Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For a Heavyweigh Lesnar is fast, but that really means nothing in today's MMA, you have to be a good well rounded fighter to survive, even guys like Liddell have decent ground game and the ability to stop a takedown, Lesnar on the other hand only has wrestling right now

    Comment


    • Yes he is a good wrestler,hes powerful, but his striking ability is limited to throwing and getting lucky connects. I would need to see more fights before I can really make a decent assessment of him.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by fenikz View Post
        For a Heavyweigh Lesnar is fast, but that really means nothing in today's MMA, you have to be a good well rounded fighter to survive, even guys like Liddell have decent ground game and the ability to stop a takedown, Lesnar on the other hand only has wrestling right now
        AKA Josh Koscheck prior to and a few fights after TUF.

        Comment


        • does anybody do any martial arts? I sometimes do MMA in my basement w/ my friends just messing around but I want to find a Muay Thai and Jiu-jitsu academy around my town.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
            does anybody do any martial arts? I sometimes do MMA in my basement w/ my friends just messing around but I want to find a Muay Thai and Jiu-jitsu academy around my town.
            Theres a MMA academy on Boston st in Canton (I believe) I plan on joining when I have the funds (I think its 100 a month)

            Comment


            • There is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu school 3 blocks from my house. Also they offer MMA/Cagefighting classes for free on Camp Pendleton to Active Duty Military. Ken Shamrock stops by every now and then to help teach

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                does anybody do any martial arts? I sometimes do MMA in my basement w/ my friends just messing around but I want to find a Muay Thai and Jiu-jitsu academy around my town.
                You would be surprised how many MMA & BJJ type gyms/classes are around now a days. Ive found multiple ones around my house, the one I like is you dont have to join the gym you just drop in and pay 12 dollars every class you feel like attending. Ive went to mostly BJJ there, went and got beat up a little bit at the MMA class before.

                Ill tell you one thing, I didnt know sore until after trying some of these classes. Football/basketball conditioning and practice have nothing on it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  There is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu school 3 blocks from my house. Also they offer MMA/Cagefighting classes for free on Camp Pendleton to Active Duty Military. Ken Shamrock stops by every now and then to help teach
                  definitely shouldn't go there then.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by soybean View Post
                    definitely shouldn't go there then.
                    hahaha. Ken Shamrock stops by because he's the spokesman for the marine Corps martial Arts Program which is pretty much a mixture of Krav Maga, Brazilian jiu-Jitsu, and Karate

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                      does anybody do any martial arts? I sometimes do MMA in my basement w/ my friends just messing around but I want to find a Muay Thai and Jiu-jitsu academy around my town.
                      I've always wanted to do some Muay Thai, right now I train at a MMA oriented BBJ & American Kenpo Gym

                      Gotta love Kenpo every technique is made to either break a bone, rip off a extremity, or kill the guy

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                        Theres a MMA academy on Boston st in Canton (I believe) I plan on joining when I have the funds (I think its 100 a month)
                        yea I think I have seen their commercials on WEC before. I was thinking about gettin a instructional video off of sherdog but it probably isn't worth it.
                        Last edited by Ravens1991; 09-04-2007, 06:46 PM.

                        Comment


                        • http://www.martialartstutor.com/

                          This site has free online instructional videos in a ton of martial arts styles

                          Comment


                          • thanks SuperKevin, SuperKevin in the USMC what martial arts do they teach you?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                              thanks SuperKevin, SuperKevin in the USMC what martial arts do they teach you?
                              I know when my friend came back from boot camp and was showing us some of the hand to hand combat he learned, a lot of it was Muay Thai'esque involving knees & elbows.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                                thanks SuperKevin, SuperKevin in the USMC what martial arts do they teach you?
                                It's called Marine Corps Martial Arts Program(MCMAP). it's a combination of Krav Maga, Brasilian Jiu-Jitsu, and Muay Thai. At the lowest levels they teach you basic strikes and defense techniques. As you learn more you learn a lot of choke holds, submission moves, and throws

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information