MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=8834

Mark Cuban is trying to get Fedor to join his MMA league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
      http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=8834

Mark Cuban is trying to get Fedor to join his MMA league.
      Damn, this doesn't look good for my hope that Fedor would sign with UFC.

Comment

• I agree I really hope he does.

I also hope Mark Hunt signs w/ the UFC, that guy is a animal. His head is made of titanium.

Comment

• I havent heard much on Mark Hunt, I always felt he was one of the most underrated heavyweights. If Fedor signs anywhere other than the UFC its going to hurt his legacy, theres a max of 4 HW's out there that the UFC dont have that could be any competition to Fedor (Barnett, Lesnar, Hunt, Antonio Silva) and one of those (Hunt) has already been beaten by Fedor. So after a Barnett vs Fedor and a Lesnar vs Fedor or a Silva vs Fedor fight there wouldnt be nothing else for Fedor to accomplish. If Fedor signs with the UFC theres a host of fighters that they could throw in front of Fedor (Randy, Andrei, Nog again, Cro Cop again etc)

Comment

• UFC 75 this Saturday, man I am pumped, might be going down to London to see it, depending on if my bud can hook me up with a ticket.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• lucky UKfan, please don't post any spoliers unless you wanna get rep raped.

Comment

• http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=2807&zoneid=1

It turns out Hunt is having trouble getting a visa to the USA because he got in a bar room brawl and got charges pressed on him in Cali. Who in their right mind would mess w/ Mark Hunt who is a hot head and his head is made out of concrete, and makes head kicks look like a bug flying straight into a bug zapper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                  lucky UKfan, please don't post any spoliers unless you wanna get rep raped.
                  Haha I won't do that, I know how annoying it is when it gets spoiled since we dont get UFC over here until a day after it's aired in the US, it's a nightmare.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Are you serious about Lesnar CCB? The guy is a D level MMA fighter, he is slow as sin and has no striking or jiu-jitsu skills. Im not even sure his wrestling is all that great, he is just strong and that is about it. I think Kimbo is probably a better MMA fighter than Lesnar.

Also Ive read the article before, Cuban doesnt actually have an organization, he promotes whatever the hell HDNet is but it also says he would let Fedor fight with different promoters and promotions. I think signing with Cuban might actually be a step in the right direction to get him in the UFC.

Comment

• yea good point, but I was reading Sherdog and somebody said Cuban should have just bought Pride. That would of been a great idea but it is to late now.

Comment

• Anyone else get upset with the fact that UFC has to own the rights to these guys to let them fight? Why can't they let outside management control some of these fighters and just provide them with a stage to showcase their abilities?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerv View Post
                          Are you serious about Lesnar CCB? The guy is a D level MMA fighter, he is slow as sin and has no striking or jiu-jitsu skills. Im not even sure his wrestling is all that great, he is just strong and that is about it. I think Kimbo is probably a better MMA fighter than Lesnar.

Also Ive read the article before, Cuban doesnt actually have an organization, he promotes whatever the hell HDNet is but it also says he would let Fedor fight with different promoters and promotions. I think signing with Cuban might actually be a step in the right direction to get him in the UFC.
                          well thats my point really, there are no top level HW's for him to fight in other organizations and I think your assessment of Brock isnt necessarily true. Brock has ELITE wrestling, top of the line as far as MMA is concerned. I look at him as the equivalent of Josh Koscheck when he got off of TUF, all takedowns not much else. I think he has potential to build off of, I dont think hes an elite HW but I think hes in the top 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                            Anyone else get upset with the fact that UFC has to own the rights to these guys to let them fight? Why can't they let outside management control some of these fighters and just provide them with a stage to showcase their abilities?
                            yes I wish it was back in the old days were there was Pride, but o well we can remember then w/ the Pride DVDs. I think it will be fine once the UFC gets all the people signed, but that may not happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerv View Post
                              Are you serious about Lesnar CCB? The guy is a D level MMA fighter, he is slow as sin and has no striking or jiu-jitsu skills. Im not even sure his wrestling is all that great, he is just strong and that is about it. I think Kimbo is probably a better MMA fighter than Lesnar.

lesnar is quick as hell. It took him a less than a second to shoot and get the take down. he doesn't have any striking or jiu-jitsu skills though.

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
                                lesnar is quick as hell. It took him a less than a second to shoot and get the take down. he doesn't have any striking or jiu-jitsu skills though.
                                Lesnar is not quick as hell, his only fight was against a 7 foot korean who can't move.. so I guess he might be quick in comparison to that guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information