Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
    Try to watch the fight on youtube..... It will be up in no time..... He just dominated the whole match..... Looks like the real deal.
    He needs to work on his jits still, he couldn't maintain his dominant positions and didn't look for a sub when in the dominant positions.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Am I the only one who thinks UFC/MMA will eventually become a work? Maybe not a true work like pro wrestling but that the results might be somewhat manipulated. With it's huge popularity and profitability now it seems like if a certain result doesn't come out of a fight it could be damaging to the fighter and the group as a whole. Hypothetically if they were to spend a long time building a fighter up and then he loses decisively to a much lesser known less marketable fighter it would be really disadvantageous. IDK maybe I'm just too cynical from all my years of watching wrestling. I tend to think everything in life is a work or at least manipulated. And let's not forget pro wrestling started out as 100% shoot not unlike MMA today but with a lot more submissions and less striking until the wrestlers realized they could make a lot more money and not get hurt as much if they just worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
        Am I the only one who thinks UFC/MMA will eventually become a work? Maybe not a true work like pro wrestling but that the results might be somewhat manipulated. With it's huge popularity and profitability now it seems like if a certain result doesn't come out of a fight it could be damaging to the fighter and the group as a whole. Hypothetically if they were to spend a long time building a fighter up and then he loses decisively to a much lesser known less marketable fighter it would be really disadvantageous. IDK maybe I'm just too cynical from all my years of watching wrestling. I tend to think everything in life is a work or at least manipulated. And let's not forget pro wrestling started out as 100% shoot not unlike MMA today but with a lot more submissions and less striking until the wrestlers realized they could make a lot more money and not get hurt as much if they just worked.
        Was this post a shoot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
          Was this post a shoot?
          Lol yes, but a good worker never reveals when he's working or shooting. That's why Brian Pillman was so great.

Comment

• The AJ/Angle last man standing match was unbelievable.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
              The AJ/Angle last man standing match was unbelievable.
              That's what I heard, but the rest of the PPV was crap. Is this true?
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Eh. Not a fan of the women wrestlers. I enjoy looking at them but it gets annoying to watch them wrestle. The LAX/Beer Money match was good, just a stupid ending. Consequences Creed/Petey match was pretty good. 3D/Cage and Rhyno match wasn't bad. The Lethal/Sonjay match kinda sucked. I do enjoy Socal Val's beautiful self.

The Styles Clash is by far my favorite move in wrestling. Gotta love the Pele' too.

Sting is a douchebag.

Still watching the Joe/Booker match. So far so good.

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Just finished the Joe/Booker match. Kinda short but an all around good match. Huge twist at the end. Anybody want to take a guess at who made an "appearance"?

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

The Styles Clash is by far my favorite move in wrestling. Gotta love the Pele' too.
                    The first time I saw the canadian destroyer was one of my all time "holy ****" pro wrestling moments. I'm not a fan of the styles clash. Because it look like AJ's face goes right into the ring when he does that.

Btw, please tell me AJ went back to his old entrance theme.

Comment

Just finished the Joe/Booker match. Kinda short but an all around good match. Huge twist at the end. Anybody want to take a guess at who made an "appearance"?
                      That's J-E-Double F, J-A-Double R-e- Double T's Guitar?
                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• I don't want to spoil anything, there's still 4 days til Impact!.

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Randy Orton had a motorcycle accident that had he not been wearing his helmet would have killed him.he rebroke his collarbone and is out an additional 3 months

Comment

• MAJOR SPOILER from one of the Impact tapings

AJ Styles(w/Samoa Joe) d. Kurt Angle (w/Booker T) in a ladder match for Angle's gold medal.Booker and Joe fought multiple times around the ring.As AJ and Angle were near the top of the ladder, lights went out and Jeff Jarrett's music hit.When the lights came back on AJ had the guitar and smashed it over Angle's head which allowed him to grab the medal for the win.

WOW

Comment

• WOW did anyone catch the end of Impact?

Comment

• I recorded it. I hate commercials so I never watch it at the original time.

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information