Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    -Does anyone else not care about Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase? As long as the WWE continues to not care about tag team wrestling, their title reign will be one of the longest and least exciting in recent memory.
    Yeah, I was surprised/disappointed that they didn't get any airtime on the latest Raw. They have a lot of potential and gave a real good promo after their match two weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      Yeah, I was surprised/disappointed that they didn't get any airtime on the latest Raw. They have a lot of potential and gave a real good promo after their match two weeks ago.
      Really? I kinda rolled my eyes at it, especially Cody Rhodes and his rant about how doing things "the right way" didn't get him anywhere. I mean, come on, he was handed the tag team titles what, 15 minutes into his WWE career?

Comment

• If the WWE really wants to rebuild interest in tag team wrestling again, they need to allow tag teams to compete on any show. Each show has like 2 tag teams as of now and by allowing them to all compete for one belt would make it a lot more competitive.

Comment

If the WWE really wants to rebuild interest in tag team wrestling again, they need to allow tag teams to compete on any show. Each show has like 2 tag teams as of now and by allowing them to all compete for one belt would make it a lot more competitive.
          I agree, a division of Jesse and Festus, Hawkins and Ryder, Cryme Time, Miz and Morrison, Finlay and Hornswoggle (Shutter), Rhodes and DiBiase is better than each being on their own.
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Apparently Carlito has got rid of his fro. He now has his hair braided.

Comment

• TNA Victory Road last night was super solid.

The opening World X Cup Elimination match was tremendous. Awesome stuff all around.

The knockouts showed up and delivered again in one solid match, and then the exciting Title match.

LAX and Beer Money had a fun fan lumberjack strap match. LAX is awesome, and Beer Money might be my favorite thing in wrestling atm, so good stuff there.

The Ultimate X match was real good, with one of the craziest spots ive seen in a while.

As you can see at the very top of the pic... thats a person. He jumped off of one of those metal beams that hold the X ropes up, and hit an enormous legdrop on Daivari who was hanging from the ropes. (For anyone who doesnt know, the object of the match is to climb across the ropes and grab the Big X, or the title belt, whichever is there. There were 4 people in this match.) Team Mexico ended up winning the X Cup.

Then there was a TLC match. Kurt Angle, and Team 3D (Dudley Boyz for people who dont know) vs AJ Styles, Christian, and Rhino. Good **** here. More crazy spots. Angle slams thru tables, 3D's thru tables. AJ flying off of ladders. Christian Cage with the biggest crossbody ever. A Gore fest by Rhino. Chair shots galore. Good stuff all around.

Then Samoa Joe and Booker had a solid match for the World Title ending in the good ole WWF Attitude era controversy.

Comment

• I just read that people are calling Victory Road the worst PPV of the year

Comment

I just read that people are calling Victory Road the worst PPV of the year
                  Well those people are morons.

Theyre probably just up in arms about the ending of the main event because it wasnt a clean finish.

Because everyone on the internet wants nothing but 8 hour matches with hold and counterhold and big flippy moves and the match to end clean. If thats not what happens, its TERRIBLE.

**** those people. So utterly annoying. Its the first non clean finish to a TNA main event match in 6 months. Ill live with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                    Well those people are morons.

Theyre probably just up in arms about the ending of the main event because it wasnt a clean finish.

Because everyone on the internet wants nothing but 8 hour matches with hold and counterhold and big flippy moves and the match to end clean. If thats not what happens, its TERRIBLE.

**** those people. So utterly annoying. Its the first non clean finish to a TNA main event match in 6 months. Ill live with it.
                    A lot of the criticism was on the fans as they didn't seem excited to be at the PPV.

Comment

• That criticism is somewhat warranted I suppose. They weren't TERRIBLE, but they weren't good either.

Comment

• Damn, forgot it was last night. I wanted to watch it so bad too. I'm not one to buy PPVs but that was one I wanted to get.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• OMG they let Cody talk..

Looking at Hacksaw right now I feel sorry for him.
                          Last edited by Bruce; 07-14-2008, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I just read that people are calling Victory Road the worst PPV of the year
                            I wouldn't agree with that at all. The ending to the ME was odd, but I didn't mind it, especially if it brings back a more vicious Joe. The opener was good and their really wasn't a stinker match on the card. Sacrifice was TNA's worst PPV IMO.
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• That ending was possibly one of the worst spots ever in wrestling history.
                              Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

• I forgot that vehicular manslaughter is legal in wrestling.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information