No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This quite possibly be the death knell to ECW and maybe even professional wrestling as we know it. Lets face it things are not getting better but progressively worst and there is no competition to get improvement. There is no "next" Stone Cold, there is no Monday Night Wars, there is no original thinking, all there is left is politics and bottomlines! WWE has lost touch with the fans and continues to try and tell us what to cheer for thinking back to the 80's when they could do that. The business is no longer evolving as the fans do and its going to be the end of it. The WWE champ is booed and cheered so much no one knows what he is and is now being placed in a feud with a guy who couldn't cut it as the tag team 3 Count, no I haven't forgot that disaster, and is a basic generic knock off of Samoa Joe. For god sakes his finisher is a thumb jab to the throat, just get it over with and make it the finger poke of doom! ECW is a train wreck that just had a nuclear bomb detonated on it. RVD will not get a push because he got pulled over with some weed! Everyone has known he's a stoner for years! Sabu has become the homicidal, genocidal, suicidal jobber along with Tommy Dreamer and Sandman. These guys were the backbone of ECW and part of the reason there is still a fanbase for it. Put its all about Vince's politics and making money so we are the ones who have to suffer.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Is it possible Heyman jumps to TNA as a replacement for Cornette when he leaves?

Comment

• I still think it's a work. They are far too open as to why and how he was fired for me to think it's a shoot. Not to mention the article they had on the website where actual wrestlers were coming out in favor of firing him. I don't think so.

I think this may be a work to reconfigure Heyman as one of the original ECWers fighting against the McMahonism of his product. That's obviously a story line they've been leaning towards for a while, and this makes that much more sense.

Or maybe the WWE is just full of assholes.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819
          This quite possibly be the death knell to ECW and maybe even professional wrestling as we know it. Lets face it things are not getting better but progressively worst and there is no competition to get improvement. There is no "next" Stone Cold, there is no Monday Night Wars, there is no original thinking, all there is left is politics and bottomlines! WWE has lost touch with the fans and continues to try and tell us what to cheer for thinking back to the 80's when they could do that. The business is no longer evolving as the fans do and its going to be the end of it. The WWE champ is booed and cheered so much no one knows what he is and is now being placed in a feud with a guy who couldn't cut it as the tag team 3 Count, no I haven't forgot that disaster, and is a basic generic knock off of Samoa Joe. For god sakes his finisher is a thumb jab to the throat, just get it over with and make it the finger poke of doom! ECW is a train wreck that just had a nuclear bomb detonated on it. RVD will not get a push because he got pulled over with some weed! Everyone has known he's a stoner for years! Sabu has become the homicidal, genocidal, suicidal jobber along with Tommy Dreamer and Sandman. These guys were the backbone of ECW and part of the reason there is still a fanbase for it. Put its all about Vince's politics and making money so we are the ones who have to suffer.
          Lol. You act like the character of Samoa Joe is at all original either.

Oooh...an angry Samoan. Never seen that one before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Creek Lewis
            I've been a wrestling fan since I was 4 years old. I've wasted my entire life on this crap, so when someone doesn't know who Kayfabe is, it's my right to laugh and laugh at them. It's all I have. I'm so lonely.
            I agree with this. I had a good little chuckle at the kayfaybe thing... I remember back in the day, I was reading the NBA Jam instruction booklet and asked my dad what "Vice Versa" was, and he said he was a player for the Bulls.. So, it's always fun to poke fun at something like that..

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD
              Originally posted by Creek Lewis
              I've been a wrestling fan since I was 4 years old. I've wasted my entire life on this crap, so when someone doesn't know who Kayfabe is, it's my right to laugh and laugh at them. It's all I have. I'm so lonely.
              I agree with this. I had a good little chuckle at the kayfaybe thing... I remember back in the day, I was reading the NBA Jam instruction booklet and asked my dad what "Vice Versa" was, and he said he was a player for the Bulls.. So, it's always fun to poke fun at something like that..
              My picture of Karl Marx looks more like Santa than your picture of Santa.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                Originally posted by Lions WMD
                Originally posted by Creek Lewis
                My picture of Karl Marx looks more like Santa than your picture of Santa.
                Tell Marx to cut his damn beard then.

Comment

• The Big Show is Done.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/bigshowtimeoff

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819
                    This quite possibly be the death knell to ECW and maybe even professional wrestling as we know it. Lets face it things are not getting better but progressively worst and there is no competition to get improvement. There is no "next" Stone Cold, there is no Monday Night Wars, there is no original thinking, all there is left is politics and bottomlines! WWE has lost touch with the fans and continues to try and tell us what to cheer for thinking back to the 80's when they could do that. The business is no longer evolving as the fans do and its going to be the end of it. The WWE champ is booed and cheered so much no one knows what he is and is now being placed in a feud with a guy who couldn't cut it as the tag team 3 Count, no I haven't forgot that disaster, and is a basic generic knock off of Samoa Joe. For god sakes his finisher is a thumb jab to the throat, just get it over with and make it the finger poke of doom! ECW is a train wreck that just had a nuclear bomb detonated on it. RVD will not get a push because he got pulled over with some weed! Everyone has known he's a stoner for years! Sabu has become the homicidal, genocidal, suicidal jobber along with Tommy Dreamer and Sandman. These guys were the backbone of ECW and part of the reason there is still a fanbase for it. Put its all about Vince's politics and making money so we are the ones who have to suffer.

So here we go again huh bearsfan. I'm not saying that Joe is an original character, I'm saying there is a lack of character development.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819

So here we go again huh bearsfan. I'm not saying that Joe is an original character, I'm saying there is a lack of character development.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• TNA is on tonight can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat420
                          TNA is on tonight can't wait.
                          Their product kicks the crap out of anything that WWE is doing. I watched ECW the other night and it's the same thing that RAW is doing. I had to flip the channel. When I watched Impact! the other day, the wrestling was good, I could tune out Don West, and then they had some pretty funny statement with Kevin Nash, Alex Shelley, and pee in a cup.

The only TNA needs to do is let AJ Styles do his talking in the ring like the way old ECW had Chris Benoit do. Styles was, is, and will always be horrible at promos.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule
                            Originally posted by Splat420
                            TNA is on tonight can't wait.
                            Their product kicks the crap out of anything that WWE is doing. I watched ECW the other night and it's the same thing that RAW is doing. I had to flip the channel. When I watched Impact! the other day, the wrestling was good, I could tune out Don West, and then they had some pretty funny statement with Kevin Nash, Alex Shelley, and pee in a cup.

The only TNA needs to do is let AJ Styles do his talking in the ring like the way old ECW had Chris Benoit do. Styles was, is, and will always be horrible at promos.
                            I agree with all of that and this is coming from a huge WWE fan but TNA is just putting out a better show as of now and yes AJ should never talk but he is a stud in the ring. They have just killed ECW I new it would not be like it was back in the day but they just killed it it was starting to get better but now it is just going down hill fast.

Comment

• Since Lashley won the title does that offically make him an ECW man?

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

• Originally posted by portermvp84
                                Since Lashley won the title does that offically make him an ECW man?
                                Ya he is on the ECW roster list he won't be back on SD the rumor was the guy that does the story line for SD and BL don't get along.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information