Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oden to enter NBA draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oden to enter NBA draft

    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...35/1004/SPORTS

    I didnt see this anywhere yet.

    I think he's making a mistake.

    Thanks BoneKrusher^

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

  • #2
    im so proud of him

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...35/1004/SPORTS

      I didnt see this anywhere yet.

      I think he's making a mistake.
      Why? He is guaranteed the #1 or #2 pick this year. Matt Leinart comes to my mind and I was a guy supportive of him coming back for his senior year, but he fell from 1 to 9. This guy depending who is drafting #1 is either #1 or #2, he can't get much worse than that. So yeah, if he were to come out after a great year next year, he would be guaranteed #1, but he is an injury away from saying bye-bye to #1 or #2.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by yodachu View Post
        Why? He is guaranteed the #1 or #2 pick this year. Matt Leinart comes to my mind and I was a guy supportive of him coming back for his senior year, but he fell from 1 to 9. This guy depending who is drafting #1 is either #1 or #2, he can't get much worse than that. So yeah, if he were to come out after a great year next year, he would be guaranteed #1, but he is an injury away from saying bye-bye to #1 or #2.
        Well, I'm not looking at the moeny aspect of it. I just dont think he's ready to come out. His game is not that rounded, his game will only benefit from staying another year or two but, of course his wallet will benefit from coming out now. Money isn't everything, he should have stayed.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Well, I'm not looking at the moeny aspect of it. I just dont think he's ready to come out. His game is not that rounded, his game will only benefit from staying another year or two but, of course his wallet will benefit from coming out now. Money isn't everything, he should have stayed.
          He'll get plenty of playing time in the NBA just based on his impact on the boards and his defensive abilities. His offensive game will come with time. People said the same things about Dwight Howard.

          Comment


          • #6
            Even with this year under his belt, I believe Howard was more polished at 18. Can Oden play in the league next year? Yes, but, spending another year at the college level would have been best for his development, IMO.

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • #7
              You know, I didn't really want him to go to Memphis, but that'd really be a great place for him. There or the Wolves so that he can be with a great PF early on in his career. Heck, even the Bucks wouldn't be that bad with Bogut and Redd there. The Suns would actually probably be bad for him with all the running and his lack of conditioning, and the Bobcats would be a dream come true for me.
              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

              Comment


              • #8
                His stock won't get any higher. It's the smart thing to do.
                Anyway, good news for my Celtics. It's just all up to luck now. Oden and Al Jefferson would be a beastly C/PF combination.

                R.I.P. Junior Seau

                Comment


                • #9
                  When your pretty much guarenteed the #1 or #2 overall pick worth 40 mill or so.....you take it...remember its guarenteed contracts so if he isnt the big ticket he has been hyped up to be...he gets a smaller contract next time and still has the big bucks underneath his belt...goo desicion IMO

                  Sig By Diehardvikingfan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think he gets chosen by the Celtics, even though I do feel that he would do better by staying college for at least one more year.

                    Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                    Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was hoping he would go with a Duncan esque decision and instead of taking the money go and refine his game for one more year. So, he would actually be a little more prepared to dive into the pro game.

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        As an OSU and Oden fan I'm kinda upset becuse now OSU will have to replace him and he is a guy that is nearly impossible to replace, but it's his decision and he is going to the NBA were I will follow him.
                        ________
                        Green Crack
                        Last edited by OSUGiants17; 05-10-2011, 08:50 PM.

                        SPLOOSH

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          gotta get the doe first. if he wanted to be a rally qualty player he schould of stayed and worlked on hiso ffence game. but he will turn pout really good. hope fully not a kwame brown. he ll be better than an emeca okafor probably.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jets future View Post
                            gotta get the doe first. if he wanted to be a really qualityplayer he should of stayed and worked on his offense game. but he will turn out really good. hope fully not a kwame brown. he ll be better than an emeka okafor probably.
                            lol i made a few corrections. why don't you use apostrophes???


                            I never heard the worst case K. Brown scenario though. That whould be a nightmare.....:(


                            ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

                            XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ESPN reported Connely and Dequan Cook may declare to. Connely I understand, but Cook? He had a terrible freshman season.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information