Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phrost View Post
    anyone lose theirs?
    The Hardyz lost the tag belts in a match that mcmahon made after he had gone crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
      Well, youre right. WWE is a billion dollar company. TNA ismply isnt. No one else is.

On the wrestlers, a lot go to TNA because the schedule is so much lighter. In WWE, they do house shows 3+ times a week, plus TV shows, plus PPV's. TNA has tapings for 3 weeks of shows at a time, an occasional house show, and PPV's. So they go for lighter schedules.

Also, some hold grudges against MCMahon and the wwe, and would love to help a competitor de-throne them.

Theres a lot of reasons. Christian went there because the WWE wasnt utilizing him right, Angle went there for the lighter schedule and because he and mcmahon had a falling out.
      So McMahon really is a dick? Not just the character?

Comment

So McMahon really is a dick? Not just the character?
        That depends on who you ask. A lot of wrestlers love him, a lot of wrestlers hate him. He will screw over someone though, if he feels its right for business. He always puts business first. not to say thats bad, thats how he became so successful. Angle claims that he needed time off so that he could heal all his lingering injuries, but McMahon wouldnt let him take time off because he was one of the main draws at the time. That is understandable from McMahons perspective, but you can also see why Angle is unhappy there.

Comment

That depends on who you ask. A lot of wrestlers love him, a lot of wrestlers hate him. He will screw over someone though, if he feels its right for business. He always puts business first. not to say thats bad, thats how he became so successful. Angle claims that he needed time off so that he could heal all his lingering injuries, but McMahon wouldnt let him take time off because he was one of the main draws at the time. That is understandable from McMahons perspective, but you can also see why Angle is unhappy there.
          I thought McMahon let him go because he didn't want Angle to kill himself at the rate he's going (and Angle probably will be dead within the next decade).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            I thought McMahon let him go because he didn't want Angle to kill himself at the rate he's going (and Angle probably will be dead within the next decade).
            Well, I wasnt talking about when he let him go. I assume that parts of both stories about that are right though. Angle should have taken more time off, but its really a cloudy story on both fronts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              Why will Angle be dead?

Comment

Why will Angle be dead?
                A lot of injuries. Late in his WWE career he had painkiller addictions from never resting and always going out there and trying to make every match a huge match. Theres a lot more to it, but thats part of it.

Comment

A lot of injuries. Late in his WWE career he had painkiller addictions from never resting and always going out there and trying to make every match a huge match. Theres a lot more to it, but thats part of it.
                  I heard his name was listed in the BALCO testimony for steroids

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    I heard his name was listed in the BALCO testimony for steroids
                    Yea, a LOT of wrestlers were. Angle said they were for his numerous broken necks. But this all happened before there was a wellness program in the WWE.

Comment

• "numerous broken necks"

jesus christ...

Comment

Yea, a LOT of wrestlers were. Angle said they were for his numerous broken necks. But this all happened before there was a wellness program in the WWE.
                        You have to take some of the wrestlers named in the steroid controversaries with grains of salt because many of them were recovering from neck surgeries and its typical to be on steroids for that medical issue.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

"numerous broken necks"

jesus christ...
                          He won an Olympic Gold Medal with a broken freakin neck :P
                          Last edited by comahan; 06-21-2007, 10:00 PM.

Comment

He won an Olympic Gold Medal with a broken freakin neck :P

He was also out for a lot of 02 for another neck injury.
                            God how I love the catchphrase! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

• Different subject, but heres the botch on ECW that almost broke CM Punk's neck, and almost snapped Marcus Cor Von's leg.

Comment

Different subject, but heres the botch on ECW that almost broke CM Punk's neck, and almost snapped Marcus Cor Von's leg.

Yeah Cor Von really botched that move and both are lucky to be alright. I was watching that and when I saw that I was like "Holy ****"! Thats not what CM Punk or ECW need right now.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information