Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smackdown

Someone mentioned earlier that no one thinks Smackdown is a good show, or its no one's favorite (something like that) Well, to me, its the best show, and it is my fav. Its just the fact that its on Friday night that sucks.

Batista... well.. im not a fan really... so.. thats about all i'll say about him, except that I hope Booker beats him at Survivor Series.

Boogeyman, like Bearsfan said, is awesome. He has a smoking staff, a big clock (that he shatters over his head) and he eats worms. That is awesome.

Kendrick and London (Londick!) are the best Tag Team in the WWE. Two great workes who are very exciting to watch. Too bad they have absolutely NO competition in the tag division. :(

Benoit is the best wrestler in the WWE. They continue to use him as a midcarder, which is annoying, but still, hes awesome. His feud with Chavo is annoying as hell. It's embarrassing watching the Eddy Guerrero angles.

Finlay is awesome as well. Great worker, especially for someone who is 47.

Gregory Helms is another great wrestler but PLEASE stop putting him in 1v1 matches with Matt Hardy EVERY week. They put on good matches, but jesus christ.

Use Jamie Noble more, Dammit.

JBL is gold on commentary. He is hilarious.

Jimmy Wang Yang's gimmick is uh.. well.. im not a fan.. but hes a good wrestler, and is entertaining, so i dont really care about his gimmick.

The Kane and MVP feud is hilarious. MVP is amazing at taking hits. Hes great at selling moves. MVP has the best gimmick ever. Everyone thinks he's a joke, but he legitimately thinks that he's the best. Everything with his gimmick is over the top (power ranger tights, his entrance pyro) nad its awesome.

I respect Kane. He is a company guy through and through. He's been asked on multiple occasions to win the Title, but always defers to someone else that could use it more than he could.

Missssssssssteeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Kennnnnnedddeyyyyyyyyyyyyy is another person who is simply awesome. He's not the best in ring worker but he is great to watch, and his entrace is the best in the business.

....Kennedy.

King Booker's gimmick is too good to be true. On most people, this gimmick would have been given up on after a few weeks, but Booker plays it perfectly. It's absolutely hilarious to see him go from British snob back to ghetto Booker T when hes mad. He deserves this world title reign, and i'm glad he got it.

Undertaker is one of my all time fav's. I love having his old gimmick back. (I hated Biker Taker) I hope he puts Kennedy over in the first blood match.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Monty Brown signed with the WWE. I highly doubt he ever cracks the mid-card.

I hadn't heard about Big Show. That's dissapointing..I've always liked him a lot. He's real good on the mic.
      I like Monty, but I think youre right.

Show has terrible back issues. Hes been taken off the road for the most part, and taken off of house show schedules. Nowadays he's always in Tag matches, or 3 way matches, or Elimination Chambers so he doesnt have to do much.

Comment

I don't feel like doing Raw, but long story short... Shelton is underused, Nitro is awesome, Cena is annoying, Umaga has NO heat even though he's beat the hell out of all the faces (even Maria) Remember when Jake the Snake simply slapped Elizabeth and he immediatley became one of the biggest heels of the era? man... Uhm.. Cryme Tyme is awesome. Rated RKO is cool, Edge being 95% of the coolness. And uhhh.. Flair needs to be a heel again.

Comment

As far as i know, Genesis only has 3 scheduled matches going into tonight.

The Survivor Series card is full, i believe.

Women's Championship
          - Lita (c) vs. Mickie James

First Blood Match
          - The Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy

4v4 Survivor Series Elimination Match
          - The Legends [Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes & Sgt. Slaughter] vs. The Spirit Squad

United States Championship
          - Chris Benoit (c) vs. Chavo Guerrero

5v5 Survivor Series Elimination Match
          - Team Cena [John Cena, Lashley, Kane, RVD & Sabu] vs. Team Show [Big Show, Umaga, MVP, Finlay & Test]

World Heavyweight Championship
          - King Booker (c) vs. Batista

5v5 Survivor Series Elimination Match
          - Team DX [HHH, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy & CM Punk] vs. Team Rated RKO [Edge, Randy Orton, Johnny Nitro, Gregory Helms & Mike Knox]

Comment

It's sad.. I was going through my old tapes from like.. 2001, and the Big Show was easily 100 pounds lighter, and just all around moved a lot better.. I hate that the WWE did this to him..

Comment

I'm pumped for the TNA show tonight....i hope it gets good ratings, it should be a great show.

Joe vs Angle at Genesis is going to be sick.

Overall, i'm fully on the TNA bandwagon......WWE is dead to me after all this K-Fed crap. I haven't watched Raw in weeks and don't plan on starting anytime soon.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by eazyb81
                I'm pumped for the TNA show tonight....i hope it gets good ratings, it should be a great show.

Overall, i'm fully on the TNA bandwagon......WWE is dead to me after all this K-Fed crap. I haven't watched Raw in weeks and don't plan on starting anytime soon.
                The problem is I don't want either to lose and I don't think either can(Joe/Angle). It's a necessity for it to somehow end with a double DQ of sorts.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I disagree. I think he'll show up on Smackdown and be an Upper-Mid Carder. He's got great charisma and I think that'll help him get over with the fans. The only thing I can see holding Monty back is that Vince won't push him because he's from TNA. If he's given a chance I think he'll do great in WWE.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur

The problem is I don't want either to lose and I don't think either can(Joe/Angle). It's a necessity for it to somehow end with a double DQ of sorts.
                    You're probably right, and I don't expect this angle to die after Genesis.

I'm guessing something will happen to keep the feud going; it would be a shame if we didn't get a few more matches out of these two.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur

I can see them doing a Time Limit Draw to set up some kind of Iron Man/Submission match later on.

Comment

Yea, I dont think either should lose tomorrow either. Like WMD said, a time limit draw would be my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD
                          I disagree. I think he'll show up on Smackdown and be an Upper-Mid Carder. He's got great charisma and I think that'll help him get over with the fans. The only thing I can see holding Monty back is that Vince won't push him because he's from TNA. If he's given a chance I think he'll do great in WWE.
                          Upper mid-card is that different from mid-card that you disagree with me?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

The way I read it made me think you meant you doubt he ever makes it to the mid card.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD
                              The way I read it made me think you meant you doubt he ever makes it to the mid card.
                              Of, my mistake, I meant that I doubt he ever gets above the mid-card level, ala Christian.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

primetime impact is on..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information