Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shelton Benjamin is awesome, he's got some crazy athleticism. I know I'm stating the obvious here, but I really like the guy as a wrestler.

    XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

    Comment


    • Originally posted by UKfan View Post
      Shelton Benjamin is awesome, he's got some crazy athleticism. I know I'm stating the obvious here, but I really like the guy as a wrestler.
      Yeah I think the same thing...... He always puts on a great show especially the "money in the bank" matches.... He deserves a title shot someday


      Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by UKfan View Post
        Shelton Benjamin is awesome, he's got some crazy athleticism. I know I'm stating the obvious here, but I really like the guy as a wrestler.
        Yeah, Shelty's not the greatest on the mic, but I don't think he's as bad as some think. AJ Styles v. Shelton Benjamin would be an insane match.
        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

        Comment


        • Future champion THE BRIAN KENDRICK.


          RIP TheManInBlack

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
            Yeah I think the same thing...... He always puts on a great show especially the "money in the bank" matches.... He deserves a title shot someday
            Someone's getting their wish.
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

            Comment


            • Source: PWTorch.com

              Mick Foley has agreed to terms with TNA and will debut as soon as he is contractually free to do so. His WWE contract expires within days.

              Foley's TNA deal was worked out with help from Spike TV, which may have subsidized the contract. He may end up being involved in other Spike TV projects.

              Foley was dropped from WWE storylines once WWE learned that he was unhappy and likely not renewing his deal and instead interested in signing with TNA.

              While there's been a lot of buzz about Foley in the locker room among wrestlers, the management team had been quiet about it and perhaps largely out of the loop, but were hopeful Dixie Carter was getting the deal done.

              Keller's Analysis: This is a great addition for TNA, although how Foley is utilized remains to be seen. Jim Ross wrote in his blog that he hopes Foley doesn't wrestle for TNA much if at all because of his physical condition after years of being rough on his body. Foley has indicated he's not interested in the full time booking job. As an on-air commentator or commissioner he could add some star power and talent to TNA Impact each week. I'll have more on this in today's PWTorch Today PDF Bulletin (a VIP member exclusive).
              I'm very excited over this, I think Mick can do some really good things for TNA . Please, please, PLEASE let him take over for DW on commentary.
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

              Comment


              • It wont change ratings or anything of the sort, but it could very well lead to some amazing, and fresh segments/promos with guys hes never worked with before. So as a viewer and a fan... awesome.

                His promo with Edge a few weeks ago was amazing.




                Comment


                • At this point, TNA needs to clean out the creative team in order to get ratings changes. Still, Foley's my all-time favorite and until TNA inevitably f's this up I'm excited to see what they'll do with him.
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

                  Comment


                  • I dont think a creative change would alter ratings at all. It might make smarky fans happier, but the people that make up the viewership dont care and likely wouldnt even notice anything.

                    Im pretty much of the opinion that you or I could be booking TNA, Paul Heyman, Vince McMahon himself, or the current Russo-Dutch-Jarrett deal, and they will continue to draw 0.9-1.2 every single week.

                    To most internet fans, if they dont watch TNA, its cause of the booking, but to the average fan, the reason they dont watch TNA, is because it has absolutely dreadful marketing. Terrible marketing.

                    The marketing is the reason they dont do tremendous buys, draw 10,000 people per house, and score 2+ ratings, not the booking.




                    Comment


                    • IF booked right(which with Russo is a BIG IF) Foley could do pretty well in TNA

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by comahan View Post
                        I dont think a creative change would alter ratings at all. It might make smarky fans happier, but the people that make up the viewership dont care and likely wouldnt even notice anything.

                        Im pretty much of the opinion that you or I could be booking TNA, Paul Heyman, Vince McMahon himself, or the current Russo-Dutch-Jarrett deal, and they will continue to draw 0.9-1.2 every single week.

                        To most internet fans, if they dont watch TNA, its cause of the booking, but to the average fan, the reason they dont watch TNA, is because it has absolutely dreadful marketing. Terrible marketing.

                        The marketing is the reason they dont do tremendous buys, draw 10,000 people per house, and score 2+ ratings, not the booking.

                        The booking doesn't help though. Remember the X division? Remember when TNA put on decent matches? Remember when they were a ROH rip off instead of a WCW rip off?


                        That was the last time TNA was really watchable.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by comahan View Post
                          I dont think a creative change would alter ratings at all. It might make smarky fans happier, but the people that make up the viewership dont care and likely wouldnt even notice anything.

                          Im pretty much of the opinion that you or I could be booking TNA, Paul Heyman, Vince McMahon himself, or the current Russo-Dutch-Jarrett deal, and they will continue to draw 0.9-1.2 every single week.

                          To most internet fans, if they dont watch TNA, its cause of the booking, but to the average fan, the reason they dont watch TNA, is because it has absolutely dreadful marketing. Terrible marketing.

                          The marketing is the reason they dont do tremendous buys, draw 10,000 people per house, and score 2+ ratings, not the booking.
                          I don't disagree with anything you say, especially the part about marketing (Which I agree, TNA is horrible at). I'm not one of those people who says, "OMFG!! VINCE RUSSO IS TEH HORRIBLE!", but I think the trio has been given 2 years and ratings haven't changed, so TNA should go in another direction. I'd suggest Scott D'Amore, but he left TNA to tend to his own wrestling promotion so that's unlikely.

                          I think TNA needs to get someone that hasn't booked before, someone that could provide a fresh perspective to a company that needs something. Without going to hard into this the first name that pops into my mind is Simon Diamond. He's been around TNA for quite a few years so he knows the ropes, and is the main agent for all the house shows. He's a guy that I think has a world of talent (he was brilliant managing The Diamonds in the Rough and made the "Basebrawl" storyline watchable) and is someone to be considered.

                          TNA was consistantly gaining in ratings and had a very strong rating in their main demo until Slammiversary 2006 came around and Jarrett put the belt back on himself. Even I (A Major Jeff Jarrett fan) can see that move was very stupid.
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                            The booking doesn't help though. Remember the X division? Remember when TNA put on decent matches? Remember when they were a ROH rip off instead of a WCW rip off?


                            That was the last time TNA was really watchable.
                            Speak for yourself. I think its totally watchable, and has always been.

                            The worst period in X Division history was pre-Russo, when Senshi(Low Ki) had the belt forever and did absolutely nothing with it until he lost it at Bound for Glory 06. Petey, Creed, Bashir are in the middle of a good ole fashioned wrasslin feud that heaven knows most internet marks would love it if wasnt taking place under the TNA banner. They just had the World X Cup, which provided numerous good X Division matches, culminating in a match of the year candidate 3 team elimination match at Victory Road. Which leads me to the next point.

                            TNA still, and always has put on good matches. The Angle/Styles Last Man Standing match at the last PPV was tremendous. The aforementioned 3 team elimination match was great. The Joe/Angle Cage Match for the TNA Title was, imo, one of the best matches in a very long time. If not for the Flair/Michaels awesomeness at Mania, id put it as my Match of the Year. I could keep naming them but you get the point.

                            And theyve never been an ROH ripoff, a WCW ripoff, a WWF/E ripoff, an ECW ripoff or anything like that, theyve just consistently been TNA, which is a rather odd mixture of the 4.

                            Even back in TNA's so called "glory days", when AJ, Low Ki, Lynn and so on were having great matches every night, or when Joe, Daniels, and AJ were having their feud, there was always stuff there that people bitched about, just like in every national promotion. Theres going to be things that you will dislike, because they have to cater to an audience of everyone. Just catering to the audience that wants hour long matches and 87 year title reigns wont work.
                            Last edited by comahan; 08-27-2008, 11:12 PM.




                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
                              I don't disagree with anything you say, especially the part about marketing (Which I agree, TNA is horrible at). I'm not one of those people who says, "OMFG!! VINCE RUSSO IS TEH HORRIBLE!", but I think the trio has been given 2 years and ratings haven't changed, so TNA should go in another direction. I'd suggest Scott D'Amore, but he left TNA to tend to his own wrestling promotion so that's unlikely.

                              I think TNA needs to get someone that hasn't booked before, someone that could provide a fresh perspective to a company that needs something. Without going to hard into this the first name that pops into my mind is Simon Diamond. He's been around TNA for quite a few years so he knows the ropes, and is the main agent for all the house shows. He's a guy that I think has a world of talent (he was brilliant managing The Diamonds in the Rough and made the "Basebrawl" storyline watchable) and is someone to be considered.

                              TNA was consistantly gaining in ratings and had a very strong rating in their main demo until Slammiversary 2006 came around and Jarrett put the belt back on himself. Even I (A Major Jeff Jarrett fan) can see that move was very stupid.
                              The Hebner Push on the Ladder~! haha, oh god. good times.

                              I did love where his reign finally ended though. I was a big fan of the Sting/Jarrett match at BFG 06. It wasnt a 4 star classic by any means, but it was just a well done 80's style match that picked is spots, and the ending with Sting hulking up after the guitar shot is one of my favorite spots in recent memory. Huge crowd reaction to that.




                              Comment


                              • uhhh Foley to TNA... who knew

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information