Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
    I got tickets to the Night of Champions PPV in Dallas on June 29. Does anyone know what matches will be on the card or is it too soon to tell? Either way I'm pretty excited as I haven't been to a show since 2000 and it's essentially my birthday gift.
    It's probably going to be the ECW champ vs the Raw champ vs the Smackdown champ, the US champ vs the IC champ, the two tag champion facing off, and so forth.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Thanks guys, I hope to see a mixture of the legends I grew up watching like Taker and Shawn and the best younger guys like Orton Jericho cm punk etc.

Comment

• I haven't watched wrestling since Jericho came back (not because of Jericho, though) and it looks like a lot of other people aren't watching either. It's time for a changing of the guard. The older guys have got to start stepping back and passing the torch on. John Cena needs to go heel and go with the rapping again, that's what made him huge, that's when people loved to boo him. This chain gang stuff is ridiculous and needs to go. Start cutting on people again.

Comment

• I think Randy Orton Harry Smith and Cody Rhodes are the future of the business and the sooner they're all given the ball and allowed to run uniterupted the better for everyone except guys like Triple H of course. I don't think it's a coincidence that the ratings decline coincided with Triple H's 26th title reign. We definitely need fresh faces and storylines. And by faces I mean that literally not babyfaces.

Comment

• The Ultimate Warrior at 49.. Someone said there were rumors of him coming back.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VHJmcPp_fpg

Comment

• Apparently Randy Orton suffered a pretty serious collarbone injury tonight in the match with HHH. This really sucks I was hoping to see him at the Night of Champions show. The overall product just won't be as good without him. I'm guessing it's about a 2-3 month injury.

Comment

Apparently Randy Orton suffered a pretty serious collarbone injury tonight in the match with HHH. This really sucks I was hoping to see him at the Night of Champions show. The overall product just won't be as good without him. I'm guessing it's about a 2-3 month injury.
                Yeah, that sucks.. I was starting to like him, too. I wonder who they'll have Triple H feud with leading into the Night of the Champions PPV. Regal is out with the suspension and Orton is out with the injury. I'll predict they start a Cena/Triple H feud which should culminate at Summerslam.
                Last edited by WMD; 06-02-2008, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• They need another stable of heels. This whole individual crap never works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                    I'll make a few predictions::

MVP to Raw
                    Umaga to Smackdown
                    Finlay to ECW
                    Ha. I made this prediction for Last Years draft and I expect all three to happen this year.

Comment

Yeah, that sucks.. I was starting to like him, too. I wonder who they'll have Triple H feud with leading into the Night of the Champions PPV. Regal is out with the suspension and Orton is out with the injury. I'll predict they start a Cena/Triple H feud which should culminate at Summerslam.
                      You're probably right but man another Cena/HHH feud sounds really boring. Maybe they could get creative and put a young up and coming guy in the program like cm punk john morrison cody rhodes or even harry smith but that's probably just a pipe dream.

Comment

Apparently Randy Orton suffered a pretty serious collarbone injury tonight in the match with HHH. This really sucks I was hoping to see him at the Night of Champions show. The overall product just won't be as good without him. I'm guessing it's about a 2-3 month injury.
                        Yeah, he got hurt for real. I watched the pay per view with a couple buddies and saw it. Triple H threw him over the top rope and Orton's feet tangled in the top rope for a split second and it caused him to land straight on his shoulder. It is definitely a real injury because you could see Orton say to the ref, "I think I broke my collar bone." Plus Triple H went out there and got him up to fight some more then you could see the ref say something to Triple H and he just went under the ring and got the sledge hammer and hit Orton with it. He couldn't do the pedigree because of the injury, Orton never lifted his left arm after landing on his shoulder. The medical staff came out there with a stretcher but Orton walked out. Apparently the fans there were idiots and cheering after he got hurt so he started yelled, "Shut the f*ck up!!!" and got in some fan's face going up the ramp. They could really do anything they want for the Champions Night thing with Triple H though, because the draft is coming up in a couple weeks so anyone could be his foe. My prediction is that Batista ends up being the opponent because at One Night Stand Orton approached Batista about reuniting again like during the Evolution days, except this time Orton would have the belt and they would be the leaders. Batista just stared at him and walked away, but it's still a possibility. They could have a Triple H and HBK versus Orton and Batista storyline. Just have HBK interfere for Triple H in a championship match against Batista and the table is set. I don't think a Cena versus Triple H storyline is likely. They are both good guys right now and that mini story was kind of wrapped up already. I think Cena and Edge will begin a fued.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

You're probably right but man another Cena/HHH feud sounds really boring. Maybe they could get creative and put a young up and coming guy in the program like cm punk john morrison cody rhodes or even harry smith but that's probably just a pipe dream.
                          No way would Cody Rhodes or DH Smith be put in a feud with Triple H. It's just not believable that they even stand a chance against him. DH is a curtain jerker and Cody is a midcarder.. and both are extremely, extremely generic.

I love CM Punk and John Morrison but I don't think the time is right for a World Title feud.. but you never know, the rating for last weeks Raw was very terrible. They've pretty much never done it before, but maybe they'll panic and shake things up.. I doubt it, but it could happen.

Comment

No way would Cody Rhodes or DH Smith be put in a feud with Triple H. It's just not believable that they even stand a chance against him. DH is a curtain jerker and Cody is a midcarder.. and both are extremely, extremely generic.

I love CM Punk and John Morrison but I don't think the time is right for a World Title feud.. but you never know, the rating for last weeks Raw was very terrible. They've pretty much never done it before, but maybe they'll panic and shake things up.. I doubt it, but it could happen.
                            I agree with you but I also think just about anything can get over in wrestling if it's booked right and well. IDK I just think they're at a pretty critical time and have to shake things up and can't really afford to stay with the status quo. That doesn't necessarily mean doing what I suggested but definitely doing something different.

Comment

• I kind of quit following wrestling but that's BS that the Undertaker's gone.

Comment

• In regards to the finish of raw that was way too predictable but I guess they didn't really have any other viable options. From a personal selfish standpoint I'm pretty dissapointed that I won't be able to see Orton at Night of Champions but will be treated to another relatively boring Cena/HHH match.

Oh and the Taker thing is a work i.e fake, he's probably just taking time off to rest/heal injuries.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information