No announcement yet.

MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like Rogan and feel he has improved greatly over the years.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
      One of my favorite moments from UFC 136 was when Mike Goldberg claimed that Gray cuts from 200 and then Joe said that there is no way he gets up that high to which Goldberg basically responded with "Ive seen him."

As much as I hate Goldberg, I've started to realize that there are many times where he just spouts stupid background info because Rogan is silently entranced with what is happening and Goldberg feels he needs to fill the silence. I guess there is nothing you can do about Rogan being a stupid stoner sometimes.

I happen to like Rogan for the most part despite his favoritism, inability to call the action when he gets excited instead just yelling ohhhhhhhh, love for all leg kicks, etc.
      They just really need a third guy, have it be a rotating spot with guys who are in between fights and want a little extra cash. They have a sore need for a guy who is an actual fighter and has had success recently.

Rogan is actually pretty quality, he's very good at explaining positions on the ground, what each guy needs to do to move up the guard/escape the guard. Goldberg is not going anywhere, and although he can be very goonish at times, he does add excitement to the fight and seems to be pretty professional.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I think they're both perfect for UFC. I would love to hear Goldberg do an NFL game haha. Ken Flo does well when he announces, too.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Just watched the Sonnen fight because I missed it last night. I LOVED the post fight lmao

Anderson Silva...you absolutely suck....love it haha

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
          Originally posted by TitanHope
          R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
          He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
            One of my favorite moments from UFC 136 was when Mike Goldberg claimed that Gray cuts from 200 and then Joe said that there is no way he gets up that high to which Goldberg basically responded with "Ive seen him."

As much as I hate Goldberg, I've started to realize that there are many times where he just spouts stupid background info because Rogan is silently entranced with what is happening and Goldberg feels he needs to fill the silence. I guess there is nothing you can do about Rogan being a stupid stoner sometimes.

I happen to like Rogan for the most part despite his favoritism, inability to call the action when he gets excited instead just yelling ohhhhhhhh, love for all leg kicks, etc.
            Goldberg is a troll.

Comment

• I just don't think there's enough going on for there to be three people calling a fight. Two is perfect, and for the most part, Rogan does a great job. He does a wonderful job explaining everything very technically and in detail, but it does all go to **** when he gets excited, lol.

Comment

• i think rogan is perfect what were the odds of the ufc finding a practicing BJJ guy with tv/radio/stand up experience

Comment

• The only rearl problem I have with the UFC announcers aside from Goldberg trolling is their bias towards a fighter and making the fight seem one-sided in favor of one fighter when, in actuality, the other fighter is controlling the fight and/or doing more damage.

Comment

• One of the reasons that Joe Tessitore and Teddy Atlas work so well together on ESPN is that you have Joe, who never gets too high up or too high down, who knows enough about the sport to give good information on what's going on and he also gives good background info on the fighter. Teddy was a former trainer, so he knows how any fighter can win and he always gives much better information on the technical stuff.
                    Florian's great as a color commentator since he gives really good analysis. Rogan has improved, but they just don't work well together.

Comment

• I wonder where Gray goes from here. He's a top 3 guy, but no more matches with Edgar. I'm thinking he fights a top 10-15, and if Edgar loses the belt he can move to a shot. I wanna see him fight BJ.
                      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• anyone got a link for tonights fights?
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• i need a link too, purdy plz?

Comment

• A Cro Cop LHK KO would be so epic. Alas, he will probably get dominated here. *Sigh*
                            Last edited by Rob S; 10-29-2011, 09:38 PM.
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Can anyone hook me up with a link?

Comment

• I hate how biased Rogan & Goldie are towards Mittrione in this fight. I'm not a Kongo fan (want Matt to win), but come on!

"He really has an advanced striking game, he's doing a great job defending." (Mittrione getting tee'd off on the whole time Rogan is saying this)
                                Last edited by nepg; 10-29-2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information