Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    Even better idea when Randy Orton comes back from injury and becomes their leader
    Of course but we're asking the WWE writers to be smart and inventive here.

Comment

• Randy Orton could still be their spokesman while recovering from his injury.

Comment

• Randy Orton = Ratings

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• I think the 2nd/3rd generation faction is a great idea and could work as a heel or baby stable. Unfortunatley it's one of those ideas that just makes too much sense so WWE will probably do something to screw it up.

I have to really disagree with the guy that said DH Smith Cody Rhodes and Ted Jr were boring and uncharismatic. They're still pretty young and the mic work will only get better with experience and when they give them something meaningful to say and do. DH in particular has a tremendous amount of talent and built in credibility that comes from being the son of Davey Boy and the nephew of Bret and Owen and the grandson of Stu.

This is me just bragging a little but I'm still pretty excited about the night of champions show I'll be attending even though two of my favorites probably won't be there in Orton and Taker. Even though I certainly don't have a ringside seat I'll be cheering for Cena and booing HHH cause even though he's somewhat limited I respect Cena a lot more as a man as he hasn't manipulated and screwed his way to the top literally and figuratively like HHH.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
            I think the 2nd/3rd generation faction is a great idea and could work as a heel or baby stable. Unfortunatley it's one of those ideas that just makes too much sense so WWE will probably do something to screw it up.

I have to really disagree with the guy that said DH Smith Cody Rhodes and Ted Jr were boring and uncharismatic. They're still pretty young and the mic work will only get better with experience and when they give them something meaningful to say and do. DH in particular has a tremendous amount of talent and built in credibility that comes from being the son of Davey Boy and the nephew of Bret and Owen and the grandson of Stu.

This is me just bragging a little but I'm still pretty excited about the night of champions show I'll be attending even though two of my favorites probably won't be there in Orton and Taker. Even though I certainly don't have a ringside seat I'll be cheering for Cena and booing HHH cause even though he's somewhat limited I respect Cena a lot more as a man as he hasn't manipulated and screwed his way to the top literally and figuratively like HHH.
            While the Hart's know wrestling, they don't know charisma.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
              While the Hart's know wrestling, they don't know charisma.
              I have to disagree with that. I know I'll probably just be called a mark for the Harts and Bret in particular and while that's true I also think I'm able to look at in an objective ubiased point of view. Owen was really charismatic as a heel or face and while Bret wasn't charismatic in the true sense of the word in terms of interviews/promos I do think he had a way of relating to fans and making them love or hate him. I don't think I would have marked out so much for Bret as a 7 year old when I was more drawn to characters than actual wrestling if he wasn't at least charismatic on some level and had a great sense of how to relate to fans. But to each his own and we're all entitled to have different opinions as it's really subjective.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                I have to disagree with that. I know I'll probably just be called a mark for the Harts and Bret in particular and while that's true I also think I'm able to look at in an objective ubiased point of view. Owen was really charismatic as a heel or face and while Bret wasn't charismatic in the true sense of the word in terms of interviews/promos I do think he had a way of relating to fans and making them love or hate him. I don't think I would have marked out so much for Bret as a 7 year old when I was more drawn to characters than actual wrestling if he wasn't at least charismatic on some level and had a great sense of how to relate to fans. But to each his own and we're all entitled to have different opinions as it's really subjective.
                Bret back in the day was amazing, easily my favourite wrestler. He was great at making you care about the character.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                  Bret back in the day was amazing, easily my favourite wrestler. He was great at making you care about the character.
                  He was my favorite because of his cool glasses.

Comment

• Draft Prediction Time!

To Raw::
                    MVP
                    CM Punk
                    Maryse

To Smackdown::
                    Umaga
                    Carlito
                    Trevor Murdoch
                    Mike Adamle

To ECW::

Finlay
                    Charlie Haas
                    Ashley

I have a feeling that Kennedy could be moved to Smackdown.. Michelle McCool to Raw, and maybe Brian Kendrick or Paul London to ECW.. but eh. I'll go with those predictions for tonight's show.

Comment

• I've read in numerous places that Cena is going to go to Smackdown. Not sure if there's any truth to it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                        He was my favorite because of his cool glasses.
                        He made pink cool. Nuff said.

Comment

• I think Kennedy going to Smackdown and Punk going to Raw or Smackdown are absolute locks.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Hmm, I completely forgot about tonights events and such. Thank you DVR.

Comment

• Rey Rey to Raw, can't say I'm thrilled with the pick but then again I haven't been a Mysterio fan since he left the Cruiserweight Division.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• not shocked.Rey to RAW has been rumored for awhile

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information