No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys I forgot to mention if you buy the NOC DVD later or watch the replay look for a dude with glasses and a Cactus Jack shirt and RVD skull cap lol. Even though I certainly didn't have ringside seats we were relatively close in the general direction behind the announcers tables and there's at least a small chance I got on camera as I was standing up a lot. That was the closest I've ever sat at a wrestling show, it was awesome actually being able to see the wrestlers as opposed to nose bleeds where I usually sat where they all kinda look like ants.

Comment

• They should just bring back the Winged Eagle on Raw. Screw them other belts.

Taking a Knapp.

Comment

• Since we're talking about times we were at shows... if you ever watch a replay of Mick Foley winning his first world title (as Mankind), you will see me at ringside waving an Irish flag towards the left side of the ring (on the primary camera angle). That was a great night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
          Since we're talking about times we were at shows... if you ever watch a replay of Mick Foley winning his first world title (as Mankind), you will see me at ringside waving an Irish flag towards the left side of the ring (on the primary camera angle). That was a great night.
          Is that the match on the Mick Foley's Greatest Hits and Misses DVD? I would've loved to be there for that as I'm a huge mark for Cactus.

Comment

• Probably, he celebrates after the match with HHH and the rest of DX. It is from Worcester, MA. My brother and I were talking about this last night, I got to watch two legends win the world title for the first time: Mick Foley and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Pretty cool. That Wrestlemania (13 I think?) where Mike Tyson knocked out Shawn Michaels was epic! Kane vs. Undertaker for the first time... word...

Comment

• I was at the show as most of you probably know by now and props to both Cena and HHH as they blew the roof off the arena. I honestly wasn't expecting much from that match as I'm not really a fan of either guy but I was really pleasantly surprised. For all the crap Cena takes for his perceived weaknesses as a worker some valid and some inaccurate and misguided he performed as well in that match as he possibly could and worked his ass off to put on the best match possible just like HHH. I think they should probably have one more match at SummerSlam as it's the second biggest PPV behind Mania. The match type doesn't really matter but I'd prefer a straight up wrestling match with no gimmicks. Having said that though I really miss Randy Orton and as soon as he comes back he deserves to be right back in the title picture.

Comment

• I like the IC Title situation now. Jericho and Shawns feud isnt about the belt in any way whatsoever, and just name wise, theyre above the title. Get it on someone else to generate another storyline. If theyre trying to make Kofi a star, this is a good start. Hopefully he and the IC title wont linger around and do nothing now. (Wishful thinking, i know). The way Jericho lost it does nothing bad to him, and just adds fuel to what is already the best storyline in WWE (maybe wrestling -- but im fond of the Joe-Nash-Booker and Angle-AJ stories in TNA).

On Punk, I really cant see him cashing in right now. I mean, I like the guy, but he just hasnt been built up at all properly to be given a World Title at this stage.

Comment

• Hopefully last night was the start of building him up by putting him in the presence of Batista and Cena or whoever it was and saying "I don't really care who's champion." I think Punk is my favorite in the WWE right now and hopefully they finally do something big with him...

Comment

• I just did my top 25 TNA Matches list for another site, if anyone is interested, here it is.

25. Kurt Angle (c) vs Christian Cage - TNA World Title -- Against All Odds 2008

24. Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles -- Slammiversary 2008

23. Christian Cage vs Rhino - Barbed Wire Six Sides of Steel -- iMPACT 11/16/06

22. Jeff Jarrett (c) vs Sting - NWA World Title -- Bound For Glory 2006

21. Christian Cage vs Rhino - 8 Mile Street Fight -- Bound For Glory 2006

20. AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels - Ironman Match -- Bound For Glory 2005

19. Senshi (c) vs Chris Sabin - TNA X Title -- Bound For Glory 2006

18. Kurt Angle (c) vs Yuju Nagata - IWGP Title -- Global iMPACT 1/6/08

17. Samoa Joe vs Chris Sabin -- No Surrender 2005

16. Kurt Angle vs Christian Cage vs Chris Harris vs Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles - TNA World Title - King of the Mountain -- Slammiversary 2007

15. Abyss vs Sabu vs Rhino vs Jeff Hardy - Monsters Ball -- Bound For Glory 2005

14. Christian Cage vs Kaz - Ladder Match -- Genesis 2007

13. Team Angle vs Team Cage - Lethal Lockdown -- Lockdown 2007

12. James Storm vs Chris Harris - Texas Deathmatch -- Sacrifice 2007

11. AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels vs LAX - TNA Tag Titles - Ultimate X -- No Surrender 2006

10. Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles -- Sacrifice 2005

9. Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe I -- Genesis 2006

8. AJ Styles vs. Petey Williams vs. Chris Sabin - TNA X Title - Ultimate X --Final Resolution 2005

7. Christian Cage (c) vs Samoa Joe - NWA World Title -- Destination X 2007

6. AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels vs LAX - TNA Tag Titles - Six Sides of Steel - Bound For Glory 2006

5. Samoa Joe vs Christian Cage -- Bound For Glory 2007

4. Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe II - Turning Point 2006

3. America's Most Wanted vs Triple X - Six Sides of Steel -- Turning Point 2004

2. Kurt Angle (c) vs Samoa Joe - TNA World Title - Six Sides of Steel -- Lockdown 2008

1. Christopher Daniels (c) vs AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe - TNA X Title -- Unbreakable 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
                      Since we're talking about times we were at shows... if you ever watch a replay of Mick Foley winning his first world title (as Mankind), you will see me at ringside waving an Irish flag towards the left side of the ring (on the primary camera angle). That was a great night.
                      And that rattle you'll hear is WCW's corpse.

That'll put some butts in the seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        And that rattle you'll hear is WCW's corpse.

That'll put some butts in the seats.
                        Hahaha EXACTLY!!

Comment

• Cm Punk Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• CM PUNK WOOOOO. Although HHH having the title over Edge sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I don't like CM Punk, but him cashing in the MITB was pretty cool.
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• So the belt which brands huh. Interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information