MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
    Is anyone else pumped for this Gonzaga/Couture fight?
    Defintely, Couture is one of my absolute favorites. Gonzaga is going to be a tough cookie though. I think Couture is going to have to wear him out and take the fight into the late rounds to grind out a win. For a 40+ year old Randy has amazing cardio.

I am also excited about the GSP vs Kos match, I am a huge GSP fan but I think he has too many mental/personal problems and I hate to say it but I think Kos will grind out a boring and unimpressive win.

Comment

• CCB, have you heard Lesnar and all the crap hes talking?

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
        CCB, have you heard Lesnar and all the crap hes talking?
        Yes, I think its a gimmick to get Dana to sign him. Lesnar reminds me of the HW version of Josh Koscheck. Though his wrestling is elite he doesnt have the other skills necessary yet. He should follow the same path Koscheck has instead of going right at the top guys. Though I think he probably could beat Tim Sylvia like he says because Tim gets by on his sprawl and I think Lesnar could just power through that. I think Lesnar against someone like Big Nog would be a nightmare for Brock beacuse there is no way he has the submission defense skills yet necessary to win agianst a guy like Nog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
          Defintely, Couture is one of my absolute favorites. Gonzaga is going to be a tough cookie though. I think Couture is going to have to wear him out and take the fight into the late rounds to grind out a win. For a 40+ year old Randy has amazing cardio.

I am also excited about the GSP vs Kos match, I am a huge GSP fan but I think he has too many mental/personal problems and I hate to say it but I think Kos will grind out a boring and unimpressive win.
          Yea, I'm almost more excited to see the GSP match, i want him to knock Kos on his ass.

Anyone know how much the price for the pay per view to that is?

EDIT* it's $40
          Last edited by nvot9; 08-24-2007, 02:37 PM.
          Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Yea, I'm almost more excited to see the GSP match, i want him to knock Kos on his ass.

Anyone know how much the price for the pay per view to that is?
            Most likely $39.95. But if you have good internet searching skills I am sure you can find it for about $39.95 cheaper than that.

Comment

• Man, I dont get to see this until Sunday 9pm, although it is free. So pumped for GSP vs Kos. I see Couture beating Gonzaga but should be a good fight as well.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Yea, I see it going 5 rounds and Zaga not being able to keep up, but a lot say Zaga will win by KO within the first two rounds.

Comment

Yea, I see it going 5 rounds and Zaga not being able to keep up, but a lot say Zaga will win by KO within the first two rounds.
                  I really dont see Zaga KO-ing Captain America. I think this fight ends in a decision. Randy should come in doing the same thing he did against Sylvia, he needs to be the aggressor, he needs to push the pace and wear down Gonzaga.

Comment

• I agree, I mean everyone talks about how forceful and powerful and overall dominant Zaga is, but as far as I'm concerned, there are not too many fighters, if any, who are more powerful than Tim Sylvia, and if there are, it's not by much. We all saw what Couture did to him, I really don't think that it will be any different than with Gonzaga. I honestly don't see Gonzaga knocking him out, the only way I see Couture losing is if it gets to become a wrestling match with Couture on the bottom, in which case Zaga will use his outstanding submition techniques.

Comment

• I dont really buy into Gonzaga yet. As far as im concerned one fluke win against Mirko Cro Cop is not enough to consider him a true elite HW. I mean if anyone seen the Jordan/Gonzaga fight, it was god awful until Gonzaga again got a lucky shot. I think hes a good fighter just not top notch.

Comment

• Couture via spanking... ask Tito!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Didn't Tito cry after that match

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OiZ8ZVUUvAo

^^^UFC 74 promo

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                            Most likely $39.95. But if you have good internet searching skills I am sure you can find it for about $39.95 cheaper than that.
                            if you find it could you pm me a link, i'll probably be going to hooters to watch it, but just in case

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                              That fight would be way to much like Rocky 5. A old fighter who is good but out of his prime against a Russian who is part robot.
                              I think you mean Rocky 4, not 5.

Comment

• yea on of those.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information