Bigfoot and beats him impressively. Bigfoot has some issues with balance. I think he can be thrown off balance easily since a lot of how he fights is to keep his big body in check. I think Fedor will look good, but Bigfoot can take a decent amount of punishment. Plus he's got a big head, and Fedor could break his hands since he has done so plenty of times in the past. I think it'll be a Fedor decision.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Should be easy for Fedor. The Mike Kyle fight showed how slow and sluggish Big foot's standup is and how he can't handle super fast hands like Kyle or this fight some of the best hands in MMA Fedor. Kyle would have 1st round TKO'd Big Foot if it weren't for the fact that he's a LHW and didn't have enough ground power to finish it. Big Foot's best shot on Fedor is some gnp but he loves gnp from side control, hard to imagine him in side control for more than a minute without falling into an arm bar. I think the Arlovski and Kartinov fight will be far more exciting. I actually think the best fight on the card and the one people should look out for is Del Rosario vs LaVar Johnson(how can't you love the guy his nickname is big lol). Del Rosario is an up and coming HW that I think people are ignoring. Any time there is a guy like Pat Barry people are on his nuts and while Rosario isn't in the same league as Barry as a striker he is an extremely versatile striker with a good clinch game and solid ground game. Should be a good test though as Johnson is a tough SOB who is super strong and has serious power. I do believe I read that the winner of this fight is the #1 alternate should someone in the HW tourny get injured. Lil Reem is also on the card.

Comment

• After getting way excited about a bunch of Fedor fights that never happened (**** Barnett), I find it hard to get excited until I see him actually enter the ring/octagon. Love Fedor. Still #1 everything, imo. Should be a great tournament as long as most of the original entrants stay healthy and clean.

Comment

• Fedor and Overeem will meet and then Fedor and M1 will spend 2 years negotiating the fight and Fedor will fight someone else.

Comment

• It's always one fight at a time with Fedor. They're letting Barnett and Overeem fight the first round in Japan, but Fedor's people sure as **** are going to make him fight in the States if Overeem gets past Werdum. And Overeem will have to be clean.

There's a ******* reason it's taken so long for them to fight. Overeem, until recently, was dodging both Fedor and the US athletic commissions. I really don't care that he's juicing, but I don't blame Fedor for not wanting to fight someone who's roided raging come fight night.

Comment

• Overeem has never failed a drug test and was just as big in the Brett Rogers fight which was in the U.S.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                        Overeem has never failed a drug test and was just as big in the Brett Rogers fight which was in the U.S.
                        Ya, Overeem is smart about it. He's not dodging the tests or Fedor now, but he had been for awhile. I just think that a big stink will be made about the fight if it's not in the U.S. Even though they could probably put together the biggest crowd for a fight EVER if they had the Overeem-Fedor fight in Japan (not sure what venues they have available).

Look, the guy uses PEDs. I don't care, I don't take anything away from the guy because he's obviously got amazing skill as well. I think the PEDs just got him to HW quicker, which is where the money is if you're fighting anywhere but North America.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                          It's always one fight at a time with Fedor. They're letting Barnett and Overeem fight the first round in Japan, but Fedor's people sure as **** are going to make him fight in the States if Overeem gets past Werdum. And Overeem will have to be clean.

There's a ******* reason it's taken so long for them to fight. Overeem, until recently, was dodging both Fedor and the US athletic commissions. I really don't care that he's juicing, but I don't blame Fedor for not wanting to fight someone who's roided raging come fight night.
                          Really your love for your russian overlord is so strong that you think Overeem was ducking HIM? L-O-*******-L

Comment

• Just read the last page or so of argument on Fedor and Overeem and roids and whos ducking who. I just figured I would add my two cents from someone that is pretty neutral to both parties. I really do like both fighters but would not call myself a fan of either by any means.

-The question of steroids with Overeem in my mind is still not obvious. To have a frame such as his and being in a profession that necessitates intense training means that it seems like a potentially realistic weight gain. He just looks amazing because he is a professional athlete who takes very good care of himself in my opinion. I can't believe when people just put pictures of him as a lanky kid at 205 compared to him now as if its evidence. He just became a man. In fact, look at overeem's brother, he is huge too but just either isnt as commited or as blessed as Allistair, but he still is a huge dude and in decent shape.
                            -As for the whole Fed was ducking the Reem or visa versa, I really think it is very clear that Overeem is not afraid of Fedor. Overeem is so intensely confident that it truly borders on cockiness. He really doesnt seem afraid to fight anyone because he just believes he is the ****. As for Fedor, the more I see him and hte more i hear about him, the more it is clear that he is just a simple man who fights because he is gifted and doesnt really care about business or whatever. He does what his advisers say and he has not idea of the politics surrounding much of what goes on.
                            -When thinking about a fight between the two of them, it is really impossible to say until we see how fedor is after another longish layoff after his first loss. He doesnt seem like the type to get spooked from a loss, but you never know....after ten years of only winning, it is quite the shock to lose.

Comment

• Are the fights gonna be on showtime or on some other channel?

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                              Originally posted by TitanHope
                              R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                              He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                                Are the fights gonna be on showtime or on some other channel?
                                showtime i believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information