No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truthfully I'd like to see a Flair/Orton match at Mania for the Title. Let Ric get title reign #17 and then at Backlash let Randy cement his "Legend Killer" status by ending the illustrious career of Ric Flair and winning back the Title.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• I'm thinking Triple H/Orton, HBK/Flair, and Edge/Undertaker will be the big matches at Wrestlemania.

I'd like to see MVP/Matt Hardy, Jericho/Kennedy, and a CM Punk/Shelton Benjamin match would be glorious!

Umaga and Jeff Hardy have good chemistry together too.. They could pull off a good match.. I'm thinking they'll go with a Batista/JBL match too.. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Lashley, Santino, Kane, and Rey Mysterio as well.

Comment

• Wasn't a Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat WrestleMania getting kicked around?

I'd mark out.

I'd honestly like to see them give the belt to Slick Ric one more time, too. He doesn't have to keep it long, I just want to see them do it as a way of thanking him for everything hes done for the business.

Comment

• I see alot of people talking about "marking out" , what does that mean? Maybe I'm too old and out of the loop but I've been wondering this since I first posted in this thread a long ass time ago.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
            I see alot of people talking about "marking out" , what does that mean? Maybe I'm too old and out of the loop but I've been wondering this since I first posted in this thread a long ass time ago.
            Marking out is essentially when you cheer or get exceptionally excited for an event as if it were real, even though you know it to be fake.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• rumor is WWE is talking to Rock to appear on the Raw special in a couple weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Marking out is essentially when you cheer or get exceptionally excited for an event as if it were real, even though you know it to be fake.
                Ah, I gotcha. Thanks man.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                  rumor is WWE is talking to Rock to appear on the Raw special in a couple weeks
                  That would be real nice if that would happen. I don't know if I want him around full time anymore, but the nostalgia effect would be tremendous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                    I'm thinking Triple H/Orton, HBK/Flair, and Edge/Undertaker will be the big matches at Wrestlemania.

I'd like to see MVP/Matt Hardy, Jericho/Kennedy, and a CM Punk/Shelton Benjamin match would be glorious!

Umaga and Jeff Hardy have good chemistry together too.. They could pull off a good match.. I'm thinking they'll go with a Batista/JBL match too.. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Lashley, Santino, Kane, and Rey Mysterio as well.
                    Your matches look good. I think Flair will likely end up facing either HBK or McMahon himself (or possibly a heel of McMahon's choosing...I'm thinking maybe Lashley). If they don't do that I'm thinking Batista-Lashley (you can tell I'm pretty convinced Lashley will make a heel turn).

The Jericho/Kennedy match would be good but if HBK isn't being used against Flair I'd like to see him included. That would be a threeway gem.

Comment

• Apa Is Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Well, TNA went head to head with ECW last night, which always gets people interested in who will win the ratings.

TNA scored a 1.1
                        ECW scored a 0.6

Good for TNA for not losing viewers. I don't see how this wasn't expected though. Not because TNA has a better show necessarily, but because of the date change. Last time ECW went to a different night I believe they scored a similar rating. So it seems as though the different programs have totally different audiences.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                          Well, TNA went head to head with ECW last night, which always gets people interested in who will win the ratings.

TNA scored a 1.1
                          ECW scored a 0.6

Good for TNA for not losing viewers. I don't see how this wasn't expected though. Not because TNA has a better show necessarily, but because of the date change. Last time ECW went to a different night I believe they scored a similar rating. So it seems as though the different programs have totally different audiences.
                          The WWF must be planning to do away with the ECW brand in the near future because there is no way they expect to win the ratings battle with TNA

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                            The WWF must be planning to do away with the ECW brand in the near future because there is no way they expect to win the ratings battle with TNA
                            I think that had to do with the fact that ECW was moved to a different time slot. Programs never do well when moved, and the WWE did a bad job of advertising that.

Either way, they just got another year from the Sci-Fi network so if they cancel it, it won't be immediate. I personally don't watch much of anything besides Raw, but I like the general idea of having a televised training ground where they can develop talent, which is essentially what ECW is.

ECW averages over a 1.0, which for 10pm on the Sci-Fi network is very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                              It was moved to Thursday because of Sci Fi showing a special of some kind. It'll be back on Tuesday's again next week.

Although, I believe the 2 will go head to head again not to long from now due to another Sci Fi special.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                I think that had to do with the fact that ECW was moved to a different time slot. Programs never do well when moved, and the WWE did a bad job of advertising that.

Either way, they just got another year from the Sci-Fi network so if they cancel it, it won't be immediate. I personally don't watch much of anything besides Raw, but I like the general idea of having a televised training ground where they can develop talent, which is essentially what ECW is.

ECW averages over a 1.0, which for 10pm on the Sci-Fi network is very good.
                                Yea, thats very good for cable network at 9. Thats the same reason that Spike is so thrilled at TNA's numbers. Original programming every week that draws a 1+ during primetime hours is really nice to have when youre a network like Sci Fi and Spike.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information