NBA 2K7 or NBA LIVE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA 2K7 or NBA LIVE

I know its early but I will be getting one of the two and I need some input. From what I have read and seen they seem to be pretty equal right now.. at least in my mind. I have always been a 2K guy but if Live is better I will get it. Any and all information/opinions are needed and welcome.

I'd go with NBA Live

Comment

Gameplay and graphics go to 2K7. I've never been a Live fan, I dont think basketball is one of EA's strengths.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

2k always has the best features, but i think live just plays better, i'll prbably be getting it, i hope they release a demo

Sig by Me

Comment

2k was better last year IMO

Comment

I like 2k6 more for 360 but last year i played Live more when i had PS2 but id probably go with 2k6

Comment

2K is overall a better game but IMO Live has a more fluid gameplay. I think that is due more too its arcade style. I would go for 2K

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

Since my favorite basketball game all time is NBA Jam I have to go with live. The thing about basketball games is I only play them with friends over, they are boring single player cause the Computer player just holds the ball for 23 seconds than shoots it.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by ghettosermon
                  Since my favorite basketball game all time is NBA Jam I have to go with live.
                  what about Bill Lambier's Combat Basketball....thats everyones favorite?

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

the 2k franchise has only 1 advantage on ea sports... that is in basketball

Go Ravens!

Comment

I thought live was as good as its ever been last year its gameplay was very solid. Didnt play 2K though. I dont buy non EA games.

Comment

2k7, Live is too complicated. I don't have the patience to master the controls. I like the complexity of Madden, but when I'm playing a bball vid game, I wanna be able to just pick up the controller and have fun. Football is more of a thinking man's game, so I can understand and appreciate the complexity of Madden. Bball is a simple game, no need to make the video game so damn complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          2k7, Live is too complicated. I don't have the patience to master the controls. I like the complexity of Madden, but when I'm playing a bball vid game, I wanna be able to just pick up the controller and have fun. Football is more of a thinking man's game, so I can understand and appreciate the complexity of Madden. Bball is a simple game, no need to make the video game so damn complicated.

I didnt find it complicated at all. What was so hard?

Comment

Originally posted by transcendent

It takes a couple of games to really get down. The controls are a lot more intricate than the 2K series. You can pick up the controller in 2k and work like 3 buttons and have a good time. For live, you gotta know how to use all 8 buttons and when to use em. Its nice when you spend time learning it, but I just wanna play a simple bball game. I got much more enjoyment out of the 2k series, it was simpler and funner to me. Just work the right analog stick and pass or shoot. Simple and still fun.

Comment

Originally posted by transcendent

It takes a couple of games to really get down. The controls are a lot more intricate than the 2K series. You can pick up the controller in 2k and work like 3 buttons and have a good time. For live, you gotta know how to use all 8 buttons and when to use em. Its nice when you spend time learning it, but I just wanna play a simple bball game. I got much more enjoyment out of the 2k series, it was simpler and funner to me. Just work the right analog stick and pass or shoot. Simple and still fun.
                              THats funny because the controls are way more complicated in the 2k series. Knowing how to do crossovers and stuff took a while for me to figure out with last years. Live is way more cut and dry IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information