X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Chris Benoit
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      See the previous PowerPlant only creating stiff bodybuilders with no mic skills comment posted earlier.
      Well, acctually Goldberg was a damn good athlete, but you're right about the mic skills.

My biggest problem with Goldberg was that he was pushed to the top without "paying his dues".

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
        Well, acctually Goldberg was a damn good athlete, but you're right about the mic skills.

My biggest problem with Goldberg was that he was pushed to the top without "paying his dues".
        Ask Bret Hart if he wasn't a stiff worker? And yes you right about his push being unwarranted.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Ask Bret Hart if he wasn't a stiff worker? And yes you right about his push being unwarranted.
          He did just come in and dominate everyone from the get go though, I never really got that.

Comment

Yeah, he injured Bret with that kick, but it happend because of his inexperience, not lack of athletic ability.

Comment

Yeah, he injured Bret with that kick, but it happend because of his inexperience, not lack of athletic ability.
              Stiff Bodybuilder = Inexperience in the ring, kind of obvious. All the previous posts are coming full circle.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

See the previous PowerPlant only creating stiff bodybuilders with no mic skills comment posted earlier.
                You mean this?

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                Yeah the Power Plant was a joke at developing stars. All it did was create bodybuilders who were stiff and weak on the mic
                So, Goldberg wasn't a star? He was probably the most over wrestler with fans in history after Hogan, Austin and probably The Rock. Did he pay his dues, did he have mic skills? No, but that's not my point. The Power Plant "developed" one of the biggest stars in the history of wrestling in Bill Goldberg. He was a lot better worker than he gets credit for, too. Love him or hate him, don't tell me you didn't mark out when he beat Hogan for the title on Nitro.

By the way, John Cena didn't exactly pay his dues. He's been forced down the throats of fans every bit as much as Goldberg; the only difference being Goldberg was a hell of a lot more popular with fans.
                The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                  You mean this?

So, Goldberg wasn't a star? He was probably the most over wrestler with fans in history after Hogan, Austin and probably The Rock. Did he pay his dues, did he have mic skills? No, but that's not my point. The Power Plant "developed" one of the biggest stars in the history of wrestling in Bill Goldberg. He was a lot better worker than he gets credit for, too. Love him or hate him, don't tell me you didn't mark out when he beat Hogan for the title on Nitro.

By the way, John Cena didn't exactly pay his dues. He's been forced down the throats of fans every bit as much as Goldberg; the only difference being Goldberg was a hell of a lot more popular with fans.
                  John Cena put in a lot of hard work in OVW as the Prototype

Comment

You mean this?

Wow are you ready to be proven wrong? If not then don't read this:

First of all the post you quoted from SuperKevin was a sentiment that I share as well, Goldberg was a stiff bodybuilder type, and had no mic skills. And before you start grumbling, saying "You're Next!" is not equivalent to great mic skills.

Secondly, the same reason you're bashing John Cena for being "forced down the throats of fans" is the same exact reason Goldberg got over.

And lastly, you are totally wrong in your assumption that John Cena never paid his dues. He actually came up in the wrestling industry from childhood, his father his heavily involved with local territories in the New England area not to mention that Cena was in developmental territories for years wrestling as The Prototype in UPW and OVW notably. Cena paid his dues and gives back to the industry, unlike your boy Goldberg.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                      John Cena put in a lot of hard work in OVW as the Prototype
                      wasnt he in a royal rumble in 04?
                      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Undertaker get a VERY quick push also?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Undertaker get a VERY quick push also?
                          Undertaker wrestled in WCW as Mean Mark Callous prior to joining the WWF. Our issue with Goldberg isn't the fact that he recieved a quick push, its the fact that he recieved such a push without ever stepping in a wrestling ring

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                            Undertaker wrestled in WCW as Mean Mark Callous prior to joining the WWF
                            Thanks for correcting me. :)

Comment

Wow are you ready to be proven wrong? If not then don't read this:
                              Haha, cute.

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                              First of all the post you quoted from SuperKevin was a sentiment that I share as well, Goldberg was a stiff bodybuilder type, and had no mic skills. And before you start grumbling, saying "You're Next!" is not equivalent to great mic skills.
                              Before you started grumbling, you should have taken the time to READ everything I posted:
                              Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                              Did he pay his dues, did he have mic skills? No, but that's not my point. The Power Plant "developed" one of the biggest stars in the history of wrestling in Bill Goldberg.

Secondly, the same reason you're bashing John Cena for being "forced down the throats of fans" is the same exact reason Goldberg got over.
                              Sigh... once again:
                              Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                              Do you have ANY comprehension skills whatsoever? Anything? Both were forced down the throats of fans. Yes, that sure is the reason why Goldberg got over. But Cena hasn't come close to reaching Goldberg's popularity, and he's been forced down throats every bit as much as Goldberg was. Can you really argue against that?

And lastly, you are totally wrong in your assumption that John Cena never paid his dues. He actually came up in the wrestling industry from childhood, his father his heavily involved with local territories in the New England area not to mention that Cena was in developmental territories for years wrestling as The Prototype in UPW and OVW notably. Cena paid his dues and gives back to the industry, unlike your boy Goldberg.
                              Okay, I didn't make myself completely clear; I thought you would be able to catch on to what I was getting at, but obviously I overrated your ability to do so. Cena definitely paid his dues before he got to the WWE, something Goldberg never had to do before joining WCW: This is a 100% true statement. BUT, Cena never paid his dues IN WWE. Hell, his first ever match was a highly competitive one with an already established superstar in Kurt Angle, in which Angle pretty much put him over. I honestly don't care about what Cena did before he made it to the WWE; it is irrelevant to the point at hand. Look at guys like Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Edge, JBL, hell even HHH. They all paid dues on the active roster before they got main event pushes. All I'm saying is that, much like Goldberg, Cena never had to do that.

I find it so very funny that you left me rep claiming that I was the uninformed one...
                              The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Haha, cute.

Before you started grumbling, you should have taken the time to READ everything I posted:

Sigh... once again:

Do you have ANY comprehension skills whatsoever? Anything? Both were forced down the throats of fans. Yes, that sure is the reason why Goldberg got over. But Cena hasn't come close to reaching Goldberg's popularity, and he's been forced down throats every bit as much as Goldberg was. Can you really argue against that?

Okay, I didn't make myself completely clear; I thought you would be able to catch on to what I was getting at, but obviously I overrated your ability to do so. Cena definitely paid his dues before he got to the WWE, something Goldberg never had to do before joining WCW: This is a 100% true statement. BUT, Cena never paid his dues IN WWE. Hell, his first ever match was a highly competitive one with an already established superstar in Kurt Angle, in which Angle pretty much put him over. I honestly don't care about what Cena did before he made it to the WWE; it is irrelevant to the point at hand. Look at guys like Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Edge, JBL, hell even HHH. They all paid dues on the active roster before they got main event pushes. All I'm saying is that, much like Goldberg, Cena never had to do that.

I find it so very funny that you left me rep claiming that I was the uninformed one...
                                Yes but the WWE wanted to reward someone for progressing so well in their farm league the OVW. They pushed Cena as a message to all the other guys working in OVW that hard work will get you rewarded

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information