No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So that's how they get me to stop caring about Raw.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• So are they setting up another scenario where Rey Mysterio is going to lose his mask for a 2nd time?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• i met the undertaker last week at the baggage claim in the vegas airport, he was wearing a longhorns hat so i talked to him about the horns and cowboys for about 10 minutes while waiting on bags, very cool dude

Comment

• I knew the WWE couldn't resist the urge to give Batista the title for even one more month.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
            I knew the WWE couldn't resist the urge to give Batista the title for even one more month.
            the way they did it though makes me think as soon as Orton comes back a fued for the belt begins until then probably JBL is who Batista fueds with.Plus it continues the HBK/Y2J fued without the belt being involved

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
              the way they did it though makes me think as soon as Orton comes back a fued for the belt begins until then probably JBL is who Batista fueds with.Plus it continues the HBK/Y2J fued without the belt being involved
              I assume Orton will take it right back off Batista in the near future so I doubt we will have to listen to him for that long.

Comment

• Do any of you have the TNA video game on PS2? I can't for the life on me figure out how to pin some one I feel stupid even asking I know how to do every thing else.:(

Comment

• Its the same button as it is to climb the turnbuckle, circle, I believe. Fun game though. Its bare atm, as expected with the first one, but the gameplay is awesome.

Anyway, new sig. MEM = Awesome x 100

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                    Its the same button as it is to climb the turnbuckle, circle, I believe. Fun game though. Its bare atm, as expected with the first one, but the gameplay is awesome.
                    Thanks.

It is a pretty good game for being their first one not great but you can tell down the road they are going to put out some great games.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                      Its the same button as it is to climb the turnbuckle, circle, I believe. Fun game though. Its bare atm, as expected with the first one, but the gameplay is awesome.

Anyway, new sig. MEM = Awesome x 100
                      Although I'm firmly in the corner of the TNA Originals, the MEM v. Originals is the best idea TNA's had in a long LONG time. If they brough back Christopher Daniels to side with the originals it would be a dream come true. But damn, Turning Point looks like it's gonna be an awesome PPV.
                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
                        Although I'm firmly in the corner of the TNA Originals, the MEM v. Originals is the best idea TNA's had in a long LONG time. If they brough back Christopher Daniels to side with the originals it would be a dream come true. But damn, Turning Point looks like it's gonna be an awesome PPV.
                        Eh, Im not so sure. I mean, isn't this pretty much the third time we've seen this kind of story? Toward the final days of WCW and a couple of years ago in WWECW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                          Eh, Im not so sure. I mean, isn't this pretty much the third time we've seen this kind of story? Toward the final days of WCW and a couple of years ago in WWECW.
                          Kind of, but a few of the major points that made the Millionaires Club vs New Blood fail, TNA has done correctly.

The first of that is the MC vs. NB was All Main Eventers vs. All... Midcarders at best. Joe and AJ are already on MEM's level, Joe having beaten Angle for the World Title at this years Lockdown, Booker twice on PPV this year, Steiner in a great feud a few years ago, and will likely beat Nash tomorrow night (tonight, whatever). He also beat the hell out of Sting for 20 mins at BFG befopre Nash cost him the title. So Joe is with, and even above all of MEM. AJ is a 3 Time World Champ, has 4 (4!) wins over Kurt Angle this year, a pair over Booker T, and wins over Nash in the past. The New Blood was missing guys like this that stood out, and anchored their side. Hulk Hogan vs. Billy Kidman simply wasnt at all, one bit, believable in any way. Why? Because Kidman was never anything beyond a servicable Cruiserweight. Now all of a sudden hes feuding with Hogan? Nobody bought it.

I should also add that the supporting guys for the youngins, Abyss (former world champ, has a clean win over Sting, has pinned Angle clean on TV as well, so on and so forth), Petey (had a solid feud and overall program with Steiner before Steiners injury), among others have done their fair share as well.

So that covers the first thing, being that the young guys look like actual threats to the daunting force of the family of legends in MEM.

The second thing, where MC vs NB went wrong, and that TNA is doing right, was the MC were the babyfaces. At the time, they HAD to be the babyfaces, cause the angle came out of nowhere and all of the MC guys were faces when it did. The only MEM guy who came into this as a face is Sting, and he has been slowly but surely turning week by week (and I think this past week finally reached the point of being a full blown heel). All of the other guys have been long running heels with heat built up over a long period of time. Why is that important? Because the purpose of an angle like this is to make the new generation of wrestlers into stars. To do that, they HAVE to go over the vets in the end. And basic feud principles dictate that Babyfaces ALWAYS go over in the end. So the MC vs NB feud was just leading to the vets squashing the young guys, and that does NOTHING to help your company, or tell a good story.

The ECW Originals vs. New Breed was the same thing. It was unknown heels targeting beloved babyfaces, only to get beaten in 5 minutes at WrestleMania and the angle to end. Where are the New Breed guys now? Elijah Burke hasnt been on TV in a year. Marcus Cor Von left the company for personal reasons. Kevin Thorn was repackaged to "No Gimmick Needed", and thrown out there before being taken off TV for a year, and Matt Striker is a commentator. The feud served no purpose at all. Hell, Tommy Dreamer is the only ECW Original left from that feud, too.

The main part of this angle that I love so much, is that the MEM arent sitting there saying "WE'RE GONNA TAKE OVER!", its not an nWo style angle or anything like that at all, they're simply fighting for the respect that they're convinced they arent getting, that they feel theyve earned. Meanwhile, the young guys respect them, BUT are tired of them earning three times the pay while sitting on their ass at home, while the TNA orignials work their ass off to make TNA what it is.

Thats another thing that TNA is doing right that has never been done before. The young guys have the advantage of being the "Originals". And what they were the ones who built up the company, they were the ones who made into something. Then its invaded by stars (MEM), and the stars are trying and pass the young guys' hard work off as their own.

Its a terrific angle, imo.
                          Last edited by comahan; 11-09-2008, 03:15 AM.

Comment

• Heck, if this feud gives us serious Eric Young full-time it's already FTW.
                            I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Turning Point in progress results

Eric Young wins X Division Rankings match to become #1 Contender
                              Roxxi and Taylor Wilde beat Awesome Kong and Raesha Saeed
                              Rhino beats Sheik Abdul Bashir
                              Beer Money Inc. beat Motor City Machine Guns to retain TNA World Tag Titles

Booker T v. Christian Cage on now

Comment

• Booker T def. Christian Cage to retain TNA Legends Title
                                Kurt Angle def. Abyss in a Falls Count Anywhere match (Best match of the night IMO)
                                Kevin Nash def. Samoa Joe
                                Sting def. AJ Styles

F*** TNA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information