Tuscaloosa, Alabama...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuscaloosa, Alabama...

Just wondering if anybody has been to or lived in Tuscaloosa. If so, what were you impressions? Did you like the city? Was it considerably violent or expensive or uninteresting or anything???

The reason that I ask is because there's a good chance that'll I'll be moving there to further my education sometime in the near future; so I'm looking for all the insight I can get as to the city of Tuscaloosa itself...

Seriously...any help/opinions on the city would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

Keyword, Alabama.

I used to live in the panhandle of FL and would venture into AL for various reasons. It may just be the most god forsaken place on the planet. Montgomery isn't bad, and Auburn is a college town, but other than that most places are pretty redneck (not neccessarily a bad thing depending). If you go to Birmingham, plan on getting shot.

...oh yeah, the question.

Tuscaloosa, never spent much time there, but as far as could tell it was just your average town. University of Alambama is there, but there really isn't anything special about. Like any place in the south there are a lot of civil war and civil rights museums and stuff. Not sure about safety, but nothing indicated it was a dangerous place, just average.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy G View Post
      Keyword, Alabama.

I used to live in the panhandle of FL and would venture into AL for various reasons. It may just be the most god forsaken place on the planet. Montgomery isn't bad, and Auburn is a college town, but other than that most places are pretty redneck (not neccessarily a bad thing depending). If you go to Birmingham, plan on getting shot.

Tuscaloosa, never spent much time there, but as far as could tell it was just your average town. University of Alambama is there, but there really isn't anything special about. Like any place in the south there are a lot of civil war and civil rights museums and stuff. Not sure about safety, but nothing indicated it was a dangerous place, just average.
      Thanks for the opinions...

I've been to Birmingham once for a wedding, but it wasn't enough to form an opinion on Alabama as a whole. I'm from TN, so I assume that it's not TOO much different.

If Tuscaloosa is just an average town, then I can deal with that (as I've lived most of my life in smaller, average towns). And I'm not much of a socialite or party-animal or anything, so if it's "boring," that's fine by me too. I just don't want to move to a place where I have to be in constant fear of being shot/mugged/etc., if that makes sense...

Comment

You're worried about being shot/mugged in Tuscaloosa? Dude try living in Detroit, Cleveland, or Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
          You're worried about being shot/mugged in Tuscaloosa? Dude try living in Detroit, Cleveland, or Dallas.
          True...

I worry about getting shot/mugged, in general. Like Woody Allen says: "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens..."

Comment

or L.A., or Compton.
            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Chi Town!!
              I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

I hear Detroit is rough at times

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy G View Post
                  Keyword, Alabama.

How is Auburn? I've only been there once and didn't really travel around a lot. That's the one thing I am worried is the location.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    I hear Detroit is rough at times
                    Prince George County

DC used to be...

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                      How is Auburn? I've only been there once and didn't really travel around a lot. That's the one thing I am worried is the location.

Auburn is, well, Auburn because that is pretty much all that is there. However if your a NASCAR fan Talledega isn't too far away...lol

The town is focused around the university. Kind of in the middle of no where though. Typical college town. Think Gainsville, Athens Georgia etc...

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Ward, have you ever been to Detroit?

Just curious . . .
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          Ward, have you ever been to Detroit?

Just curious . . .
                          No, nor Cleveland. I made that statement based off of crime rates.

Comment

Originally posted by MicktheGreat View Post
                            Just wondering if anybody has been to or lived in Tuscaloosa. If so, what were you impressions? Did you like the city? Was it considerably violent or expensive or uninteresting or anything???

The reason that I ask is because there's a good chance that'll I'll be moving there to further my education sometime in the near future; so I'm looking for all the insight I can get as to the city of Tuscaloosa itself...

Seriously...any help/opinions on the city would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...
                            Yeah actually one of my relatives lived there and I visited about 2 years ago. I loved the city but not much to do all i did down there was Eat and went to the see the College because I was considering Alabama after my 2 yrs at the Community College im going too. They have one place there i loved and it was called Dreamland it was a BBQ Rib Place Mm it was good and i hate BBQ Sauce. I was there with family so i didnt see much of the College Life stuff but i saw the Mall which was nice and a book store. The worst thing was the trip which was 14 hour drive from New York.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                              Yeah actually one of my relatives lived there and I visited about 2 years ago. I loved the city but not much to do all i did down there was Eat and went to the see the College because I was considering Alabama after my 2 yrs at the Community College im going too. They have one place there i loved and it was called Dreamland it was a BBQ Rib Place Mm it was good and i hate BBQ Sauce. I was there with family so i didnt see much of the College Life stuff but i saw the Mall which was nice and a book store. The worst thing was the trip which was 14 hour drive from New York.
                              Eh, where do you live in NY? What CC did you go to? I was looking at Erie CC? any thoughts on it...football wise?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information