A Proposition, A Theory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Proposition, A Theory

We know what Godwin's Law is. "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one".

I propose the creation of a new one.

"As a sports-related conversation grows longer, the probability of a joke involving the prison record of Bengals players approaches one".

Discuss.

Not good. .

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's an interesting theory...if we set B (Bengal) equal to f(x), we get f(x) 5, 6, ... , 7 -> B, therefore it can be proven somewhat.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

The number of new posters is proportional to the number of idiotic threads that waste people's time.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
          We know what Godwin's Law is. "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one".

I propose the creation of a new one.

"As a sports-related conversation grows longer, the probability of a joke involving the prison record of Bengals players approaches one".

Discuss.
          100% true.
          ...although I'm willing to bet that the amount of people who have the free time to know what Goodwin's Law isn't very high.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

The number of prison related Bengal jokes will be proportionally related until the number of days/months/years we are removed from these incidents. The determining factor in this equation is time, because it is proven in sports and sports discussions that as the amount of time increases past these incidents the number of people reciting them decreases. Hence when a drug related incident in sports happens you here less and less "Doc" Gooden and/or Darryl Strawberry references. Sports is a "what have you done for me lately" topic so as soon as others have incidents the Bengals references will become "back page news" so to speak.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
              The number of new posters is proportional to the number of idiotic threads that waste people's time.
              it is also inversely proportional to the number of quality posters on the site and directly proportional to the number of said posters that leave the site because of the idiocy.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                Don't forget our resident stalwarts like Giant Rutger Fan

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information