No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to turn Edge face instantly: "I'm sorry Matt".

Comment

• Speaking of Dragon Kid.. I implore you all who haven't seen this match to watch it.. It's 25 Minutes of awesomeness. Especially the last 5-10 minutes of the match.

It's DoFixer vs. Blood Generation from a Ring of Honor show in 2006.

http://www.imeem.com/alvino1991/vide..._extreme_vide/

Comment

• WTF Awesome Kong lost........

Comment

• If we are posting moves here are a few of my favorites

Berkacet
          Cop Killah
          Infared splash
          Spanish Fly
          Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Speaking of the Spanish Fly.. anybody know what the Spanish Announce Team is up to these days?

Comment

• My answers are as follows.

Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
              Before I become an active member of the Pro Wrestling thread, I would like to ask you guys some questions.

Whats your thoughts on Cena?

Don't mind him at all. He's pretty solid in every area and is a great spokesman for the company. I pretty much enjoy him at all times except when hes making sophomoric jokes about poop and such.

Whats your thoughts on Edge?

One of the best heels in wrestling. Love him.

Whats your thoughts on the womens wrestling?(Do you like it or just think it is a waste of time?

WWE's is.. getting better. Or was. The knockouts in TNA are tremendous. I love watching Women's wrestling in TNA.

Whats your thoughts on Santino Murella?

Good promo guy, hilarious at times. Will never be more than a comedy curtain jerker though.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
                Before I become an active member of the Pro Wrestling thread, I would like to ask you guys some questions.

He's really not my cup of tea, but I also don't like wrestling smarks at all, so I'm at a crossroads. I think the most important thing is that fans react to Cena more than anyone else in the company. Some of that is because he was pushed to the moon, but most of it is of his own volition. That alone makes him the top guy in the company.

Even if Edge wasn't a good worker, he'd still be a great heel. The fact that he's a tremendous wrestler makes it all the better. He could work on his physique a bit, as sometimes it's hard to even suspend believe when he's facing a guy like Batista, but he's entertaining as hell.

Whats your thoughts on the womens wrestling?(Do you like it or just think it is a waste of time?
                I almost always turn the channel, but I'm not the stereotypical 18-30 male wrestling demographic fan either. It's just like the WNBA but with tits, and I don't watch wrestling to see tits.

I'm curious how much he writes his own stuff. If he does, I think he's brilliant. If he doesn't, he at least has tremendous delivery and character acting. I hated how they squashed him to Stone Cold for no apparent reason though, it pretty much solidified him as a joke.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Cena and Cryme Tyme are greatness. It'd be better if Cena went back to his "thug" image.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce View Post

- Cena's ok. He's not quite so much, "OMG he overcomes the odds YET AGAIN!" anymore so it's tolerable.

- Best heel in the business, period.
                    - The TNA Knockouts are way ahead of WWE as far as wrestling. Plus a fair amount of them (Love, Sky, Kim, Roxxi (Hot for a bald chick), Taylor) are pretty good looking as well. Plus, Kong's a sawed off monster that would mess up most men.

- Hi-friggin'-larioius. Him stealing Jerry Lawler's Subway Sandwich was one of the funniest thing I've seen in Wrestling.
                    My thoughts.
                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• This is based purely on being a wrestling fan... I could get into behind the scenes crap, but i really don't want to....

My thoughts on John Cena:

I go to one of my partners' house and his mom and his two sisters are in love with John Cena...so I hate him. Can't stand him.

That being said, I think he's a good wrestler, although he tends to get corny at times. He is where he belongs...a contender for the title and threat to take the title at any time.

Also, I respect Cena for giving off that 'Support the Troops' appeal.

My thoughts on Edge:

Love him. I tend to lean towards heels more even though HBK will remain my favorite forever. Nobody will ever top him! Edge is still one of the best heels in the business, I just wish they would let him win a match on his own instead of cheating to win. He's got some good skills, and he can fight with the best of 'em.

Thoughts on women's division:

Just never liked women's wrestling. Too sloppy for my taste. That being said, I still respect it. I like girls like Ashley, Mickie James, and Melina, but other girls are for show only and shouldn't be wrestling.

Thoughts on Santino Marella?

I actually hate that he's such a joke. He seems like he could have some potential in the ring, but being a jobber almost, he'll never get nowhere. I really feel like the WWE could do better with him, but him in some better matches. Furthermore, I've missed out on the past few Raw's but if he's still teaming with Carlito, I don't like it. Carlito is one of my favorites...

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

• By the way, CM Punk the WWE Champion?

WWE will make Batista destroy him...

I hate Batista, love CM Punk, but is CM really ready to be a WWE Champion? And I guess the Money in the Bank winner will always get an easy pin over the champ...it's happened the last 2-3 winners...

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

• Cena is a product of Vince's fascination with certain build of wrestlers. That said he has improved in the ring and his mic work is pretty good. He would garner more of my respect with a heel turn and a drop from the title picture for awhile. Until then I don't tend to mark out over someone pushed down my throat.

Edge is easily the best heel in the business and I love his actions. The only thing that could hold him back to me is another injury.

The women's division isn't really my cup of tea because of all the fluff but is a part of wrestling and actually has some quality to it. That and I love me some Michelle McCool. :D

Santino is flat out hilarious and never fails to entertain me. Lets not forget that this is entertainment and Santino delivers.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Mark Henry vs Tommy Dreamer for the ECW Championship has been added to the Great American Bash card. I hope Dreamer wins it because I think it'd be cool to have an ECW original be the face of the program.

Comment

• Other random notes

-Anyone have an idea which show D-Lo Brown will be on? He's been wrestling in house shows but hasn't been moved up to an active roster yet.

-My theory on the whole Kane "Is he alive or dead" thing is that it has nothing to do with Vince McMahon but rather the Undertaker. I think it would be interesting to put the Undertaker back in a program with Kane for his eventual return. It's probably going to end up being Vince McMahon but I'm hoping for a little more creativity from the writers

-Does anyone else not care about Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase? As long as the WWE continues to not care about tag team wrestling, their title reign will be one of the longest and least exciting in recent memory.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                                Mark Henry vs Tommy Dreamer for the ECW Championship has been added to the Great American Bash card. I hope Dreamer wins it because I think it'd be cool to have an ECW original be the face of the program.
                                I'm fairly certain you know better.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information