Rock Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Thread

If Rap gets its own thread, then this should be a thread. I am a large rock music aficionado. I like a wide ranging spectrum of music. Since there are dozens, and dozens of sub-genres, pretty much anything that isn't country, death metal, or rap, should apply.

EDIT:

70s

Queen
    Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin

80s

Joy Division
    Guns N Roses
    The Cure

90s-00s

Rage Against the Machine
    At the Drive-In
    Porcupine Tree
    The Mars Volta
    Tool

Now that this thread has kicked off, I've narrowed down the list to more accurately portray my taste.
    Last edited by Shiver; 07-30-2007, 04:51 PM.

Everybody knows that the greatest rock band of the past 15 years is Soundgarden, and all time it's Rush. End. Of. Discussion. :)
    The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
      u2? rhcp? blech.
      I don't like them that much, in all honesty. I was just typing whatever I had readily available in my CD Case. Besides, they are popular, so that should be a catalyst for discussion.

Comment

Metamorphic is my favorite.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I'm not even a music fan, and yet I've recently gotten this weird addiction to Bohemian Rhapsody. I became randomly curious in the song, checked it up on Youtube, and bam. Same thing has happened to me and Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This).

So I've had this recent rock infusion to my diet.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Metamorphic is my favorite.
            No way. Igneous is the shizz.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              80s

Queen
              Pink Floyd
              Joy Division
              Faith No More
              Depeche Mode
              U2
              The Cure
              Those are some of my favs too, 80's is my fav music era. Other 80's groups I like are Danzig, Slayer, The Smiths/Morrissey, Misfits/Samhain, Megadeth Sisters of Mercy, Motorhead Christian Death, The Church, and a bunch of other stuff I know i'm missing.

The new bands I like are Tiger Army, Tv on the Radio, Bloc Party, Modest Mouse and West of Everything.

Comment

Right now it's hard to talk about Rock music because it's been split into so many sub genres of music. But my favorite bands right now have to be The Kooks, Say Anything, Bloc Party, and The Shins

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                  I'm not even a music fan, and yet I've recently gotten this weird addiction to Bohemian Rhapsody. I became randomly curious in the song, checked it up on Youtube, and bam. Same thing has happened to me and Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This).

So I've had this recent rock infusion to my diet.
                  That is such a stellar song. The operatic section that transitions into the hard rock was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
                    Those are some of my favs too, 80's is my fav music era. Other 80's groups I like are Danzig, Slayer, The Smiths/Morrissey, Misfits/Samhain, Megadeth Sisters of Mercy, Motorhead Christian Death, The Church, and a bunch of other stuff I know i'm missing.

The new bands I like are Tiger Army, Tv on the Radio, Bloc Party, Modest Mouse and West of Everything.

Good call, I'm hooked on them, but I'm not sure they'd really be called Rock music.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                      Right now it's hard to talk about Rock music because it's been split into so many sub genres of music. But my favorite bands right now have to be The Kooks, Say Anything, Bloc Party, and The Shins
                      That's true, especially as of late. I listen to most of it. I like a lot of it, except for metal, screamo, and ridiculous Dashboard Confessional-esque emo.

Comment

I used to love Less than Jake (as I know njx did as well) untill they became Blink 182/ Sugar Ray. Their new album makes me want to kill them so as to not disgrace their previously good name. Now when I tell people they are my favorite band I have to qualify that with, before they turned into poppy garbage that 14 year olds listen to on myspace.

Ugh...end rant.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                          i wouldn't have posted, but i figured it would get someone to post back about how great those bands are and how deaf i am (or something to that effect).

whoever posted rush should donate their ear drums to science. you clearly don't need them anymore.
                          Well he balanced it out with Soundgarden IMO. Chris Cornell is one of the more underappreciated lead singers of this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            I used to love Less than Jake (as I know njx did as well) untill they became Blink 182/ Sugar Ray. Their new album makes me want to kill them so as to not disgrace their previously good name. Now when I tell people they are my favorite band I have to qualify that with, before they turned into poppy garbage that 14 year olds listen to on myspace.

Ugh...end rant.
                            The opposite of that is Brand New. They started out as mediocre at best, pop-punk band. Their last CD, The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me, was fantastic.

Comment

Are we calling heavy metal and hardcore derivatives of rock or is it worthy of it's own section?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information