Chicago Wins 2016 Olympic Bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Wins 2016 Olympic Bid

Chicago beat out LA to be the representative from the United States for the 2016 Olympic Games. I guess we'll be going up against cities like Prague and Rome.

I really don't know our chances, but I assume they're pretty good. Being able to sell the Lake Front and Private Investing will help I bunch I think. The rendering for the Olympic Stadium is pretty cool IMO, although it'll only be temporary. I've heard that the Olympics coming to certain cities has had it's share of hardships in the aftermath, but Chicago is a very prosperous city and I think they'd do well with the Olympic Games.

No link but check out ESPN.com for more info. Go Chicago! :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Good stuff! I've been a big fan of Chicago since I went there two years ago.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I wanted DC/Baltimore to win 2012 olympics so bad. But good luck Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        I wanted DC/Baltimore to win 2012 olympics so bad. But good luck Chicago.
        Me too, but Chicago's cool too, but Green Bay would be better

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

dammmmmmmmm
          NY DESERVES IT MORE

WAtch me get nagative rep

Comment

Congrats, Chicago will have a hard act to follow in London, that's if London completes their redevelopment in time. It's a year behind apparently.
            Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
            #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

Originally posted by jets future View Post
              dammmmmmmmm
              NY DESERVES IT MORE

WAtch me get nagative rep
              Or you just had the Winter Games about 30 years ago. Maybe they want to give a new city a chance.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                Or you just had the Winter Games about 30 years ago. Maybe they want to give a new city a chance.
                umm i guess, but we lost the bid at 2012, and our last chance was 2016. prob 2020

Comment

A well-deserving city

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

wait, what is this for? where the olypics will be?

Comment

Thats cool, i guess

Comment

Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
                        wait, what is this for? where the olypics will be?
                        its for if the Olympics would be held in America, Chicago would be the city they were held in

Comment

umm i guess, but we lost the bid at 2012, and our last chance was 2016. prob 2020
                          yea because NY couldn't come up with money to support the Olympics after the U.S. nominated them...thereby making the U.S. looked stupid and NY only got like 16 votes, so they wanted to make sure the U.S. city is serious about it this time :D

also, they are saying Chicago has a good chance because by the time 2016 comes around, 2 european cities would have held Olympics and 1 Asian, so unless they choose Rio de Janero(sp?) then Chicago is looking pretty good...

Comment

And Chicago I don't believe has ever hosted an Olympics. If it were me, I'd choose Chicago over New York, but hey that's me.

:D

Comment

there were signs about this in chicago a month or two ago. im glad.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                              i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                              who dey?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information