Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
    Without a doubt he should.
    QFT. The guy is arguably the best baseball player EVER.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

He's a first ballot hall of famer, absolutely no question. He isn't Sammy Sosa or Mark McGwire, he was a tremendous player before the steriods and had great power, great speed, and was a great fielder. He's one of the all time greats, and I just don't see how he isn't a first ballot hall of famer.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I saw a Barry Bonds in the old movie Rookie of the Year. That was funny.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

Should he be inducted?
          No. No proffesional athlete who does drugs, especially to cheat, should ever be inducted in a Hall Of Fame and should be immeediately fined and suspended for a much larger time than what they do.

Will he be inducted?
          Yes. No one who cheats should go in, but since he broke some records and has a oretty big fan base he will get in.

Comment

barry bonds is a faget even without using the roids.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur
              He's a first ballot hall of famer, absolutely no question. He isn't Sammy Sosa or Mark McGwire, he was a tremendous player before the steriods and had great power, great speed, and was a great fielder. He's one of the all time greats, and I just don't see how he isn't a first ballot hall of famer.
              Yeah, most people don't realize, if you reduce his numbers from '01-'06 to his average numbers from the rest of his career, he still passes Willie Mays, although the average is kind of iffy.

Comment

I vote for him having a stroke before he is eligible.

Comment

1st - Why is it assumed that only hitters took steroids? Pitchers have just as much to gain. It's funny that people dismiss steroid allegations when it regards Roger Clemens, who ressurected his career, playing 10+ more years than the Red Sox thought he could. Playing his best baseball late in his career, even though he is a power pitcher. Hmmm...

2nd - I believe factors such as smaller strike zones, watered down pitching, better technology including juiced balls and bats and smaller ballparks where just as influencial as steroids for the home run era.

3rd - Before he allegedly took steroids, he was already arguably the best player in baseball. Personally, if GoS is accurate, can he really be blamed for steroid use when everyone else around him was using? It's hypocritical, he is singled out, when everybody else was on it.

Comment

Ken Griffey Jr. was widely considered the best player in baseball before 2001, but I get your point.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                      Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                      Without a doubt he should.
                      QFT. The guy is arguably the best baseball player EVER.
                      dude come on your honestly saying barry bonds is on the same level as guys guys like mantle, Ruth, aaron, dimaggio, Ect?? I don't care about any stats you can show me Barry bonds is nowhere close to players like that. AND HE CHEATED. did any of those guys use roids? i think not.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12
                        But seriously, look at the card.

I have like 5 of that card, so for the sake of me being able to sell them, yes he should make the HOF.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                          2nd - I believe factors such as smaller strike zones, watered down pitching, better technology including juiced balls and bats and smaller ballparks where just as influencial as steroids for the home run era.
                          Perhaps, but of those influences, only one is illegal, first in baseball and secondly is a federal offense. Everyone else has those same smaller strikezones, watered down pitching, better technology and juiced balls, but not everyone has Victor Conte, Gary Anderson, and "flax seed oil" and "arthritic balm."

Originally posted by Shiver
                          3rd - Before he allegedly took steroids, he was already arguably the best player in baseball. Personally, if GoS is accurate, can he really be blamed for steroid use when everyone else around him was using? It's hypocritical, he is singled out, when everybody else was on it.
                          Actually this is not true. I remember in about 1999 I got a Topps Mystery Finest Refractors card of Barry Bonds and I was so stoked. I showed it to my friend's dad and this clearly stuck in my head "That's cool, but he's not a superstar. He's pretty good, but he's not great." So I asked him if he thought he would get in the Hall of Fame and he responded "I don't know, it's kinda iffy. If I were in charge, I wouldn't let him in. He's not elite."

It's not so much that I think this guy's word is absolute truth, but it's indicative of his popularity and ability at that time. He truly wasn't a great of his time until he went on steroids. Frank Thomas, Ken Griffey Jr. and even Juan Gonzalez, Alex Rodriguez and Manny Ramirez were above him in terms of production and popularity. (not to mention fellow likely 'roider Mark McGwire)

Take a look at it. Seriously. How many times was Barry Bonds even in the top 2 in HRs before 2001? Once when he led the league with 46 in 1993. The guy was good, but not great. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people here are 14 or 15 years old and can't really remember much of sports before the turn of the century, but Bonds was marginally top 10 of his time before the 'roids.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

I just thought every one should know that Barry Bonds has hit 50 HR once in his career, not that should have an impact on his HOF status.

Comment

Barry Bonds will make the HOF. No doubts bouts it. I'm sure Pedro Gomez will find a way...

Comment

Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
                                Barry Bonds will make the HOF. No doubts bouts it. I'm sure Pedro Gomez will find a way...
                                I think we have a new nominee for the homer thread...

Pedro Gomez!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information